It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every U.S. Census since 1850 Asked About Citizenship Status Until OBAMA Removed That Question.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: bender151

As someone who was a Case Manager, determining eligibility for these benefits, I can tell you have no idea what you're talking about. But I'm sure you were just about to post a source to your claim.

I know a few that do get some form of government benefits. They use false identites or have their children set up to recieve benefits from which they are allowed to include famiilies.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=23267818]CharlesT[/p

Most census forms are now mailed out and returned by mail. Illegals will simply do as I once did, toss it in the trash. No one is going to follow up. If the information is not voluntarily given it doesn't get reported.

That is the issue. The fear that many blue state officials have is that they won't take the survey, therefore deflating the numbers for their respective states. As a result it will shrink the number of state representatives in congress and reduce the money received from the federal government.
edit on 28-3-2018 by timequake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: timequake
a reply to: [post=23267818]CharlesT[/p

Most census forms are now mailed out and returned by mail. Illegals will simply do as I once did, toss it in the trash. No one is going to follow up. If the information is not voluntarily given it doesn't get reported.

That is the issue. The fear that many blue state officials have is that they won't take the survey, therefore deflating the numbers for their respective states. As a result it will shrink the number of state representatives in congress and reduce the money received from the federal government.

Imagine that.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah, about that. I get where you are coming from. But... you actually fill out that intrusive as all hell census form and give your entire family's info to the government? I had to kick those people off my property several times because they would not take "no" for an answer. I literally had to threaten them with the double barrels to get them to go away. I don't care what questions are on the form. I will NOT fill it out.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
www.npr.org...

Sarah was wrong .

I remember it did have a citizenship question at one time. Even checked it.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Where's the former case manager with all his knowledge??? Gone??... ya don't say...

Tick Tock!

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: bender151

Yeah well they CAN file for the federal EIC so they are still taking taxpayer dollars either way...

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
deleted
edit on 28-3-2018 by qwertie because: misread OP

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DogStarIn1066

originally posted by: carewemust
March 27, 2018

There's a lot of whining from certain individuals, groups, and anti-American factions of the U.S. media, because the 2020 U.S. Census WILL ask about Citizenship-Immigration status.

What they don't tell you, is that the Citizenship question has been a part of EVERY U.S. CENSUS from 1850 to 2000. The Barack Hussein Obama administration REMOVED this question from the 2010 census. (fyi.. The U.S. population count/census is taken every 10 years.)

What about eVerify?

Why not use it to stop illegals from working?
edit on Tue Mar 27 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote Quote Crash Course

E Verify is only for citizens to prove they are..

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
No, they stopped asking that question back in 1950.

Try again.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Oh good thing the added it back! Now all of the zero illegal immigrants who are here and actually fill out the form can be honest about it....

Stupidity knows no bounds.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
In case anyone cares about the actual facts, the pre-2010 (back to 1960) census forms only included citizenship questions on the long-form census questionnaire. The short form questionnaire did not included citizenship questions. Five out of six households get the short form questionnaire. Example:

2000 Short form (no citizenship question):
www.census.gov...

2000 Long form (includes citizenship question)
www.census.gov...

In 2010, the long form questionnaire was replaced by the American Community Survey (ACS), which is also administered by the Census Bureau. The ACS is conducted every year now. But the 2010 ACS also included a citizenship question, just like previous years long form census questionnaires. Similarly, only a small fraction of households get the ACS questionnaire mailed to them. Example:

2010 Census short form (no citizenship question):
www.census.gov...

2010 American Community Survey (includes citizenship question):
www2.census.gov...

What is unusual about the 2020 census is that every household will be asked the citizenship question. The last time that was done was 1950.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: bender151

originally posted by: DogStarIn1066

March 27, 2018

There's a lot of whining from certain individuals, groups, and anti-American factions of the U.S. media, because the 2020 U.S. Census WILL ask about Citizenship-Immigration status.

What they don't tell you, is that the Citizenship question has been a part of EVERY U.S. CENSUS from 1850 to 2000. The Barack Hussein Obama administration REMOVED this question from the 2010 census. (fyi.. The U.S. population count/census is taken every 10 years.)

What is striking in the 2010 census form is the lack of citizenship or birthplace question.

It appears that this is the first census to omit this inquiry. Question 13 of the 2000 census form specifically asked the following.:
Is this person a CITIZEN of the United States?
-Yes, born in the United States—>Skip to 15a
-Yes, born in Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, or Northern Marianas
-Yes, born abroad of American parent or parents
-Yes, a U.S. citizen by naturalization
-No, not a citizen of the United States

The 2010 Census website explains the issue, but fails to answer why the form changed suddenly this year. While it may be Constitutional to count every person living in the United States, it should not preclude the Census Bureau from knowing what is the legal status of those living in the country.
SOURCE - From January 11, 2010: www.washingtontimes.com...

Just like today, the media was extremely liberal in 2010. They didn't report the sudden removal of the Citizenship question from the 2010 Census, because they knew why the Obama Administration did it. More Democratic voters, and potentially more taxpayer dollars to Blue states, like California. In addition, the Obama Administration could not be held accountable for allowing many millions of law-breaking non-citizens to enter and live in the United States, if Congress had no idea how many were here, and where they were living.

The Obama Administration thought Americans were too stupid to know they were being screwed by ObamaCare, and too dumb to understand the significance of removing the citizenship question from the 2010 U.S. census. To Obama's dismay, Americans proved him wrong, and voted most Democrats out of office, all over the country, from 2010 thru 2016.

Thanks to the Donald Trump Administration, the 2020 U.S. Census will return to tradition, and ask about citizenship, like it did from 1850 to 2000.

-CareWeMust

What about eVerify?

Why not use it to stop illegals from working?

Somehow, they're able to get Government benefits like food stamps and insurance. If illegals can pilfer the government, that means employers aren't being monitored too closely.

As someone who was a Case Manager, determining eligibility for these benefits, I can tell you have no idea what you're talking about. But I'm sure you were just about to post a source to your claim.

And as someone that's lived in the neighborhoods, I can tell you just as confidently that they do commit fraud to gain these benefits in many cases.

I wonder which of us has the greater authority to fallaciously wield.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Illegal or not every person should count . Why well taxes how many schools are needed how many new roads that sort of thigng .
Kind of hard to make any plan when 5 million heads fail to be counted .

On gun buy backs even hardened crimials get a free pass ( this helps get guns off the streets )
so giving illegals a pass on the census is logical .
Heck you can always arreset them later

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
There is no doubt about it. This has been on the Census for hundreds of years. Not until these "PC" "SJW" windbags came around was it ever a problem.

Clearly undocumented immigrants who can't vote have no reason to be factored into a State's allotted electors.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

I think there are far larger things to worry about than arresting/deporting every illegal immigrant. Prioritizing those convicted of serious crimes is IMHO the most effective way forward.

That being said, since the Census data is used to draw voting districts and allocate State's electors it seems reasonable. Since undocumented immigrants cannot vote, they really have no business being considered in the entire electoral process. This doesn't just include voting.

Wouldn't otherwise this be allowing a foreign interest to influence our domestic election? Isn't this exactly what the far-left has been in hysterics over RE: Russia's alleged influence? Only the alleged Russia "meddling" was on a *much* smaller scale. We're talking millions here illegally. It is important to be internally consistent, especially when discussing matters of significant national importance.
edit on 3/28/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
At some point even liberals will have to ask themselves why Democrats are against every single route to identify illegal aliens and make it harder for them to vote.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

They are up in arms over a handful of Russian trolls saying nasty things about their precious Hillary, yet ignore millions of foreign nationals that they openly support having an influence/impact on our election/electoral process

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
The joke is tired man.

Says the narcoleptic.

And then you're supposed to say "The people in my basement don't think it's a joke."

Do you at least take them to the polls on voting day?

edit on 28-3-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I thought about reporting my wife as an illegal alien just to see what happens.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join