It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ecuador cuts Assange's communications after comments on social media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I am actually surprised this has not happened before. USA and other governments can put pressure on any country to the point of said country just giving up and thinking it is not worth the hassle or debate.

You have to wonder where this situation will go from here ?

QUITO (Reuters) - Ecuador has suspended WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange's communication system after he discussed on social media issues that could damage the country's diplomatic relations, the government said on Wednesday.

But a source close to WikiLeaks said that the Ecuadorean government had "placed electronic jammers inside the embassy on Tuesday night to prevent Mr. Assange from tweeting, and communicating over phone and internet generally."

newsletter.thaivisa.com...

Ecuador's President Lenin Moreno has described Assange as "a stone in our shoe" inherited from his predecessor and the government has said the situation is "unsustainable." In December, Ecuador granted Assange citizenship.

Even so he is afraid of exiting the Embassy as the U.K justice system thinks he is a little worm for avoiding the U.K.'s legal system..Not to mention there are those in the USA security business that got egg all over their lying faces who would love to spend some quality time with Assange, IMO. He is basically screwed unless something unforeseen happens....

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Trump seems to do what the majority of the public want..

I'm still hopeful Trump will allow Assange to return home

Afterall, Trump wont want an angry Assange against him

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   
R.I.P Julian.

You tried so hard to get the truth out...

Kindest and sincere respects

Lags

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
I am actually surprised this has not happened before.
newsletter.thaivisa.com...

It has actually happened once before, for a period in october 2016. I guess someone didn't like it much when Wikileaks revealed embarrassing stuff like the DNC colluding with the MSM or Donna Brazile giving HRC debate questions in advance... Or John "Skippy" Podesta writing emails about how Bernie Sanders should be crushed - and leakers "made an example" of... Or HRC's speech to Goldman Sachs getting published....

The 2016 cut off

But hey, I am sure the DNC and political circle around Clinton had NOTHING to do with silencing Julian Assange, nah. Must have been the Russians somehow, I have learned from CNN and other highly professional MSM "news" outlets and "journalists" that many, many things in this world are Russia's fault. Because... well, just because, apparantly, zero proof needed.

Anyway, Wikileaks is operational even though Julian Assange is silenced at the moment. Wikileaks has around 100 staff members around the world and things that are meant to be published, WILL be published. Sucks to be those who have a lot to hide.

edit on 29-3-2018 by MostlyReading because: reason...

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Trump should thank Assange for getting crooked Hillary's emails out!!
edit on CDTThuam41261 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: MostlyReading

I was actually going to point out the 2016 instance - well done

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
R.I.P Julian.

Lags

Julian Assange played a crucial role in getting Donald Trump elected President. For that, he should be knighted. If he quit "working" tomorrow, J.A. has already done his bit to save the world...plus some.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Well, I suppose while Assange is a guest in a diplomats house, he needs to abide by those rules. We all know this is a bit of an artificial ban as he's almost certainly got access to the ubiquitous Wi-Fi and 4G, thus avoiding the ban.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Well, I suppose while Assange is a guest in a diplomats house, he needs to abide by those rules. We all know this is a bit of an artificial ban as he's almost certainly got access to the ubiquitous Wi-Fi and 4G, thus avoiding the ban.

According to the article jammers have been placed. You can buy cheap jammers in the USA that will stop all wifi and mobile communications within a given distance depending on the power of the small jammer. Will they keep him jammed I do not know just thought it was interesting. I feel like others Assange should be given a medal and freedom for what crookedness he has exposed by so called governments which in reality are nothing but a form of a sick government mafia.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
R.I.P Julian.

Lags

Julian Assange played a crucial role in getting Donald Trump elected President. For that, he should be knighted. If he quit "working" tomorrow, J.A. has already done his bit to save the world...plus some.

I would like to agree with you mate!

Can you back that up with proof for the usual suspects please!?

They will cry and whinge otherwise...

Warmest respects

Lags
edit on 29-3-2018 by Lagomorphe because: Crap grammar

new topics

top topics

join