It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Jarida: IAF F-35s over Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
m.jpost.com...

Two Israeli F-35 fighter jets entered Iranian airspace over the past month, Kuwaiti newspaper Al-Jarida reported on Thursday. The act is a signal of heightened regional tensions, especially in light of recent Israeli military attacks in Syria, including against Iranian bases in the country.

Sources quoted in Al-Jarida stated that two stealth fighters flew over Syrian and Iraqi airspace to reach Iran, and even targeted locations in the Iranian cities Bandar Abbas, Esfahan and Shiraz. 

I believe this to be true for a couple of reasons. There's a concerted message being sent to Iran at the moment.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Hrmm, would they be allowed to do that?

What range is that flight?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

On the flip side....

theaviationist.com...

There are some odd bits in the original story run by the Kuwaitis and picked up by the Jerusalem Post.

I'm not sold either way.

The running rumor is the F-35Is have been making attack runs in Syria. Again, still not sold. Possible, but...

Though, I have to wonder if they goosed the Su-57s, given how fast they were removed. Or the Raptors did.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

About 800 miles to Hamedan.

tjpeiffer.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

If they went undetected, how would anyone know about it unless Israel wanted it known.

That opens the door for the possibility of Israel announcing it whether or not the flight/s actually occurred . Just saying.

edit on 29-3-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Dag nabit!

edit on 29-3-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: anzha

On the flip side....

theaviationist.com...

There are some odd bits in the original story run by the Kuwaitis and picked up by the Jerusalem Post.

A lot of the reasons David lists for it not being true, are ironically reasons I believe it to be.
Think about the audience for that paper. Big picture.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I think you nail it in the first part (though CENTCOM would be aware and conceivably could be a source).

Still think it's happening.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

I think you nail it in the first part (though CENTCOM would be aware and conceivably could be a source).

Still think it's happening.

Yep, that's the second thought. Could the F-35 also get through Syria, Iraq and into Iran without the U.S detecting it? I doubt it. Would Israel even chance it without IFF clearance-just like back in Saddam's days-. I think not.

I actually thought that the F-22 placement in the UAE acted as a block to any Israeli move against Iran as well as an intimidation to Iran. Just idle thoughts, though.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Didn't the Isrealis add their own homebrew suites in those F35s? Maybe its something else.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Yep, that's the second thought. Could the F-35 also get through Syria, Iraq and into Iran without the U.S detecting it? I doubt it. Would Israel even chance it without IFF clearance-just like back in Saddam's days-. I think not. 

Could they? ERM, maybe? Would they? Not these days.

I actually thought that the F-22 placement in the UAE acted as a block to any Israeli move against Iran as well as an intimidation to Iran

Yes. Different administration though. I think this one not only greenlighted, but maybe helped.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Why wouldnt you want to test out a Stealth aircraft by testing its stealth against your neighbours targets..?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
If the story is true one of the questions that should be asked is whether the IDF Air force will equip the F-35 with nuclear consent panels? It would make an almost impossible to stop platform for launching cruise missiles which could be stealth.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: airforce47

The problem is mounting anything exterior to the F-35 is going to negate the stealth characteristics.

The internal bay of the F-35 is too small for a cruise missile.

They ARE the right size for gravity bombs or moderate distance standoff weapons.

An the Israelis have received an interface so they can add kit to the avionics of the F-35I. The primary reason, I would bet, is to allow them to be able to add a nuclear weapon interface to their birds. We wouldn't sell them that directly.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   

That's just it.

The F-35 still isn't FOC. Not even the F-35I. Running all the way to Iran would endanger one of them getting bagged. Stealth isn't a magic cloaking device. If the Iranians think even one is up there, they'd scramble EVERYTHING to bring it down. Even a Piper Cub with a popgun. Why? Because downing a Lightning would bring huge dividends: propaganda, tech examination and not even just for the Iranians: the Chinese or Russians would be furiously outbidding each other with promises for even some if not all of the crashed plane. And the Iranians would be harvesting the dividends of the effort for decades.

The Israelis do crazy stuff. However, this seems like a bit too far with too much risk with too little payoff.

They could plant the story in the Kuwaiti paper and reap far more for far less risk.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: anzha

No pay off like the actual updated information gained by use. They've been playing over Syria for years without stealth. The US has been playing over Iran for a decade. I think they've got a pretty good idea of the capabilities afforded by air defense networks, and more importantly the locations of deployment.

I doubt the Bandar Abbas part is true, but I'm willing to believe that Fordow and nearby installations got some ferret work done.

I'll even give you my guess on a date. 8 Mar.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Guys, the story is 100% BS. The paper has a long history of making interesting claims on defense related issues and Israel.

For example:

US warned Iranians of Israeli assassination plot but gives go ahead later:
www.haaretz.com...

Russia sold S-300 codes to Israel, Iran protests
www.popularmechanics.com...

Obama threatened to shoot down Israeli jets:
www.washingtonpost.com... b94ac8f5d1

Israel thwarted attack on Ehud Barak in Sngapore:
www.theguardian.com...

Assassination attempt on Netanyahu in Kenya:
www.apnews.com...

Dont waste your time on this. The story makes no sense anyway as theaviationist explained in detail.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I doubt the F-35 could fly all the way to Iran and back to Israel With its fuel capasity.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Isn't the U.S. developing a new generation nuke that is specifically designed to be delivered via the F-35?

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

No, the existing B61 is undergoing a life extension program which will ensure compatibility with the F-35 among other things.
Its extremely unlikely that Israel uses the B61 though.
The only new development going on is the LRSO, a nuclear armed missile intended to be carried by strategic bombers, mainly the B-21.
No connection to the F-35 or Israel.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join