It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is wrong to criticize Amazon

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Times change.. businesses need to adapt. 70% of small businesses this year, were thinking of utilizing Amazon for a sales channel. They get to use the already established sales market Amazon has developed. A brick and mortar store can now easily sell to a much broader market. How tragic?

Trump is not singling out Amazon due to financial reasons. It is 100% personal. Do people really think Trump was angry that NFL players were being disrespectful of American servicemen and woman by kneeling during the anthem? No.. he was PO'd that he tried to get an NFL franchise and couldn't. And then he basically ruined the USFL by trying to go head-to-head against the NFL, and when he failed, he sued the NFL for being a monopoly. He won - was awarded 1 dollar (after being tripled for antitrust and after interest, he won 3.76). That is why he is bitter about the NFL. All his comments about the national anthem and the league were driven by his past experiences, and it's sad that he tries to paint it like he is some sort of nationalist hero, when it couldn't be further from the truth. Just like his beef with Amazon.
edit on 31-3-2018 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
Grambler I am with you on this one.
If Pres Trump wants to go after a business I am much more concerned with the way Facebook and Google do business. Not the business model they use but the information that they gather and what they do with it. I also disagree with allowing these businesses to gain a virtual monopoly on information and the way they slant their platforms to favor one group over another.
When one group can muddy the waters on the information you can access we are in big trouble,IMHO.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
Last month, I met Mr. Bezos for the first time. The man is eloquent and a class act. This entire thread is totally ironic bc I suggested he should run for POTUS. 😂😂
I hope he does so just to infuriate Trump. Besides, he is wayyyyy better than the anti-Christ...oops, I meant HRC.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabitNo.. he was PO'd that he tried to get an NFL franchise and couldn't.

So the story goes, the NFL accepted his bid, but as part of their due dillegence, they wanted to make sure he had the finances to make the purchase of a team. Trump responded by sending them countless articles where other people talk about how rich he is. Nothing in the packet had anything to do with the details of his financials. Between that, which would have sunk him on it's own... he's got a reputation that you don't want to get involved in business with him, and he was declined.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Anyone who claims this is anything other than an attack on the free press by a petulant man, is utterly deluded.

Trump is famous for his terrible business practises, and has the zero ethics.

He's just upset at the WaPo calling him out on his BS, and Bezos being genuinely wealthy.

Whether or not you're pro trump is not the issue here. This is absolutely not ok and you shouldn't let your insecure partisanship force you to claim it's all ok.
edit on 1-4-2018 by fencesitter85 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join