It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Want Racism? Reality in comedy........

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I found this recently, don't remember watching as a kid but OOOOHHHH! so many issues addressed open to the world on a nationwide stage. UK TV.

I HATE political correctness. The message of the day was FOR the "people" who had the nuts to think, not for the "masses" in the herd. Programmes like this inspired what people are still discussing today but in an open UNRESTRICTED way and from BOTH sides.

Listen to the comedy. Learn from the messages.

If you cannot laugh, go back to the cave.
edit on 28/3/2018 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

funny stuff.

Here's a more modern show that isn't pc.
This episode was all about how stripping can be a good way for a women to make money.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
blazing saddles.

the way life should be.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
blazing saddles.

the way life should be.

"Where tha white women at?"

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
1960s and 70s Monty Python for the win!

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Sanford and Son - based on your "Steptoe and Son"
This would never air on present day TV!

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

If you want rude, crude, politically incorrect and uncensored watch "Jim jefferis...bare "

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Check out my clip above. The carmicheal show talked about police killing blacks for sport as a joke a lot.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Media now has changed from entertainment to a form of ideological brainwashing for lack of a better term. It would be correct now to categorize entertainers as party operatives in many cases. The talking heads on news shows are nothing but political propagandists and most prime time fare in the US is hidden and not so hidden political messages.

People want it though, so that's what we get. They don't care a team of writers are injecting their propaganda in the shows they watch. We always get what we want, then complain after we realize it's bad for us. No demand, no shows. It's on the viewers first and foremost.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Media now has changed from entertainment to a form of ideological brainwashing for lack of a better term. It would be correct now to categorize entertainers as party operatives in many cases. The talking heads on news shows are nothing but political propagandists and most prime time fare in the US is hidden and not so hidden political messages.

People want it though, so that's what we get. They don't care a team of writers are injecting their propaganda in the shows they watch. We always get what we want, then complain after we realize it's bad for us. No demand, no shows. It's on the viewers first and foremost.

I rarely watch anything put out in the form of professional entertainement for the masses anymore. When it come to television I have unplugged. Last thing I watched was Vikings which was fantastic and free from any cultural conditioning I was aware of.

Other than that, I watch cooking videos and video games on YT.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I did find it interesting that the subject of racism was actually discussed in the show.

My point, I suppose, was that these days people are not even offered decent fuel for discussion these days on TV shows.

Haven't had one for 25 years now.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I haven't watched a late night show in 2 years. Not funny at all. It's all political sjw lefty echo chamber nonsense.
edit on 28-3-2018 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I hate rasism... but both sides are capable of it.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

great contribution to the thread!
show videos from what drove those blacks to that mentality.
and your 'both sides' comment becomes moot as soon as you show your agenda by showing video of one side and claim its on 'both' sides...

but back to topic...

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Here's a good one from Alf Garnett which shows how things either haven't changed enough or have come full circle. People still act like they're amazed when a Pakistani doesn't enjoy being called a 'Paki.' "WTF? Why can't I call black people 'n-word's?"

Back then all gays were "poofters" and black people were "'n-word's." Indians and Asians were all "Pakis" and anyone vaguely Chinese-looking were "ching chongs." There were hundreds of jokes about Jewish people and gas chambers. To be fair, I don't miss any of that at all. I do agree with you that everyday racism should still be on TV shows as long as it's realistic and not bringing back the stereotypes and name-calling from the 80s and earlier.

Do you follow any comedians? Bill Burr used to do a well funny bit about being on the subway while some black guy was calling people 'crackerass motherf******.' He was saying racism goes in all directions. Dave Chappelle is good on similar ground too.

Here's Burr's bit. It's 3 minutes and full of swearing so don't watch if offended by strong language.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

I HATE political correctness.

In a way too it is an inverted type of racism (dont know how to express it

better)

If you don't like or agree with anything you have the option to not watch

or listen or take part.

You have a choice?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

I HATE political correctness.

In a way too it is an inverted type of racism (dont know how to express it

better)

If you don't like or agree with anything you have the option to not watch or listen or take part.

You have a choice?

Obviously, but I can also choose to highlight things I feel are wrong.
edit on 29/3/2018 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

MY favourties for this are Chappelle , Ralphie May , and Bill Burr , Donald Glover is ok on racism as well

be real about racism , call it out , make fun of it.

As for the whole Paki thing, I never understood because pakistanis are called paki's really because pakistan means land of the pakis , as does afghanistan , land of the afghans , calling a pakistani a paki , whilst is considered non pc or ultimately racist !
but is entirely factual to do so !
the same as you would call a scotsman a Scot ! Scotland , land of the Scots. Not sure how it ever picked up the negative aspect

This is ralphie may on political correctness

edit on 29-3-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3.30.2018 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Obviously, but I can also choose to highlight things I feel are wrong.

I dont think you quite got the gist of my post.... I'm with you I too HATE pc.

For instance I dont have instances when I need to use the term 'paki' and I

dont because of pc However it was a word used years ago without offence,

being short for Pakistani, and the Irish get called paddy for short, the Scots

Jocks, the Australians Ausies, and so it goes on....

Most of us from infant school have shortened the names of fellow pupils or

given them nicknames such as ginger, or shorty, or lanky?

So for me, I would like to know WHO decides why and which ANY of the short

forms are offensive, surely it is more in the delivery than the word itself

Who is the **jobsworth** that decides these things.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Paki was only ever offensive in Scotland when the Suffix "bastard" was added

In fact in Scotland during my years in school it was almost tradition to rip the piss out of your friends , class mates and even yourself so that you would "toughen up" , and it damn sure made me able to take tonnes of abuse
no one gets my heckels up because ive heard every insult under the sun thrown at me since primary school from my friends and class mates! So its like ive heard everything nothing new to annoy me!

If someone calls me a jock , im like really is that the best you have got ? My own grandmother has called me worse names!
In fact I dont even find that offensive in the slightest , and im pretty sure if you done a survey youd be hard pressed to find one scots person who found it offensive

I mean my friends called me mogli , because I have darker skin , which then got changed to abdul , and then just dool
I was even called a paki bastard by some old man for playing near the senotaph war memorial from WW2 , even though my grandfathers name is on it !

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join