It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US considers assassination squads

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2002 @ 07:50 AM
link   
"(the world)can't afford to sit on our butt's and do nothing."

actually you know what?
I reackon thats a pretty good idea.

after Sep 11 you should have rebuilt the tower, mourned the dead and then shut up about it.

nothing destroys terrorists like not paying attention to them.

think how #ed Al Quaeda would have been if no one had ever heard of them, their cause, their mission.

Imagine how successful the IRA would be if no one actually gave a # about them and refused to listen to their rantings and refused to get pissed off with their bombs.

it would take time but sooner or later their numbers would simply dwindle and they'd disappear into obscurity.

unfortunatly thats not the american way, unfortunatly you decided to have a hissy fit, stamp your foot and throw a tantrum and, whilst the world put up with it for a while, now we're sick of it which is why no one wants to support you in Iraq.

I assumed a "war on terrorism"'s mission was to reduce the number of terrorists, all this one seems to have done is kill a # load of civillians and give Ossama Bin Ladan unprecedented television time so he can summon more people to his cause.

If there were 10,000 people who hated america before all this, then theres now 3000 martyres being mourned by 20,000 people who hate america even more, some because they believe in the holy war but most I suspect because you've blown their houses and hospitals up.

~shrug~
go ahead, carpet bomb Iraq, it'll just make somone even more determined to nuke washington.

posted on Aug, 29 2002 @ 10:12 AM
link   
We have never done anything about terrorist's,loolk what it got us.Blown up.It's a perfect example off what do nothing accomplishes.The same can be said about Saddam,if we do nothing he will be free to do whatever he wants.I find that thought pretty scarey.

As far as the world goes there are times when I wish the U.S. would pullout and leave everyone to figure things out for themselves.I woould like see what would happen if we let Saddam run free,let China do what it wants,stop sending aid when there's a diasaster somewhere,stop buying products from around the world.It wouldn't be long before most of the world would call us to come back and help.
Please America come help, Saddam just nuked and gased the middle east,China now rules all of Asia there's famine in Africa please send food and so on.

posted on Aug, 29 2002 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Lupe hit the hammer right on the nail here...

The terrorist are very happy with the attention they got. It gives them more power...

posted on Aug, 29 2002 @ 01:19 PM
link   
That's funny,Ive know about terroist most of my life,since the 70's anyways.
They are not a new thing.The only time I can rember the U.S doing anything about then is Libya. I think that was pretty effective,haven't heard much about in Khadfie(sp)in more than 20 years.

posted on Aug, 29 2002 @ 08:03 PM
link   
i can see both sides of the issue. I hate how the government is getting so powerful and doin arrest eith no reason. But i agree with teh assasin squad in a pure form. WIthout a corupt govt like our s at this time it would be a great idea. I mean it would cost less US casualties then goin to war to take out one regim.

posted on Aug, 29 2002 @ 09:29 PM
link   
It is apparent that Lupe is severely lacking in knowledge as he is comparing Irish folk to Arabs. The mindset is totally different.
They see inactivity as weakness and concessions as breaking. Showing compassion or responding in a humane way fuels their fire and causes them to believe that they are taking the proper course to victory.

Allowing ourselves to be attacked, the enemy to declare war, and then respond in a spineless manner as some would have, would do nothing more than bring on more attacks, and more sucessful attacks as the terrorist mechanism would not be disrupted and their spirits extremely high.

posted on Aug, 30 2002 @ 03:03 AM
link   
well having lived in Ireland with my Irish girlfriend and her Irish family before moving to England I think you can bite my arse till you get some experience kiddo.

posted on Aug, 30 2002 @ 05:53 AM
link   
What does that have to do with what I said? Are you so ethnocentric that you think the Arabs act as the Irish?
And there you go with your left wing, liberal, moral relativity crap again; I'll have nothing to do with your arse. I do not swing that way.

posted on Aug, 30 2002 @ 08:29 AM
link   
just replying in kind doodle.
keep yer knickers on.

sanctimony reaps sanctimony and all that jazz.

posted on Aug, 30 2002 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Huh? Does that mean you don't find me attractive?

posted on Sep, 1 2002 @ 02:22 PM
link   
lol

posted on Sep, 5 2002 @ 10:34 AM
link   
IMHO, that should have been the response from the get go: tactical strike teams by the World�s Best Military based on sound intel coordinated with our allies, not the WAR ON TERROR � marketing campaign to save the failing term of a questionably �elected� president.
We are the 1B to the Mossad�s 1A on the Intelligence front, and unsurpassed on the military capabilities front. I�m from a family with numerous career officers ( did my AF stint and got out), we all concur that this has been both an extremely sloppy campaign AND way too public in our intentions. But, they are slower to believe my point that it�s prime intention was to bolster this president�s very meager stature ( guess if I did 23 years like my older brother & got the bars, I�d be completely indoctrinated as well)

And this WAS my backyard where it happened and my colleagues that it happened to, Hell, it was my livelihood! ( Morgan was my biggest client).
Not a day goes by��.
I�m sick about the looming anniversary & how these bastards in the government and media will market the WAR ON TERROR �.
The people who died -- the firemen, the cops, the ordinary office workers -- were often brave. But to label them all "heroes," while sometimes apt, obscures the fact that they were also victims who were ill served by their superiors, their equipment, their government.
The tendency now is to play the sad bagpipes and fly the glorious flag and rally around those whose job it was to ensure that nothing like 9/11 ever happened. Yet it did.
An accounting has yet to be made.

posted on Sep, 6 2002 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Good.

Although these kinds of missions (and missions quite similar to them) have probably been carried out for decades, I think it's the proper thing to do. Terrorists are simply scum.

posted on Sep, 6 2002 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
I don't see our government just going around and killing anybody they want.

How about JFK, RFK, MLK, Malcolm X and Fred Hampton?

posted on Sep, 6 2002 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Yep your right.

Since we were talking about terrorist's,they slipped my mind.

It won't happen again.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join