It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian spy: Yulia Skripal 'improving rapidly'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: sunShines

Why would such a move cause Putin to lose the election? It's been clear for a while now that Putin has been pushing anti-West rhetoric to bolster his support.

This act lets him ramp up the rhetoric even more.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Where was it ever claimed it had a 100% mortality rate? Andrei Zheleznyakov was unconscious for 10 days after being exposed to Novichok but then lived another five years before succumbing to complications.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner

Totally agree. Hillary was a globalist shoe in! She was groomed for it and the state run media went ballz to the wall pushing for it. Then came Trump and the silent majority tipped the apple cart! Kinda like Brexit?

You have Hungary and Poland fighting tooth and nail against Soros and the EU. The globalists are getting extremely nervous, thus the whole Cambridge Analytics and now we have Google, Facebook and Twitter on the ropes. Well that's what THEY want us to think but guaranteed the whole social media thing is a total farce and misdirection to further the agenda of the globalists.

Stay salty and question everything!

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Why would such a move cause Putin to lose the election? It's been clear for a while now that Putin has been pushing anti-West rhetoric to bolster his support.

Because Putin using Russia only poison to kill someone in Britain a few days before election means he is crazy so why should anyone vote for a crazy person?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

originally posted by: sunShines

Trump is openly hostile to Russia, as are most Republicans. Trump occupies huge parts of Syria. Obama never did that and I don't believe Hillary would have. Hillary has always had good relations with Russia.

You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Hillary wanted no fly zones in Syria threatening to shoot down Russian aircraft.

That's just campaign rhetoric. Hillary had been secretary of state. She knows what is okay, what is off limits, not like Trump, a game show host with no experience in politics.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Because Putin using Russia only poison to kill someone in Britain a few days before election means he is crazy so why should anyone vote for a crazy person?

Because he's using his state run media as a propaganda tool and telling the Russian people that we in the west are against them and that without Putin at the helm they surely will fail as a country.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

Because he's using his state run media as a propaganda tool and telling the Russian people that we in the west are against them and that without Putin at the helm they surely will fail as a country.

Russians don't want war with the west. Russia only has 140 million people. The west has more than 1 billion people. Russians look up to the west. Putin is also not someone who hates the west. The International Space Station is jointly operated by Russia and America.
edit on 29-3-2018 by sunShines because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Trump can breathe a lot easier now that doctors can save you from the poison.

now i imagine he'll be able to call putin some derogatory nickname to massage his ego a bit.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Putin is telling the Russian people that without him Russia will fall, and it's the west that's' doing it, it's all over his state run media. By demonizing the west, he can do almost anything and the Russian people will back him to the bitter end (and by the sound of it quite a few Americans too).
edit on 29-3-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
She is a Russian traitor, not a Russian spy. If someone from England did that kind of thing, when the English intelligence caught them they would just be put in prison for the rest of their lives. That is much more humane than killing the traitor.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

If that's what you think then you haven't been paying attention. Ever since about 2014 with the annexation of Crimea, Russian media has been pushing an anti-West narrative.

Now I will agree that Russia does not want war with the West. But they also don't want civil unrest. Following Crimea, Russia's economy took a nose dive. This is primarily due to the Russian economy being too dependent on oil along with rampant corruption at all levels of government.

So, if Putin didn't want to risk having his head on a pike he needed a scapegoat. And ever since then Putin has rallied his people against the boogeyman that is the West.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I wouldn't trust any information coming from the UK government about anything, particularly regarding Russia, given the narrative over the past few years.

I think too, that if I was to become a spy, then a double agent that betrayed my own country, attempts on my life would be something I would expect. I could be wrong but I read that he had given information that exposed fellow spies.

It might be that his location was revealed through his daughters visits...but then again his address could have been compromised long ago, who can say?

I can't see Putin gaining much from this, unless of course he is just playing the same game as everyone else. I don't buy the political motivation, he didn't need it...and the idea of it being a warning to others, doesn't really jive with the knowledge that he was already serving time. Not even life.
Who gains the most from this? The UK and it's allies, and the US of course.

edit on 29-3-2018 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Mad Vlad gets to kill an enemy of the state and use the fallout as a weapon of propaganda to get the people of Russia on his side and "protect" them from the dreaded west, making him look like a hero.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Russians are scared to death by the west. The last thing Russians want is a war with the west. Think about it. The west is like 10 times the territory of Russia, many times the population. All Russians want is a tiny base in Syria and Americans are up with their arms in the air.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

a reply to: Kurokage

Russians are scared to death by the west. The last thing Russians want is a war with the west. Think about it. The west is like 10 times the territory of Russia, many times the population. All Russians want is a tiny base in Syria and Americans are up with their arms in the air.

Russians are scared to death of the West because of mad Vlad's state sponsored propaganda against the west.
All Russia wants is Syria also seems to include Crimea, the Ukraine, and anyone else who gets in putrid Putins way of ruling Russian undemocratically!!

edit on 29-3-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Mad Vlad gets to kill an enemy of the state and use the fallout as a weapon of propaganda to get the people of Russia on his side and "protect" them from the dreaded west, making him look like a hero.

I have no idea who 'Mad Vlad ' is but the choice of words reveals a silly childishness. I think Putin is already a hero figure for the Russian people. The West might indeed be viewed as 'dreaded' given the not stop demonization of their leader and country from the West.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Russia is no less undemocratic than Saudi Arabia and Americans have no problem selling trillions of dollars of weapons to Saudi Arabia.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

I have no idea who 'Mad Vlad ' is but the choice of words reveals a silly childishness. I think Putin is already a hero figure for the Russian people. The West might indeed be viewed as 'dreaded' given the not stop demonization of their leader and country from the West.

You know exactly who mad Vlad is, he's the one demonizing the west to the Russian people, hacking the west, invading countries like Crimea and state sponsored terrorism in the Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
According to the mdia and some on here it was only a matter of time till both died. Poisoned by novichok my arse.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join