It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtubes dirty tricks wearing thin – Let's let them know!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
So I say that we start using our voices and any “free time” to let YT know that we are mad, that we are looking for alternative sites (with some people starting a REAL alternative), outright boycotting and sharing the fact they are censoring free speech. In addition we can use our relatively free time to cause YT a MAJOR headache and it will cost them a lot of time/money do deal with us.

In US courts there is a practice of overwhelming the court system with court cases, appeals, complaints, etc and submitting massive amounts of paperwork related to each case essentially burrying the prosecutor in so much work it can never be done. This CAN be illegal if it is a coordinated, intentional effort and if non-relevant information/evidence is submitted. IDK the proper name for this, but it is a tactic used by the prosecution in criminal cases, often very effectively, to force a plea deal for the defendant (because it would take 1,000's to 10,000's of hours to review all of the data provided in discovery which would cost hundreds of thousands of $ to millions just to review the data/docs)

What Youtube protesters can do is to start reporting of flagging all of the content that: they don't like – and there are plenty of reasons YT lists that can be used to justify this with about 35 flags.

I'd like to see 100,000-200,000 people doing 20-30 vids a day.

If you do this I would keep track of the videos (just the YT address – the part after the = in the URL like this www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF-JtkKaU-Qthe is fine, & maybe the video title) you flag and maybe the date. I'd like to see how many of these flaggins are acted upon.

Since someone can flag because the video hurt's their feelings or they think it is racist, offensive, etc. then that opens up many “liberal” videos to be flagged for the same thing, like videos supporting or talking about abortion, gun confiscation, etc. Since it is based on the viewpoint of the viewer, then flagging is based upon the feelings of the viewer and it doesn't have to be in line with YT policy and you are breaking no rules by flagging ANY video for any reason you feel. YT then has to make the decision as what to do. This will be a major headache to YT if a lot of people do this as they have to review these individually (as per their statements).

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

I'm not a dem or a lib .

I am not mad at youtube.

I defend the right of private business to do as they please with their property.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Might want to check ATS's T&C....

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

If you do this I would keep track of the videos (just the YT address – the part after the = in the URL like this www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF-JtkKaU-Qthe is fine, & maybe the video title) you flag and maybe the date. I'd like to see how many of these flaggins are acted upon.

So you can keep track of 2,000,000-6,000,000 videos per day. Damn! You're the shiznit yo!

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The funny thing is, many places that rely on outside reports of wrong doing also have policies in place by which they punish people who constantly report people falsely.

Youtube is private. They can do what they wish in their own house, so to speak. People can choose not to look at the vids, and to refrain from uploading. That's a better strategy than getting your own account banned for false reports and encouraging others to get themselves banned.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

let's say an alphabet agency starts a company called Alphabet, is that still private?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
YouTube, FaceBook, Twitter...and AboveTopSecret are FREE. They're not subscription-based platforms like Netflix, Comcast, etc..

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

So you can keep track of 2,000,000-6,000,000 videos per day. Damn! You're the shiznit yo!

I didn't mean personally, a report by those flagging would be sufficient, or a website that automated the tally/counts would be pretty simple

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I'm not advocating any false reports in the least bit. Let me make that clear.

What I am saying is that I can act as touchy and "snowflakey" as those on the left that flag things for the slightest thing. Well I can play the same game but from my POV and flag when I'm offended for whatever I feel is offensive, or abusive.

A pair of lesbian "mom's" dressing their 4-5yr old boy in princess outfits telling him he is a princess and that he CAN be a girl? I'll report child abuse. That would be my right and it would be how I honestly feel and I think it needs to be removed off the net.

How could that be abuse of the system (youtube system), it is clear abuse of the boy.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   

A pair of lesbian "mom's" dressing their 4-5yr old boy in princess outfits telling him he is a princess and that he CAN be a girl?

Yeah, thank you SO MUCH for THOSE freaking nightmares!

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I say go for it..we all know what happens when conservatives decide to boycott something or whatever...NOTHING..absolutely NOTHING..

No one cares that you can't spread your hateful, bigoted propaganda or whatever loony conspiracy theory you guys come up with next.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Your best bet would be to lodge a complaint at a shareholders meeting a companies job is to maximise profits if there is a programme that deliberately alienates 25 per cent or more of the population and the Directors have ordered such a program it could be argued they are in breach of fiduciary duty.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   
YouTube edits too much in my opinion.

If I see something I think should be flagged, I might do so. I've done it dozens of times in years past. I just don't spend much time on YouTube anymore with all the spam content I saw.
edit on 30/3/18 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp

A pair of lesbian "mom's" dressing their 4-5yr old boy in princess outfits telling him he is a princess and that he CAN be a girl?

Yeah, thank you SO MUCH for THOSE freaking nightmares!

Seen it on the News (USA Today) I believe... Couldn't believe what I was seeing.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: donnydeevil
I say go for it..we all know what happens when conservatives decide to boycott something or whatever...NOTHING..absolutely NOTHING..

No one cares that you can't spread your hateful, bigoted propaganda or whatever loony conspiracy theory you guys come up with next.

Well I think you would be surprised what happens when the conservatives become informed. Until recently, many conservatives (not old time Fox viewers but people who watched all MSM channels until the last election). I spent a few years before the election telling people that most of the media had a HUGE liberal bias and was told I was completely wrong - there was no bias. Now a large portion of those people have actually started to see that I was right and when they learned what to look for in the broadcast, they realized what I was talking about.

Media bias often can be detected in interviews not by the questions asked, but the questions relevant to the topic, which are completely ignored, which if asked, would reveal the other side of the story (conservative viewpoint) but somehow those are most always avoided or are only skirted around or are asked in a way that doesn't "dig deep" into the question or it's relevance.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Will do OP.
Found a dude spouting crap about how liberals are retards so I reported it and now it is down.
Found one asking for a purge of liberals....reported that also.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   
When YT starts talking about censoring videos with which they disagree (example videos that teach proper handling of guns- a gun saftey video targeted at young children -10-14 yrs old who want to get hunting license, for pete's sake!) then I think people should message YT to say that this isn't what should be censored even though it has guns. The video was flagged because some thought it was training young people to be terrorists, even though it dealt with all hunting rifles (actually .22 caliber and shotguns) and was nothing but safety and proper safe handling. When the content maker protested, his entire channel of over 200 videos was removed due to "harassing" YT's review committee - which I doubt he was considering the guy's demeanor in his videos.

My point on this is that YT has given the users a way to voice their feelings about videos, if they feel threatened, offended (like muslims being offended by certain videos about some other muslims - ISIS or Kurds actually I believe - being violent and barbarous - even though they were and eating hearts of a hostage they killed after beheading him). They weren't offended by the blurred out imagery but the statements that these were barbarous acts! The video was removed due to offending some people.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   

By doing this you'd be affecting the users more than the company itself, by flagging you'd get video's removed and the creator would receive no money for the content they may have spent days/weeks to create.

And a certain amount of strikes on a channel can get the whole channel shutdown or suspended, which suspends a persons livelyhood.

You'd be harming the every day creator more than you'd be harming youtube.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I'm mad at YouTube, but then again it's only because of the ads on some of the videos. Can't skip over the stupid things anymore...

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I shared a 'fart' meme the other week to a fb group I run. Someone reported it to FB and I got a 24hr posting ban for it lol.

I don't know how such sensitive and fragile people manage to get through their days without having a nervous breakdown.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join