It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will LeBron make it in the NBA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Do you guys think that LeBron will succeed in the NBA, as Stoudamire did in Phoenix? Or will he be a rookie-of-the-year wannabe? I personally think He'll hit it big in the Pro's... He won't be the best right off the bat, but I'm sure he'll get there in 4 or 5 years.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:48 PM
link   
He better or Nike just wasted $90 million on the kid.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:49 PM
link   
yup.. and I bet no organization wants to waste 90 mil... No matter how rich the company is.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:52 PM
link   

yup.. and I bet no organization wants to waste 90 mil... No matter how rich the company is.

True. But unless he gets hurt I think he'll do just fine in the NBA.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Yea... I heard he was good... compared to Jordan... and When I actually watched one of his games on ESPN... i realized he was no joke... He's the real deal

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I'm from Oh.
He will be ok in the NBA. He is a focused and well grounded young man. His skills should improve over time.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Another thing... he's playing for the cavs... So even if he doesn't do that good... the guys around him that are doing even worse will make him look better... to me the only other good player besides LeBron on the Cavs is Darius Miles.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Yea... I heard he was good... compared to Jordan...

He may be good but he's no Jordan. Nobody is.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I think he'll pull a kobe on everybody. At the begining, he WILL stink, he will be the cause of losing some games, and everybody all of a sudden will turn into a critic on basketball. Then he will get his groove on and bounce back and throw back people in awe.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   
yeah he will be good and so will the cavs. With lebron james the next jermaine o'neil dewoun wagner and darius milles that is a pretty talented back court. YES LEBRON WILL BE good maybe not right away but give him a few months to get used to the nba.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I actually think he'll be better than KOBE... One thing i don't like about Kobe is he isn't really that consistent. I know he had that string of 40-point games, but usually he'll put up 40, then only score 5 the next day... i think LeBron will be consistent and put up the numbers as Jordan did... I'm not saying he'll be better or as good as Jordan though.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Too bad he is as inarticulate as a box of hammers. Even if he is good at a game it is still a game.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   
True... It is a game... But to some people this "game" is there whole life and would do anything to keep it in their lives... I personally love basketball...and I would die if they took the game away.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GiantsFan
True... It is a game... But to some people this "game" is there whole life and would do anything to keep it in their lives... I personally love basketball...and I would die if they took the game away.

I am a die hard college bball fan. A UofL fan til I die. I just think pro ball is way over hyped. they are overpaid and whiny.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Yes... they are overpaid... Until your the one making all that money... then it all changes.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 01:14 AM
link   
He'll be better than Kobe????? NO WAY.

I'm not a hater, I hope LeBron succeeds but he will be nowhere near Kobe or McGrady. Think about it. This kid LeBron has been playing skinny high school kids with acne on their face, just wait till he plays real men. He won't be good off the start, but he'll be an all-star, maybe a starter.

He needs to work on his jumpshot and he has no post up game whatsoever.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Yes I agree... I don't think he'll be a better player than McGrady, but I still feel that he'll be better than Kobe. I don't know why but there's just something about Kobe that I don't like... One big reason I think LeBron will be better than Kobe is because he knows how to share the ball. To me, I think Kobe is a little bit of a ballhog. Now with LeBron, he'll score 40 or 50 points but also get in 11 or 12 assists. I'm not saying Kobe doesn't share the ball, he just doesn't as much as he should. He needs to understand there is no "I" in team. Maybe in some other language's spelling... but not ours. i have a good feeling about LeBron... He won't be a jordan, but he'll be up there with Magic, Bird, mcGrady and them after his career is all over.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 01:24 AM
link   
of course he'll be a starter. Whenever Nike pays somebody 90 million dollars... he WILL start, they will find a way. They always do...

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   
lebron would be a stater if he went to the lakers. he is that good

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I hate the Lakers... if he goes anywhere I want him to go to Sacremento. I think LeBron, Webber, Christie, Bibby, and Stojakovic should be the starting five.

new topics

top topics

join