It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conflict with Iran??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Forgive me for sounding thick, but if (i mean when) the US/UK attacks Iran, which of the middle eastern countries will back us up other than Israel.
Iran developing nukes must be a threat to plenty of countries over there, so which ones will stand by us and stop them???

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   
UK wants nothing to do with Iran, we cannot afford another war. UK released a report stating that we will not support the US in military action, probably due to the threat of nuclear weapons. Probably with turning your attention to Iran and Syria, is North Korea is left unwatched and they will attack America when they develope the reaching missiles.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Does China get on with NK?

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee
Does China get on with NK?

both communists nations, but China doesn't want North Korea to be a nuclear power cause it will trouble the area.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   
There wont be a war with Iran Bush is working on the flawed theroy that a stable democratic Iraq will spread democracy thou out the middle east.
Putting Iraq to one side I think the USA might use the likes of the CIA to overthrow the current regime not a very smart idea and given that the CIA coundnt overthrow Saddam how will they overthrow the current regime in Iran?

The best way for Iran to avoid invasion is to supply the insurgents in Iraq with money and arms and given the bungled post war occupation they will tie down large numbers of US troops.

I think the US would have a hard time convinening Australia to take part in military action against Iran little alone any other allies.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   
So if US attacks Iran leaving NK free to attack US, US agrees to stand by while China take Taiwan on the condition that China holds back NK???

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee
Forgive me for sounding thick, but if (i mean when) the US/UK attacks Iran, which of the middle eastern countries will back us up other than Israel.
Iran developing nukes must be a threat to plenty of countries over there, so which ones will stand by us and stop them???

I believe that no help from ANY European country will be given and rightly so too. No middle east countries will give support either. I say again that many are not aware of the strong relationship developing between Iran and the Afgans too.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   
If there is a war with North korea, China will not be involved. China has the power to flex its power over North korea, China can threaten to stop economic support.

Best thing to do with Iran, is send in SPEC-OPs to destory the nuclear plant and other military targets. A full scale war would probably set the whole middle east on fire and with America's back turned, North Korea would attack.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
we are going to have to fight this one on our own the USA and UK arent going to rally support unless a nuke is blown this time because their credibility is that shot.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
So bud, but the UK isn't supporting you guys this time. It would cost too much and result in more damage for the government. Plus Tony Blair is now campaign for the up coming election.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
So bud, but the UK isn't supporting you guys this time. It would cost too much and result in more damage for the government. Plus Tony Blair is now campaign for the up coming election.

Well atleast I hope you are right, I live here in the USA and even I hope they dont support this in the UK as well.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
Well atleast I hope you are right, I live here in the USA and even I hope they dont support this in the UK as well.

We are not going to

Report was published by Jack Straw and he said we are not going to war because our economy could not afford to

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
you actually think that North Korea; a backwards economically and technologically nation
would attack the USA "when we have our back turned dealing with iran"

seriously
that is impossible
it makes no sense
plus its rediculous

North korea would not, could not, attack USA
north korea, may however, attack south korea and japan

but north korea has no means to attack USA
youve got to be kidding

no one with a ounce of knowledge of current world politics could seriously entertain the notion that North Korea #1 will attack USA, and #2 would cause any serious damage to USA

give me a break peeps

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
has no means to attack USA

Although it is more likely that South Korea or Japan but North Korea already has developed nukes, so why can they not develope the technology to send them to California?

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
We're not going to support an attack on Iran on paper.

If the war were to spiral wider engulfing the wider middle east then we would be on board. We'd have to be under Article 5 NATO charter.

The Parties agree that an armed attack against one or more of them in Europe or North America shall be considered an attack against them all and consequently they agree that, if such an armed attack occurs, each of them, in exercise of the right of individual or collective self-defence recognised by Article 51 of the Charter of the United Nations, will assist the Party or Parties so attacked by taking forthwith, individually and in concert with the other Parties, such action as it deems necessary, including the use of armed force, to restore and maintain the security of the North Atlantic area.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by slink

Originally posted by muzzleflash
has no means to attack USA

Although it is more likely that South Korea or Japan but North Korea already has developed nukes, so why can they not develope the technology to send them to California?

Are you kidding?....Do you think any of North Korea's neighbors would allow NK to send a nuke at the US? Not, unless they want a large radioactive lake in the middle of ASIA. Kimmy of NK seems crazy, but he is actually a pretty smart man and would not think of nuking the US. The reprocussions would mean the complete wide out of his country from US retaliation. China would not back them, as the US is much more important to China than NK is.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr CarburetorAre you kidding?....Do you think any of North Korea's neighbors would allow NK to send a nuke at the US? Not, unless they want a large radioactive lake in the middle of ASIA. Kimmy of NK seems crazy, but he is actually a pretty smart man and would not think of nuking the US. The reprocussions would mean the complete wide out of his country from US retaliation. China would not back them, as the US is much more important to China than NK is.

North Korea is a soveign state. They can do what they want. There's no guarentee that North Korea will never send a nuclear missile to the U.S. Keep reassuring yourself though. Currently, North Korea is a greater threat to American security than Iran.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by slink

Originally posted by Mr CarburetorAre you kidding?....Do you think any of North Korea's neighbors would allow NK to send a nuke at the US? Not, unless they want a large radioactive lake in the middle of ASIA. Kimmy of NK seems crazy, but he is actually a pretty smart man and would not think of nuking the US. The reprocussions would mean the complete wide out of his country from US retaliation. China would not back them, as the US is much more important to China than NK is.

North Korea is a soveign state. They can do what they want. There's no guarentee that North Korea will never send a nuclear missile to the U.S. Keep reassuring yourself though. Currently, North Korea is a greater threat to American security than Iran.

Slink please don't be affended. As my post was not intended to reassure myself. I agree with you that NK is a bigger threat than Iran. There is no guarantee about anything, however i think every government involved thinks its highly unlikely that NK will directly nuke the US. This is my point. It would get NK nowhere other than to get massive nuklear retaliation from the US. China doesn't want this, Japan doesn't want this, and in reallity North Korea doesn't want this. Thats all my point was to show. You are curtainly correct in stating that ther is no guarantee and i respect that.

[edit on 17-2-2005 by Mr Carburetor]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I am just sick, but totally not surprised at the sheer agression America protrays. I am in contact with an FBI agent out here, and he is so brainwashed. He thinks Bin Laden is the cause! Anyway, I was reading this about Iran, which conspiracry theorists have predicted for some time. They are threatening nuclear attack if America attacks. Not sure if that is just propaganda, and I am sorry to you Americans, but you guys should evacuate, and let them destroy all the bastards in Washington.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Well if Iran launched nukes at USA, the USA would obliterate Iran into a big pile of melted glass and radiation, and maybe just maybe USA has secret technology based systems to shoot ICBM's down that no one knows about?? maybe the missile defence shileds a front for a lazer defence shield, emp, electromagnetic guns etc etc all could be up and running this very moment. Just imagine USA or Israel did attack Iran nuke plant, and Iran launched a icbm at Israel or USa or Both, and they were shot down by secret unknown technology defence systems, Iran would be in for it lol.....

Then again maybe they dont exist and it would mean hello WW3 bye bye life as we know it.......

[edit on 17-2-2005 by blobby]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join