It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hiding in Plain Sight, new human organ discovered..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
i love stuff like this, despite us thinking we know it all, there's ALWAYS more to be found!

www.independent.co.uk...

Layers long thought to be dense, connective tissue are actually a series of fluid-filled compartments researchers have termed the “interstitium”. These compartments are found beneath the skin, as well as lining the gut, lungs, blood vessels and muscles, and join together to form a network supported by a mesh of strong, flexible proteins. New analysis published in the journal Scientific Reports is the first to identify these spaces collectively as a new organ and try to understand their function.

I hope it does lead to a better understanding of cancer (other than the obvious of processed food causing pretty much most of our ailments)... my best friend has cancer, anything that advances our understanding and potential conquest must be a good thing

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyteeny

This is interesting.. the microscopic photos of it are impressive.

To me, it's especially surprising that we hadn't discovered this "organ" sooner.

I guess it's kind of like the ocean, in that so much has still been left undiscovered.

Wonder what we will find next (no, this will NOT be the last discovery of a new "organ" in the human body)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Didnt they find a new organ in the digestive system at the beginning of 2017, is this the same organ or a different one?

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moohide
Didnt they find a new organ in the digestive system at the beginning of 2017, is this the same organ or a different one?

We got new organs showing up all over the place! It's like the Mandela Effect, except that it has to do with new organs.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyteeny
i love stuff like this, despite us thinking we know it all, there's ALWAYS more to be found!

www.independent.co.uk...

Layers long thought to be dense, connective tissue are actually a series of fluid-filled compartments researchers have termed the “interstitium”. These compartments are found beneath the skin, as well as lining the gut, lungs, blood vessels and muscles, and join together to form a network supported by a mesh of strong, flexible proteins. New analysis published in the journal Scientific Reports is the first to identify these spaces collectively as a new organ and try to understand their function.

I hope it does lead to a better understanding of cancer (other than the obvious of processed food causing pretty much most of our ailments)... my best friend has cancer, anything that advances our understanding and potential conquest must be a good thing

So, they more than think this is a carrier for cancer cells to spread, and possibly be able work out how to stop that, perhaps with some already used methods in a refined use. While the term used is not new, the purpose seems to be.
Let's all hope this is the way...a real breakthrough then.

edit on 27-3-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Fascinating. Humans have this tendency to believe that we "Have a good bead on things". And I suppose it's true on a somewhat limited scale, at least in the tiny bubble of existence that would seem to define us as a species.

SO much we don't yet understand. About anything.

Nice find.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
So thats 2 new organs in 2 years! The Mesentery in Jan 2017 and now the Interstitium. Hopefully this will lead to more treatments for various illnesses.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
My interstitium itches.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
It's more of a change in the definition of what "organ" means than anything. It's like the IAU demoting Pluto from a full-fledged planet to a "Dwarf Planet," so now there are only eight planets. It's still the same round rock it always was, but someone decided to be self-important and change the definition.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
One form of epithelial carcinoma is when you have cancer cells forming along the peritoneum. It is like a skin cancer, but lies just beneath the skin, in these smooth celled gut lining regions, usually not invading organs, as I have read. Until it does. Surgery is one approach. Another would be awareness, and diet.

Warning signs are often a recurring ‘sore’ that is tender but not quite defined, sometimes appearing as a red flat mole and which comes and goes, on the trunk, and which do not appear to ‘heal’ when present. Inflammation may be a precursor. I am not sure if medical science as an institution wishes for us to be aware of this ailment. It may linger interminably and eventually spread, until one day it becomes an apparent problem.

# 952

edit on 27-3-2018 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

edit on 27-3-2018 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2018 by BlueJacket because: bah not worth the western argument

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
It feeds into the lymph node system. Various holistic medical professions know the importance of massage in order to stimulate the lymphatic system. They also recommend a diet that is reduced in fat so that this system doesn't get clogged up. It explains why being overweight increases the chances of cancer.

www.nhs.uk...

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Too many moving parts.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Or maybe we are evolving.

Or maybe becoming genetically modified.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Sounds about normal. It is like when they discovered the brain and spinal chord have their own seperate lymph system. All along they thought there was some other kind of exchange going on but they found a whole system they had previously ignored even though some people asked about it. The professionals thought they knew how things worked and denied anyone who asked or challenged their opinion.

At least they know about these two now, it will take ten to twenty years before these are accepted as real, professionals deny or ignore stuff that is different than they were taught most times. There is a hundred times more we do not know about our bodies than what we know. One thing that really bothers me is that they thought for years that an enzyme only has one use in the body, that is all they knew they were used for, not the only uses. Medical science can be ignorant when it comes to drug side effects. Many meds alter enzyme creation as part of their method of action, you can do that with foods too.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   

We have always known about interstitial space, however, now they are querying whether there is a network of channels that transport fluid between tissue cells. If there is then yes, it could be classified as an organ as it would be a collection of tissue. This possible network is what they are calling Interstictium.

If it's true, then it would be a conduit for all types of molecules, including harmful ones like cancer cells. We now have to wait for further studies.

Here is the original article, much clearer than newspaper ones written by journalists.

originally posted by: Blue Shift
We got new organs showing up all over the place! It's like the Mandela Effect, except that it has to do with new organs.

The largest organ in our body is the skin, and if these networks are confirmed to surround every tissue then yes, it will be classified as an organ, like our skin. If it doesn't, then not. We don't have new organs showing up all over the place at all... Mandela Effect is replacing the God of the gaps it seems.

originally posted by: smurfy
So, they more than think this is a carrier for cancer cells to spread, and possibly be able work out how to stop that, perhaps with some already used methods in a refined use. While the term used is not new, the purpose seems to be.
Let's all hope this is the way...a real breakthrough then.

I'm really excited about this as if it really is a network of channels delivering fluids, then doctors could also study them to find out if they cause oedema and inflammatory disorders.

originally posted by: rickymouse
... The professionals thought they knew how things worked and denied anyone who asked or challenged their opinion.

... professionals deny or ignore stuff that is different than they were taught most times.

.... Medical science can be ignorant when it comes to drug side effects. Many meds alter enzyme creation as part of their method of action, you can do that with foods too.

Gosh, I really respect your opinion Rickymouse, but lately you sound like a guy I know who wanted to be a doctor, couldn't and now thinks he knows more medicine than them.

Doctors study and train for a decade, and not by googling or watching youtube videos. Also, doctors and nurses have to go to compulsory training all the time (I know because I'm one) because medicine/medical knowledge changes all the time due to new discoveries.... discoveries made by scientists and doctors, by the way.

Also, if you have a medical emergency I'm sure you'd visit a hospital where you'd be treated by a doctor, despite of their ignorance about side effects -as per your post.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I am not amazed by nature... because I know it is designed (and I am amazed).....You would think that lifting a beer for enlightenment could be explained.. en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 28-3-2018 by BlackOops because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Wow impressive stuff, I'm very interested to learn its function. Thanks for sharing, it's nice to see a thread that isn't about Liberal Russians trying to tisarm US Citizens or Trump.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   
As this organ is understood more, it may provide new ways to administer medication throughout the human body more efficiently.
Definitely a nice find

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Could they maybe give it a better name?

They've only known about it for at least a hundred years.

I'd suggest "Channels". They can Latin-ize that.
edit on 28-3-2018 by gspat because: because

top topics

<<   2 >>

join