It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is The Logos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The Gospel of John identifies the Logos, through which all things are made, as divine theos, and identifies Jesus Christ as the incarnate Logos. The Word of God made flesh.

Do you know Him?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger
For people who don't watch videos, the connection is made in the first 14 verses of the opening chapter.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
And we thought Kermit The Frog was a goner long ago . Looks like he's been trying to address his fundamental irrelevance ever since

edit on 29-3-2018 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Platonism with Greek's logia turn into man made theos( God ).

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I liked that you said "through" instead of "by". Some bible translators will change "through" to "by" in various key verses so that it appears (and it helps with making the argument) that creation was "by" Jesus instead of Jesus being the agent or instrumentality "through" whom Jehovah, the Creator, worked.

Prehuman Existence. The person who became known as Jesus Christ did not begin life here on earth. He himself spoke of his prehuman heavenly life. (Joh 3:13; 6:38, 62; 8:23, 42, 58) John 1:1, 2 gives the heavenly name of the one who became Jesus, saying: “In the beginning the Word [Gr., Loʹgos] was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god [“was divine,” AT; Mo; or “of divine being,” Böhmer; Stage (both German)]. This one was in the beginning with God.” Since Jehovah is eternal and had no beginning (Ps 90:2; Re 15:3), the Word’s being with God from “the beginning” must here refer to the beginning of Jehovah’s creative works. This is confirmed by other texts identifying Jesus as “the firstborn of all creation,” “the beginning of the creation by God.” (Col 1:15; Re 1:1; 3:14) Thus the Scriptures identify the Word (Jesus in his prehuman existence) as God’s first creation, his firstborn Son.

That Jehovah was truly the Father or Life-Giver to this firstborn Son and, hence, that this Son was actually a creature of God is evident from Jesus’ own statements. He pointed to God as the Source of his life, saying, “I live because of the Father.” According to the context, this meant that his life resulted from or was caused by his Father, even as the gaining of life by dying men would result from their faith in Jesus’ ransom sacrifice.​—Joh 6:56, 57.

If the estimates of modern-day scientists as to the age of the physical universe are anywhere near correct, Jesus’ existence as a spirit creature began thousands of millions of years prior to the creation of the first human. (Compare Mic 5:2.) This firstborn spirit Son was used by his Father in the creation of all other things. (Joh 1:3; Col 1:16, 17) This would include the millions of other spirit sons of Jehovah God’s heavenly family (Da 7:9, 10; Re 5:11), as well as the physical universe and the creatures originally produced within it. Logically, it was to this firstborn Son that Jehovah said: “Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness.” (Ge 1:26) All these other created things were not only created “through him” but also “for him,” as God’s Firstborn and the “heir of all things.”​—Col 1:16; Heb 1:2.

Not a co-Creator. The Son’s share in the creative works, however, did not make him a co-Creator with his Father. The power for creation came from God through his holy spirit, or active force. (Ge 1:2; Ps 33:6) And since Jehovah is the Source of all life, all animate creation, visible and invisible, owes its life to him. (Ps 36:9) Rather than a co-Creator, then, the Son was the agent or instrumentality through whom Jehovah, the Creator, worked. Jesus himself credited God with the creation, as do all the Scriptures.​—Mt 19:4-6; see CREATION.

Source: Jesus Christ: Insight, Volume 2

Matthew 19:4-6

In reply he said: “Have you not read that the one who created them from the beginning made them male and female 5 and said: ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and will stick to his wife, and the two will be one flesh’? 6 So that they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore, what God has yoked together, let no man put apart.”
edit on 31-3-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Whereislogic, the poster above me, quoted from a Biblical Encylopedia which explains the Logos (The Word) very aptly. The Word was with God in the beginning. And according to apostle John in chapter 1 he became flesh and was given the name Jesus.

The Word was divine in nature, unlike Adam, because he was created as a spirit in the form of his Father, Jehovah God. Adam was made from dirt, as flesh and blood, a living soul. (In the Bible a soul is a physical creature that has blood. Spirits such as Jehovah God and Jesus Christ are not souls, they are invisible spirits).

There is another scripture that refers to The Word and it tells us that he is an angel, and thus NOT God. It is in Revelation 19. If you recall in that chapter the prophecy concerning the battle of Armageddon is given. And Jesus Christ is shown leading an army of angels to execute divine judgement upon today's wicked world of ungodly men...notice how Jesus is referred to there:

"I saw heaven opened, and look! a white horse. And the one seated on it is called Faithful and True, and he judges and carries on war in righteousness.  His eyes are a fiery flame, and on his head are many diadems. He has a name written that no one knows but he himself, and he is clothed with an outer garment stained with blood, and he is called by the name The Word of God. Also, the armies in heaven were following him on white horses, and they were clothed in white, clean, fine linen. And out of his mouth protrudes a sharp, long sword with which to strike the nations, and he will shepherd them with a rod of iron. Moreover, he treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty. On his outer garment, yes, on his thigh, he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords." Revelation 19:11-16.

This warrior-king riding the white horse will no doubt remind you of the white horse mentioned in Revelation 6:2, one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse. The horse obviously symbolizes warfare, being white it represents righteousness, thus righteous warfare.

His white outer garments are stained with blood. How can that be if he is in heaven and angels do not have blood? That refers to the fact that "The Word" came to earth to live as a human and had his perfect human blood shed as a ransom in exchange for many.

On his thigh is also written the name "King of kings and Lord of lords." This no doubt reminds us of the fact that when Jesus was raised back to heavenly spirit life he was elevated above everyone else and kindly given the name above all names, and given authority over everyone so that all knee should bow to him, whether in heaven or on earth.

Here is the quote for that scripture:

"For this very reason, God exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name,  so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend—of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground—  and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father." Philippians 2:9-11

I once had a person who believed Jesus was God quote me this scripture as proof he was God, because he was given the name above all other names. But if you read this you will see that he cannot be God. Because God exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name. If he was God he could not be exalted above the others, or given a position superior to the others, as he would already be in that position.

Now why would Jesus be known as The Word? Well in Genesis, for example, we see God had intimate conversations with Adam. No doubt sharing with him many things. Among other things, his name Jehovah, that Adam was the son of God. He was also given the rule to not eat from the "tree of knowledge" and given tasks to complete, such as naming the animals. We don't know all of the conversations Jehovah had with Adam. But it is appearant that God spoke with him on a regular basis.

In fact after Adam and Eve had sinned scripture says that Jehovah came to talk with them about the breezy part of the day, and when they heard his voice they hid because they were ashamed of their nakedness. Before they sinned they were innocent and not aware of their nakedness. After sinning, their eyes were opened to see their nakedness:

"Later they heard the voice of Jehovah God as he was walking in the garden about the breezy part of the day, and the man and his wife hid from the face of Jehovah God among the trees of the garden.  And Jehovah God kept calling to the man and saying to him: “Where are you?”  Finally he said: “I heard your voice in the garden, but I was afraid because I was naked, so I hid myself.”  At that he said: “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree from which I commanded you not to eat?”  The man said: “The woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me fruit from the tree, so I ate.”  Jehovah God then said to the woman: “What is this you have done?” The woman replied: “The serpent deceived me, so I ate.” Genesis 3:8-13

Now in the Bible in other references when Jehovah himself is talking directly from heaven it always appears as his voice is that of thunder. Which makes sense, he being God. His voice obviously is nothing like that of a human. So do you think that God spoke with his thunderous voice with Adam and Eve all the time? No, obviously he used a spokesperson, or The Word. So it was Jesus that did the speaking to the man and woman for Jehovah in the garden of Eden. And thus it is most appropriate that he is known as The Word of God.

Notice that they heard the voice of God but did not see him. That is because Jesus was an invisible spirit person, or angel. Angels in the Bible can communicate with humans from the invisible spirit realm while not being seen literally. It also makes sense that they did not see God because if any human were to look upon his face they would die.

In fact in that same gospel of John you point to in the OP about Jesus being the Logos or word, John the beloved apostle of Jesus Christ, and who served alongside him and watched him die on the torture stake, and was a witness to his resurrection, and also was present when he floated into the clouds to return to the spirit realm and his place in the invisible spirit realm at his Father Jehovah's side, after seeing all of this, John tells us quite matter of factly that no one has ever seen God:

"No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is at the Father’s side is the one who has explained Him." John 1:18

top topics

join