It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Objectification or compliment?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

and i ask if you would compliment a guy cause it made me think of pulp fiction. vincent is talking about how a foot massage is no big deal. its just a foot massage.
jules asks him if he would give a man a foot massage

so would you compliment a dude?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

would you compliment a dude on his hair cause youve got mad human warmth?

hahahahahahaha

i dont think you did anything wrong so im just busting chops but it is a legit question.

if not then why?

also ive never seen hair so beautiful i would have to stop looking at kick ass cheese and go make a compliment.

again, not saying you were wrong.

would you be interested in sex with her?

would you compliment the lush hair of a woman you are just not attracted to?

legit questions

just trying to have a conversation. i just took my medicine

Haha yes!
The closest I can come to hair and complimenting males, few weeks ago guy in supermarket queue had a fantastically manicured beard so I commented and he admitted it was a ball ache keeping it manicured lol.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Haha yes!
The closest I can come to hair and complimenting males, few weeks ago guy in supermarket queue had a fantastically manicured beard so I commented and he admitted it was a ball ache keeping it manicured lol.

did you get his number?

hahahahhah

cool.
thanks for answering

edit on 29-3-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Haha yes!

did you get his number?

hahahahhah

cool.
thanks for answering

No, I'm straight, just a bit gay on the sly x

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

me too

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Hey this thread had plenty of cheeze after all

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
Hey this thread had plenty of cheeze after all

Eastern European cheese is amazing!

EDIT
Not as amazing as the girls hair though. Work of art.
edit on 29-3-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I opened a door which I just passed through in Kingsgate shopping centre in Huddersfield for a young student girl and she shouted "I don't need your help!".......
I was brought up to hold doors for ladies.
Heck even at work I get bombarded with talk about women's monthly periods and when I asked them to stop they got worse....but I give a compliment to a girl at work for being pretty I get a significant discussion.
We can't win.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I would and do.
I'm comfortable with my sexuality and can see that some fellas are very handsome it doesn't mean I want any bum fun with them.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

I get ya.
It was why I paused thinking should I innitiate contact.
The real world is a strange place fo sure.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Gone are those impulse days.
"When a man you never met gives you flowers"
They wouldn't get away with those ads anymore.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

It was just a compliment. Objectification occurs when you start treating her like an object.

Her beautiful hair was the object I guess, a beautiful work of art. Is that still okay these days then?
I'll admit I'm struggling with what's okay these days because if I believed the world of the internet I'd be a potential rapist just for complimenting beautiful hair.

Well, let's be serious, humans are objects. But from what you say, she wasn't offended, wasn't uncomfortable, and your compliment seemed appropriate enough.

Ah it was a genuine warm random human interaction, I guess what I'm driving at is that I actually felt scared initially at the thought of merely complimenting a fellow human.
I'm glad I did now, but it's mad our world has become one where fear of misinterpretation can hinder us people being nice to each other.

If it ever gets to the point that complimenting ones hair is off limits I am done on this rock! Now you said nice T*ts or @$$ and a kicking body well then sir you will get whatever punishment comes thine way...

But I'm catching your drift so I say continue to compliment someone politely about that nice sweater (see above) or nice Jeans/Dress (also see above) we have become sly ones in these strange days of playing the mating game.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

im just busting chops too.

i dont think ive ever complimented a dude on his hair or his ass but just last week i complimented one of our vendors on his stacy adams.
they were the #

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I got a nice compliment from a man a while back. I was sitting outside a shop with my then 15-year-old daughter while waiting for my husband to bring the car around, and this guy walks up to us. He asks me if this was my daughter. I said yes, and was a little worried this grown man was focusing on my teen daughter, but he looked at her and said, “you are going to be absolutely beautiful, just look at your mom.” I laughed and thanked him, and he wished us a good day and left.

I don’t see anything wrong with a compliment in passing.

What a nice way to double down on being friendly. The guy you were talking to seems to have some old school charm that you don't really see much today.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage

It was just a compliment. Objectification occurs when you start treating her like an object.

Her beautiful hair was the object I guess, a beautiful work of art. Is that still okay these days then?
I'll admit I'm struggling with what's okay these days because if I believed the world of the internet I'd be a potential rapist just for complimenting beautiful hair.

Well, let's be serious, humans are objects. But from what you say, she wasn't offended, wasn't uncomfortable, and your compliment seemed appropriate enough.

Ah it was a genuine warm random human interaction, I guess what I'm driving at is that I actually felt scared initially at the thought of merely complimenting a fellow human.
I'm glad I did now, but it's mad our world has become one where fear of misinterpretation can hinder us people being nice to each other.

If it ever gets to the point that complimenting ones hair is off limits I am done on this rock! Now you said nice T*ts or @$$ and a kicking body well then sir you will get whatever punishment comes thine way...

But I'm catching your drift so I say continue to compliment someone politely about that nice sweater (see above) or nice Jeans/Dress (also see above) we have become sly ones in these strange days of playing the mating game.

It's genuinely not about dating though, I have many options with my female friends, nobody is floating my boat at the moment though lol.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

No. It would give me the gheys.

LOL

I don't compliment dudes unless they do something worthy. Then again, i don't compliment chicks either. Im less about fluff and more about achievment.

But I do make it a point to let people I respect and admire know that fact. It ain't easy to earn from me, and I want people to know when they have.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

No. It would give me the gheys.

LOL

I don't compliment dudes unless they do something worthy. Then again, i don't compliment chicks either. Im less about fluff and more about achievment.

But I do make it a point to let people I respect and admire know that fact. It ain't easy to earn from me, and I want people to know when they have.

I compliment dudes often, usually perfectly manicured beards or sculpted gym bodies.
I'm a straight CIS male.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Somewhere, on a college campus, someone would say that you raped her.

That it was an unwelcome advance.

But I have to wonder. How the hell are you supposed to meet anyone if all advances are not welcomed?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Somewhere, on a college campus, someone would say that you raped her.

That it was an unwelcome advance.

But I have to wonder. How the hell are you supposed to meet anyone if all advances are not welcomed?

I think that is the premise of this thread to be fair.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

If i see someone with a sculpted gym body I tend to laugh to myself.

All the hours wasted when life could have been enriched instead. I used to work out (was the 4th strongest high schooler in the state when i was a senior back in 1992 and played college football), and decided one day that the hours (literal hours a day) i spent in the gym was not returning quality of life for me.

If it were me, id compliment someone who is able to find that balance between health and life.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join