It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google defeats lawsuit claiming YouTube censors conservatives

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That isn't the question I asked.

The question was too stupid for my liking.

Still dodging the question I see, and the question has a point when it comes to restricting rights versus banning them.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Still dodging the question I see, and the question has a point when it comes to restricting rights versus banning them.

I wouldn't mind hearing your point.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You make it sound like you believe that the judge made the wrong call in this case. In which case, yes you are advocating for the government to strip YouTube of their 1st Amendment rights.

No, you make it sound like I believe that. I never mentioned a judge, the government, nor the first amendment.

But you do a STELLAR job of telling other people what they believe as you've done throughout the thread. Seems like turnabout is fair game to me.

Your oily defence of a massive multi-national corporation’s censoring of someone’s free speech proves none of this is about principle, and we can put free speech in the growing pile of things you do not believe in.

Youtube not only blocks videos they make it so creators can't make money. They're in serious denial about the liberal media machine.

Krazy said that Google isn't a search engine monopoly like any rational person would choose something else.

Why would they agree the media is bias when it feeds their own ideology. I don't think conservatives would give up that power if the roles were reversed either.

Denial that's all we see here and censorship from Uber powerful corporations

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I wouldn't mind hearing your point.

Answer my question first. Why should I acquiesce to your requests if you can't be bothered to fulfill mine?

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

a reply to: introvert

What does that have to do with what I said?

I pointed out that the constitution itself places age restrictions on certain activities. Were the founding fathers against freedom?

Also, there are laws in all states about the age children must be to engage in certain activities. Is that an encroachment on their freedoms, or an encroachment on the freedom of those that wish to, for example, marry a young child?

Considering your argument, it appears you need to be worried about the company you keep.

Why do you keep bringing up the age of children and child marriage? Is this the first thing that comes to mind?

Did you not read my earlier post? The argument you are making is similar to that made by those that argue age restrictions on marriage is an encroachment on their freedoms.

I see you keep twisting and avoiding multiple questions, even being illogical to the point of answering questions with questions, so I do not expect you to address the point I made. You even tried to turn it back on to me, but the attempt is pathetic and laughable.

You painted yourself in to a corner and you lack the honesty and integrity to admit that your position and arguments are illogical.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
Krazy said that Google isn't a search engine monopoly like any rational person would choose something else.

So people mostly choosing one product out of many makes that product a monopoly? Since when was THAT the case? Plus, clearly people are using the other search engines because they aren't out of business. Yahoo still exists and it predates Google.

Man this was QUITE a reach you are making here.
edit on 28-3-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Perhaps the true purpose of the lawsuit was to prove in court that YouTube and Google does in fact censor conservative views that they don't agree with. Nobody expected them to change, but now it's irrefutable.

That wasn't proven though. It WAS proven that Google and Youtube will censor sites, but at no point was it established that the reasons are purely political in nature and that they are anti-conservative as well.

You have liberal you tube armies flag videos and YouTube demontizes them so they can't make money off certain videos. You tube also hired tons of moderators and algorithms that make it so you don't see certain creators to save us from their fake news. 1984 where everyone gets one narrative from thealmighty Google.

If you support this crap go cash your soro's check

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I'll use Bing at work from now on and dust off my old yahoo account from high-school

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

You brought up child marriage and tried to tie me to it. Excuse me if I suspect your assessment regarding honesty and integrity is entirely fake.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

If the video isn't violating YouTube's T&Cs the content creator can protest the strike.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

You have liberal you tube armies flag videos and YouTube demontizes them so they can't make money off certain videos. You tube also hired tons of moderators and algorithms that make it so you don't see certain creators to save us from their fake news. 1984 where everyone gets one narrative from thealmighty Google.

You say that like that aren't also armies of conservative groups that go around manipulating, trolling, or harassing liberals/liberal sites for their own agendas.

Though if you don't like Youtube, you are free to stop using it. No one is forcing you to use it. Though I imagine it'll be tough to be a conspiracy theorist going forward since that seems to be the chief repository used to "prove" wacko fringe theories (kind of like the one you just made in this post).

If you support this crap go cash your soro's check

I'm still waiting for these Soros checks I'm supposed to get for being a liberal. Do me a favor and tell Soros to hop to it since you seem to know his behaviors and spending habits so well.

link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You're the one claiming that age restrictions are a violation of free speech.

link   

I'll use Bing at work from now on and dust off my old yahoo account from high-school

You do that.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

You're the one claiming that age restrictions are a violation of free speech.

I thought we were talking about ratings on music and other contents. Is that not true?

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Hmm youtube doesn't censor right-wing view points?

Explain why they go to great links to remove likes/dislikes and comments from videos that don't adhere to leftist views then?

Example:

www.youtube.com.../watch%3Fv%3DBRi-UouACL8
edit on 28-3-2018 by SKEPTEK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Answer my question first. Why should I acquiesce to your requests if you can't be bothered to fulfill mine?

The answer is no.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

You brought up child marriage and tried to tie me to it. Excuse me if I suspect your assessment regarding honesty and integrity is entirely fake.

I did not try to tie you to child marriage. I tied you to the same illogical argument child marriage proponents make. If you do not like the connection you have, find a better argument.

I also mentioned the constitution and age restrictions it itself sets.

Of course...you do not address that and only focus on the other example as a means to deflect.

Excuse me if I suspect your assessment regarding honesty and integrity is entirely fake.

My assessment, whether you agree with it or not, is real. Not fake. Not sure why you would say such a thing.

Regardless, you still have not been able to justify your illogical argument and have been given examples in which the very same argument fails basic logic.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

The answer is no.

Which is also what happens when you apply a restriction to something as opposed to a ban. Restrictions are the same as removing a percentage of a whole, but at no point will a restriction become a ban. Now armed with this information a realistic person would see this creates room for nuance to adjust even rights so that society runs smoother. An example of this is allowing corporations or private individuals to dictate speech policy in their own properties.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian
Have you watched the insanity that is the Young Turks? The fact every one of their opinion pieces remain monetized yet every video by Tim Pool and Steven Crowder gets demonetized is testament to this censoring. Open your eyes man...

Funny because anyone who spends any time on youtube knows you and the article sourced are absolutely full of ****. Youtube is and has been censoring people. As a private company they have that right. What upsets me is the fact you leftist deny it's actually happening.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I did not try to tie you to child marriage. I tied you to the same illogical argument child marriage proponents make. If you do not like the connection you have, find a better argument. 

I also mentioned the constitution and age restrictions it itself sets. 

Of course...you do not address that and only focus on the other example as a means to deflect. 

You brought up child marriage, the constitution, none of which has anything to do with what I said nor the topic. And your logic is not logic, despite your pretence.

Excuse me if I suspect your assessment regarding honesty and integrity is entirely fake. 

My assessment, whether you agree with it or not, is real. Not fake. Not sure why you would say such a thing. 

Regardless, you still have not been able to justify your illogical argument and have been given examples in which the very same argument fails basic logic.

It’s fake because it is done in bad faith and full of fallacy.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join