It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Will Wheaton met William *Bleeping* Shatner.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I like Will he is a funny dude he is acting out the time he met Captain Kirk and I must admit my nerdy self laughed out loud.

Muscle suits lol.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I saw that this was 20+ minutes long and I thought I would just watch 40 seconds of it. It was so good I watched it all

Thanks

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Like Socrates, I expected a 2-3 minute skim and then enjoyed listening to the lot. Wheaton's anecdotes made me laugh and it's always fun hearing about actors who take themselves too seriously.

I don't even know how Shatner does it. He manages to simultaneously mock himself whilst behaving like the big I Am. I guess the word is incorrigible.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
S&F for the laughs.
That was fun.

I'd spent some time working with Shatner about the time this story supposedly took place.
He was actually a very pleasant and interesting guy.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Me too and in fact again later this coming month and yes he is an amazing and very gracious person. I won't say his age but I will say you wouldn't guess it---Bill Shatner will blow your mind with how active and sharp he is.

Have you seen this show? Hee-lariously cool.
And...he has a Country Album coming out soon with all original songs. BOLO! He still goes where none have gone before...at least with the same amount of world-class class.

edit on 29-3-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I'd watch that.

Shatner is an incredibly smart man. He is curious about everything...asks intelligent questions about things he wants to know more about. He doesn't suffer BS well.

I only spent a day with him...but came away thinking he was one of the most interesting people I've ever met.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

All that is exactly my impression too. I'll give Will the benefit of the doubt, I guess, but I'd say never act star struck around a celebrity even if you are lol.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I have only really started watching Will Wheaton due to his very needy YouTube channel.
He knows Will was more of less hated in the trek community and takes it well.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I met Shatner when I took my geek self and son to a Star Trek Convention. What an unpleasant, egotistical person.
The rest of the characters from all the Star Treks were friendly, great.

As we were leaving, at a stop light, William Shatner was crossing the street I guess to leave and he did everything to avoid looking at us-but, he made the mistake of glancing at us. I gave him a big finger. Proud of it.

Made my son laugh-he was so deflated by Shatner ignoring him-we felt better. Shatner's ego would never let something like that bother him though.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

I have only really started watching Will Wheaton due to his very needy YouTube channel.
He knows Will was more of less hated in the trek community and takes it well.

Aha I didn't know that. Now it makes sense why his BBT role was such an asshole in the first seasons. Speaking of which, he might have made more $$$ off BBT than the whole series of Next Gen.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Nerdy btw not needy lol.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Assholes always make the most money though.

new topics

top topics

join