It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: "We're Coming Out Of Syria Very Soon; Others Can Take Care Of It Now"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

President Donald Trump made a surprise announcement on Thursday afternoon, stating during a speech in Richfield, Ohio dedicated to Trump's infrastructure week, that US forces will be withdrawing from Syria, citing the defeat of ISIS and the need to defend US borders and rebuild crumbling infrastructure: "We're coming out of Syria very soon. Let the other people take care of it now." Others like Russia perhaps?

Trump’s remarks about Syria are in line with what he said last month, at a press conference in Washington with Australian PM Malcolm Turnbull.

“We're there for one reason: to get ISIS and get rid of ISIS, and to go home,” the US president had said. “We’re not there for any other reason and we’ve largely accomplished our goal.”

www.zerohedge.com...

Well I did my duty posting an anti trump thread today, so here is a pro one.

This is one of the reasons i voted for trump. Get out of these dumb wars!

Ok, go kill isis or terrorists. But regime change, and arming terrorists to fight assad is nuts.

Now we will see what actually happens. I know trump swamp people will encourage him to try to have a proxy war with russia, and overthrow assad.

But he should stick to his guns.

Who cares if assad is bad, we shouldnt be fighting him.

Props to trump for saying this (though words are cheap, lets see what he actually does). I am sure this will be met with near universally condemnation from the establishment MSM on both sides, that are chomping at the bit to nation build and have a conflict with russia.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Anti Trump thread? WTH does that even mean? So you're just playing the fence for kicks?

That last thread isn't simply an Anti Trump thread, rather a real world issue involving economics, to suggest its just that shows you really don't care, just designed to disagree with him. - offtopic.

ON TOPIC.

This is a good thing and surely to piss of the neocons I'd imagine.

Despite the offtopic part, S+F.
edit on 29-3-2018 by Arnie123 because: Muah

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The reason for our involvement wasn't what we were told anyway. Other countries wanted Assad out so they could move oil through his country to Europe and to diminish Iran's influence in the region. It's an Iranian/Saudi proxy war from the get go.

Edit: But dumb asses continue to believe the lies told to them by their leaders.
edit on 29-3-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I wonder what country we invade next? North Korea maybe? The MIC can't just lose a moneymaker without replacing it somewhere else.
edit on 3/29/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This is fricken great! Maybe he will actually follow through with this one. Next up: Afghanistan. Time to get the hell out and stop sacrificing our soldiers on the holy alter of war.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I wonder what country week invade next? North Korea maybe? The MIC can't just lose a moneymaker without replacing it somewhere else.
Ridiculous to even suggest that, I'm assuming you were joking, poor form.

Incase you haven't been paying attention, we have a leaders summit and the first time since, well forever, a sitting US President to meet the head of NokO.

But hey, to hell with Trump, so screw real news

Continue to NOT live up to your username, the irony is delicious.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

So trump plans on backing down in the country where we oppose the Russians..

No way.. shocking lol.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
He must not be listening to Bolton then. LOL

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I’ve always been told it was the opposite.

That we were in Syria to STOP a oil pipeline from being built to keep Assad from selling oil without going through opec..

Same exact conspiracy, but just backwards.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

The Syrian government can mop up what little remains of ISIS, with Russian help. We should pack up & leave before Syria ends up like Libya.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

You think the president will go against the MIC? Let's see how long it takes before we get into another war somewhere, if we don't then maybe you'll have a point. I am willing to bet by year's end we'll be in another country fighting them, either that or we'll still be in Syria. If I'm wrong you are more than welcome to call me out on it and I'll admit I was wrong. War is always a good election strategy.
edit on 3/29/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

edit on 29-3-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

You think the president will go against the MIC? Let's see how long it takes before we get into another war somewhere, if we don't then maybe you'll have a point. I am willing to bet by year's end we'll be in another country fighting them, either that or we'll still be in Syria. If I'm wrong you are more than welcome to call me out on it and I'll admit I was wrong. War is always a good election strategy.
Okay, well isn't pulling out of Syria ALREADY going agaisnt the MIC? Plus, didn't he give them 700 billion recently??? Seems like the MIC isn't all tjat powerful, other then their ability to roll over any county in the world.

However, IAW your post, we'll cross that bridge when the time comes.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
If they wanted to kill Assad they can do that with a cruise missile strike on the presidential palace any time they want. So what? Assad is just one man. It's Russia who is his master.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I wonder what country we invade next? North Korea maybe? The MIC can't just lose a moneymaker without replacing it somewhere else.

How do you feel about Libya which was a beautiful country but since it was destroyed due to it's leaders reluctance to sign on to the global central BANK has now turned into a shnip hole where slavery is rampant?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Okay, well isn't pulling out of Syria ALREADY going agaisnt the MIC?

Saying something and actually doing it are two different things.

Plus, didn't he give them 700 billion recently???

Who gave who 700 billion? I just know that Trump has announced his plans to increase the MIC budget.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I think it's terrible. Where was this leading?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Anti Trump thread? WTH does that even mean? So you're just playing the fence for kicks?

That last thread isn't simply an Anti Trump thread, rather a real world issue involving economics, to suggest its just that shows you really don't care, just designed to disagree with him. - offtopic.

Yes, anti trump as in me criticizing something trump did.

Meaning that although I am a trump supporter, I dont heishtate to argue against him if i disagree with him.

How is that me showing I dont care?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
So Trump is pulling out of Syria and war has been averted in NoKo, US an China are coming together for an agreement.

Man, Trump sure is a warmonger, I though he was the harbinger of doom, destroyer of worlds?

edit on 29-3-2018 by Arnie123 because: REMOVED FOR POLITICAL BAIT AND TROLLING 😭

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join