It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Companies Pull Ads on Fox because David Hogg Says So

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
David Hogg urges boycott of Laura Ingraham after Fox host calls him ‘whiny’ (title of the article linked at the bottom)

I would like to preface this by saying that the only reason I'm making a thread about this is because it is entertaining to me... I hate to give this guy any more air time than he has already received, but I think this is worth discussing with the active minds on ATS.

& because it is fascinating to see how both society, and individuals are reacting to the recent protests/ the gun reform movement. This recent incident also has an economic impact, as you will see below.

On we go:

So Laura Ingraham (a Fox News contributor) apparently tweeted something about David Hogg, which upset David. Here is what she said:

David Hogg Rejected By Four Colleges To Which He Applied and whines about it. (Dinged by UCLA with a 4.1 GPA...totally predictable given acceptance rates.)

Her tweet also included a link to an article describing Hogg getting rejected: link

Front page of my Internet Explorer just showed this headline: Ingraham Sorry for Mocking Parkland Survivor

The MarketWatch article I'm basing this thread off of had this to say:

When Hogg found out he’d been rejected by UCLA, UC Santa Barbara, UC Irvine and UC San Diego, he was understandably a little bummed out about it, and he shared his feelings in an interview with TMZ earlier this week. “It’s not been too great for me and some of the other members of the movement,” he said. “If colleges want to support us in that, great; if they don’t, it doesn’t matter — we’re still going to change the world.”

Now what has happened, is a number of companies are removing their ads from Laura Ingraham's program in retaliation.

David Hogg took to twitter to ask his 600,000 followers to call Laura Ingraham's sponsors and have their voices heard about her bullying him. Hogg's tweet said the following:

Pick a number 1-12 contact the company next to that #
Top Laura Ingraham Advertisers
1. @sleepnumber
2. @ATT
3. Nutrish
4. @Allstate & @esurance
5. @Bayer
6. @RocketMortgage Mortgage
7. @LibertyMutual
8. @Arbys
9. @TripAdvisor
10. @Nestle
11. @hulu
12. @Wayfair

A number of spokespeople for companies have already publicly stated that Laura Ingraham is "bullying high school kids" and "what kind of mother is she".

What do you guys think about all this? Avidly waiting to hear

Market watch Article

edit on 29-3-2018 by FamCore because: added link with "Ingraham Mocking Survivor" title

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Hehe.

wow what a great show.

^_^

Let me change my mind because someone is a whiny bitch incapable of dealing with criticism. ..

Not.

I don't even like Fox lol.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
What do you guys think about all this?

it's their money, if they want to stop spending it there it's their prerogative. Maybe the Noah's Ark guy can take out a few more ads to make up for it.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Probably go back to Gold Buyers and SSRI adverts lol

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Right.

We need more Arthur Fonzarelli hocking gold to old people. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I thought they were buying thought info wars gets us to buy China India we sell it too lol.

Fox doing both hahaha.

I'm sure those and some J G Wentworth lol

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Let me change my mind because someone is a whiny bitch incapable of dealing with criticism. ..

You talking about Hogg or Laura Ingraham?

edit on 29-3-2018 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Lysergic

Right.

We need more Arthur Fonzarelli hocking gold to old people. "
Aaaaaye
"

Fixed that for you augie

Respectfully,
~ meathead

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Watch those advertisers that pull ads get boycotted themselves by Ingraham supporters !!

🎓📺

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Suck it up David! War is hell! You and the rest of the cultural marxists should be careful what you wish for?

For those easily triggered? DO NOT WATCH THE VIDEO!!!

edit on 29-3-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Watch those advertisers that pull ads get boycotted themselves by Ingraham supporters !!

🎓📺

In the future, they may not even talk much about the current "trade war"...

This could escalate into the Great Advertising War of 2018

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The beautiful thing about watching these leftists is that they inevitably devolve into fighting each other for victimhood status. It's just a matter of time until someone calls Hogg out for not checking his "white male privilege" over his belief that he deserves to get into whatever college he wants.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Well, Mr. Hogg needs to realize, that if you play with the big dogs...you will get bit.

Like my old drill instructor said...never in the military, my boss on college...

Suck it up, buttercup!

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

# em both.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
The beautiful thing about watching these leftists is that they inevitably devolve into fighting each other for victimhood status. It's just a matter of time until someone calls Hogg out for not checking his "white male privilege" over his belief that he deserves to get into whatever college he wants.

roflmao That's probably why he got denied! He is a white male!!!!! I said from the get go they would turn into cannibals and I must say I am enjoying the hell out of watching them eat their own!

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

looks more like laura ingram needs to learn how to play with the big dogs, she's the one who's losing sponsorship. lol

she was bullying this kid and we wonder so many kids are so messed up.

who bullies a kid? really? good god.

she's awful and i'm glad she's losing sponsorship.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

David hogg is a wizard!

He has more power than the president, congress , and all advertising companies combined.

All fear the great and power hogg!!

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: theatreboy

looks more like laura ingram needs to learn how to play with the big dogs, she's the one who's losing sponsorship. lol

she was bullying this kid and we wonder so many kids are so messed up.

who bullies a kid? really? good god.

she's awful and i'm glad she's losing sponsorship.

Who bullies a kid saysyou?

Who puts a kid in a situation to be a political pawn against it's countries founding principles?

Politics is for adults not children, and the fact the Marxist/Progressive left have chosen to use children???

Good luck with that! Hitler did the same thing.....

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

More like a pawn.

Step back and see the whole picture.

L O L

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

the other kid (who was bullied) put this kid in this situation. why do you want to silence him?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join