It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawsuit Over Trump’s Ties to His Businesses Is Allowed to Advance

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Fortunately it didn't stop Obama from being an effective leader either.

I wont go further into it here because it would be further off topic, but you and I must have wildly different ideas about what an effective leader is.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Wow, politics 401. All sides do it.

Blow smoke up people's ass to get elected then do what the folks with money amd influence tell you to do. Before reelection send some pork home. Rinse and repeat.

Even the left's messiah Obama caught doing it. After my election I have more flexibility.

The progressives generate so much smoke, it blinds the naive.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: sunShines
The case is good, but they can't sue Trump because back in January 19, 2017 he no longer owns any of his previous businesses. They were passed to his sons.

money.cnn.com...

This is probably why 1 of the 3 lawsuits was thrown out. Democrats dont care about facts. They will use this non existent violation until they can think up another lie to go after him for.

I will point it out again.. The left was perfectly ok with Clinton having ties to the money laundering Clinton foundation while she was secretary of state.
edit on 29-3-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I don't have the link in front of me at the moment, but I seem to remember that Obama made the bulk of his wealth from his book (and even still had his student loans partially unpaid until the proceeds from the book came in).

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Trump doesn't own a business and I would pay you a million dollars if you can prove otherwise.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I thought him losing $400mil in personal value last year proved he was a terrible businessman. Now hes enriching himself with emoluments.

The narrative changes when the wind blows

Please don't assert 'facts' without citations.

#45 said so, did he? And you believe him? ... or perhaps, a sycophant? Like I said Cultish behavior.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

The case is good, but they can't sue Trump because back in January 19, 2017 he no longer owns any of his previous businesses. They were passed to his sons.

money.cnn.com...

If you read the article, any of them, you would know he stills owns the property. He passed management to his son, but can at any time personally draw money from it's accounts.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Irishhaf

That didn't stop anyone from being criticle though did it.
Fortunately it didn't stop Obama from being an effective leader either.

Now this IS a red herring.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
Was there something in the ruling that limited to one specific hotel or hotels?

Read the articles. This suit is brought by the city of DC and the state of Maryland in reference to only one specific Trump property.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: timequake
a reply to: Sillyolme

His weekend trips to trump properties is paid for with your taxes. That money paid to trump properties goes right in trumps pocket.

Even if that were true, that isn't illegal nor is it unconstitutional. That isn't an emolument. If wasting tax payer money is one's concern, then this taxpayer funded lawsuit is a complete waste of money used for political attacks. That is essentially what this amounts to.

Please read the article for specific cause of action.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Trump doesn't own a business and I would pay you a million dollars if you can prove otherwise.

The you owe me a million dollars:

www.citizenvox.org...

But it's off topic.

edit on 29-3-2018 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

The you owe me a million dollars:

www.citizenvox.org...

But it's off topic.

That's not a reliable source.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

From wikipedia.

Trump presidency

Donald Trump relinquished his role as chairman and president of the Trump Organization after being elected as U.S. President. His two adult children and three others stayed on as key executives.[21]

On January 11, 2017, Trump announced that he and his daughter Ivanka would resign all roles within The Trump Organization, while his two oldest sons Donald Jr. and Eric would remain to run the various businesses along with existing Chief Financial Officer Allen Weisselberg.[22]

Trump retained his financial stake in the business, despite having offered during the campaign to put all his assets in a "blind trust" should he win the presidency.[23][24] His attorney at the time, Sheri Dillon, stated that Trump's assets would be overseen by an ethics officer, and that the Trump Organization will not pursue any new foreign business deals.[25]

Under the pre-inaugural management agreement, Forbes magazine reported in March 2017:

The Trump Organization has curtailed some of its international work, pulling out of deals in Azerbaijan, Georgia and Brazil, while pledging to do no new foreign deals (though it has apparently resurrected an old deal in the Dominican Republic). Trump’s international hotel licensing and management business only makes up $220 million of his estimated $3.5 billion fortune, but it’s the most dynamic part of the Trump portfolio—and it throws off chunks of cash with virtually no risk. As the Trumps have wound down some international deals, they continue to push forward with new domestic agreements.

Eric Trump, in the Forbes article, discussed the "clear separation of church and state that we maintain" between the business and his father and said that with his father's U.S. Presidency and related changes "[y]ou could look at it either way" in terms of business prospects. He also said that "he will continue to update his father on the business while he is in the presidency ... 'probably quarterly ... profitability reports and stuff like that'". The article quoted Larry Noble, general counsel of the nonpartisan Campaign Legal Center and a former chief ethics officer at the Federal Election Commission, and President George W. Bush’s former chief ethics lawyer, Richard Painter, as looking negatively at such multiple planned updates of President Trump per year.[26] Noble said in part "if he is now going to get reports from his son about the businesses, then he really isn’t separate in any real way” and Painter said in part "at the end of the day, he owns the business. He has the conflicts that come with it.”[26]

Also in March 2017, Forbes did a listing of all "36 mini-Trumps", as it termed the domestic and international partners—often described as "billionaires"—with whom The Trump Organization has worked over the years. Introducing the listing, the magazine reported that at least 14 of the partners attended the President's inauguration and some of them paid for $18,000-a-night accommodations at the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C. for the event.[27]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join