It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Hogg evading Debate challenge from fellow Parkland student

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Scientists are not the sum total of the people who get degrees in the sciences.

My experience varies significantly. That said...i gave a reasonable disclaimer that should stave off too much teeth gnashing.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Boss Hogg is a tool of Soros and the elites. I am sure he is going to be set up with cushy jobs for life thanks to his willingness to sell his soul to the liberal narrative. I hope he rots in hell along with his puppet masters.

Or killed. He gets constant death threats as does Stormy.

www.newsweek.com...
edit on 28-3-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I was looking last night for Hogg meme videos on youtube, which I only found two, but I did notice he called Alex Jones out to debate him, and then when AJ agreed he chickened out. If he cant even handle a teenie classmate that AJ debate would have been an epic train wreck.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Of course he is. That's what spineless little twerps do. He'll go far in this once great nation.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Based on my experiences, I know quite a few electrical and mechanical engineers that are quite conservative. I also know quite a few people in cyber security roles that are also quite conservative. Obviously this does not apply to everyone, just my experience though.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

What's wrong with exercising mine to disagree with a hack?

or we getting into moral superiority?

link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Yeah guess he better keep to calling Senpai THiCC from a distance.

link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
I gotta say, I find the fear and hatred a bunch of high school students can engender among adults on the right by merely expressing their opinions to be pretty sad.

I mean Jesus, just ignore them if they're causing you so much mental anguish — it's not like they hold office. They're not passing legislation, they're not setting policy, they're just saying things that you don't like. Give it a couple months without a school shooting and they'll be forgotten.

Fair enough.

Then again I find liberals going out of their minds about rifles when they only account for approx 400 deaths per year, ust as disturbing. Likewise, being at the ready to exploit dead kids for political gain. Likewise, socially engineering millions of kids into liberal ideology not unlike Hitler's Youth, is some sick snip. Especially when only 10-20 schools out of over 100,000 per year see a gun attack (I'm shocked its only that many in this sick, sick society). And how your beloved MSM help drive the pattern of copycat shooters in their methods of reporting each event.

But we definitely gotta focus on how the "right" (AKA everyone against all that kind of BS) bitches about all that.

What do you propose we do to stop them?

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I have no problem talking about guns. But that conversations needs to be had from the standpoint that its an enshrined Constitutional right. You can't expect the population to support giving up any right (including 2A, including "bits and pieces") nor can you express anger toward said population from defending their rights.

Discuss it all you want, but the real problem isn't guns or access to guns. We have at least a million times more firearms than the UK. Our murder rate is not 1,000,000 times greater than theirs. The problem is gangs, a degenerate and amoral culture and a host of other things. Guns being the very far last item. Simply because there are plenty of other weapons (including ad hoc weapons) available to criminals. They have no problem stealing, building, smuggling or otherwise illegally acquiring them. The law hasn't stopped them yet, nor will it in the future.

So what part of that last paragraph tells you I'd be willing to consider giving up any firearm/gun right? Why give something up that is enshrined? Especially when it won't solve diddly squat.

The UK may have a gun ban, but that doesn't stop the killings in London; 15,000 knife crimes in one year, leading to 4000 people being hospitalized and 80 killed. In one week, 9 people were killed.

www.murdermap.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

GAHHHHHH!!!!

I don't want Kyle Kashuv to debate him.

I'd rather debate him! What if Kyle intentionally Fs it up??? I don't want David Effing Hogg winning any debate regarding the Second Amendment because that will be exploited to an extreme by the major media.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

Based on my experiences, I know quite a few electrical and mechanical engineers that are quite conservative. I also know quite a few people in cyber security roles that are also quite conservative. Obviously this does not apply to everyone, just my experience though.

The real issue, I think, is that "conservative" used to (and to a lot of folks still does) refer to fiscal policy and not social policy. FOr the most part, conservatives don't care too much about social policy (until it overlaps fiscal policy). But they can be whipped into a frenzy like any group of people, and made to care when they otherwise would never even think about it.

Liberal has blurs as more liberal social policies usually mean more liberal fiscal policies.

But for conservatives, most are stuck in a party that is representing social values and not fiscal values. These are the conservatives that are more likely to be STEM graduates. Although not always, as said earlier.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
Do you feel big and manly now? Do you realize you just wished a kid rots in hell????? Talk about being a snowflake and you fit the bill. Pretty messed up man.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
Fellow Parkland student Kyle Kashuv has challenged David Hogg to debate the merits of his statements surrounding the Second Amendment. Kashuv has repeatedly extended the debate challenge to Hogg several times in recent weeks, to which Hogg has responded only with brief deflection and delay.

Frankly, it appears Hogg is running scared from intelligent opposition and any voice outside his echo chamber. This isn't the first time he's ducked and dodged a debate, either. Several weeks after the Parkland incident, Hogg also cowered away from debating the merits of his campaign with Alex Jones, a pro-2A journalist.

I find this particularly odd, since Hogg spent so much hot-air droning on about how his "debate program" prepared him for his campaign. I find it amusing because he's avoided any actual debate whatsoever, instead taking talking points from CNN and openly accepting help from far-left anti-gun organizations like "Moms demand action" and "Everytown for gun safety" among other unpopular far-left causes.

www.miamiherald.com... - The MSM story where Hogg drones on about his "debate experience"

Again, I find Hogg's claim of debate experience highly dubious. If not because he's taken to the Hitler-esque style of dictat vs. a true scholarly debate of the issues. If anything, it really puts Hogg's dishonesty on display for all to see.

Personally I couldn't care less about Hogg. My opinion of him is he couldn't debate much of anything really. He recites speeches...he is too young to have any real knowledge or experience of anything to do with guns though he was at the school when the shooting happened, but that is really the extent of his experience as far as I can tell.

There is no depth there, but watching 2 teenagers debate based on both their limited knowledge and experience would be fun to watch.

Hogg is a posterboi....that's all he will be and he will be used until he's no longer helpful or the narrative shifts back to some other topic. The only 2 topics I have seen lately from the liberal side are gun control and immigration....and I'm pretty sure he has nothing to say on immigration. He's a one trick pony.
edit on 3/28/18 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: theantediluvian
I gotta say, I find the fear and hatred a bunch of high school students can engender among adults on the right by merely expressing their opinions to be pretty sad.

I mean Jesus, just ignore them if they're causing you so much mental anguish — it's not like they hold office. They're not passing legislation, they're not setting policy, they're just saying things that you don't like. Give it a couple months without a school shooting and they'll be forgotten.

Fair enough.

Then again I find liberals going out of their minds about rifles when they only account for approx 400 deaths per year, ust as disturbing. Likewise, being at the ready to exploit dead kids for political gain. Likewise, socially engineering millions of kids into liberal ideology not unlike Hitler's Youth, is some sick snip. Especially when only 10-20 schools out of over 100,000 per year see a gun attack (I'm shocked its only that many in this sick, sick society). And how your beloved MSM help drive the pattern of copycat shooters in their methods of reporting each event.

But we definitely gotta focus on how the "right" (AKA everyone against all that kind of BS) bitches about all that.

What do you propose we do to stop them?

The liberals do the same in the UK. It's the same liberals who supported the raiding of private pension schemes in the name of "wealth redistribution" and "skimming off pension fund surpluses" in the name of equality. The same ones that merge and close schools leading to overcrowding while they send their children to exclusive schools. The sames ones which have panic rooms, 24-hour armed security and emergency buttons. I genuinely thing they are scared of a revolution.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: Metallicus
Do you feel big and manly now? Do you realize you just wished a kid rots in hell????? Talk about being a snowflake and you fit the bill. Pretty messed up man.

You don't get to insult Americans in the public arena and still hide behind your childhood. Hogg has said some rather insulting things about people in very broad terms (meaning he's insulting everyone indiscriminately), and chosen to enter the political debate as a public figure. Let him be a warrior now that he chose to don the armor.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

What this person doesn't understand is that there is a personal responsibly that comes with exercising any rights.

He has failed on a multitude of levels.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I agree with you 100% What I don’t agree with is damning a kid to hell. What Metallicus said was wrong.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I understand and share your disappointment and even disgust, but what we need to keep in mind is that this is an ordinary teen put into an extraordinary position, and that position is being exploited and manipulated by adults for a political agenda. I won't even call it a partisan agenda, because I think there is far more middle ground than this particular agenda wants us to believe. First, folks on the left support 2nd amendment rights as well as the right. And folks on the right support reasonable precautions and restrictions as well as the left. So there is much room for discussion and debate and solutions. But not within this agenda...

Which is why they cannot afford to let him debate. That would publicly acknowledge there is more to it than they want us to believe. Why every effort is being made to pretend these kids are speaking for everyone -- even the dead. That their cause is the only just and noble cause.

Teenagers are not known for their wisdom and thoughtfulness for good reason. And we have no idea what kind of nonsense he's being told... what kind of promises are being made... or veiled threats of one kind or another... We have to squarely place all blame and responsibility where it belongs: on the adults who are knowingly and willfully and shamelessly exploiting these kids and putting them in such positions.

And I do think it was a little much for Alex Jones to challenge a kid to a debate. Having said that, a debate with a peer is perfectly appropriate.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Im not going to get the broad brush out here...but there is something to be said about the primary mental differences between the 2 political beliefs we have in the US. One side tends to think rationally, succeeds in STEM programs, and approaches the world is a convservative social and fiscal manner. The other side thinks more with the gut (truthyness) and emotion, succeeds more in the arts than sciences, and approaches the world with a more liberal viewpoint.

I don't believe a word of it. My own daughter would be considered liberal. She has a degree in environmental science and finishing up another in accounting, and I haven't been able to win an argument with her since she was 14. It's not at all about politics.

To claim that liberals think emotionally and conservatives logically is laughable. There are VERY!!! emotional conservatives and plenty of logical liberals. To try to claim politics in this regarded is ridiculous. I think many people see their own opinions as very logical and fail to see the logic in opinions of people who disagree with them. That is one of the reasons discussions across belief systems is so hard. If you don't value another's opinions your not communicating honestly.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Metallicus
Boss Hogg is a tool of Soros and the elites. I am sure he is going to be set up with cushy jobs for life thanks to his willingness to sell his soul to the liberal narrative. I hope he rots in hell along with his puppet masters.

Or killed. He gets constant death threats as does Stormy.

www.newsweek.com...

As does Dana Loesch. And her kids. From people who profess to abhor violence.

Pretty much every public figure gets death threats.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join