It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The March for Our Guilt

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: BlueMule

However, the March For Our Lives movement *is* actually trying to fix the problem. So it seems the phrase is inappropriate in this case.

It's quite appropriate. Marching has absolutely zero effect beyond personal satisfaction and group catharsis.

Can't agree. It got a response from the opposition.

This is kinda funny. This is like the 1st attacking the 2nd.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: amazing
I thought it was a good idea. Let the kids Vent. Let's have a discussion about Gun Violence and School Shootings.

Better this than Apathetic Teens that sit home and play video games all day with no social lives.

I don't feel guilty. LOL No one I know had their guns taken.

Virtue Signaling is a weird term. We all virtue signal all the time unless we live in a cave by ourselves.

But thats not what happened, there was no discussion , they shut everyone down who tried to have a discussion. Its the exact opposite of a discussion.

But here's where you're wrong. In a protest, yes there is usually only one voice...whatever it is. BLM is only about black lives...Ghandi was protesting a Salt Tax...Metoo movement is only protesting one thing...etc.

But after that venting comes the discussiosn, like now on ATS we're having a discussion. It worked. On Fox news they're having their own discussion in whatever way they want. CNN is having their own discussion. My facebook feed is full of discussions. That's what I'm talking about. During the Venting part, there is no discussion you let them vent. The discussion always comes afterwards.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

With every post here, every one of us virtue signals to appear better to give us more social standing here on ATS

Except some of us stand out from the groups and their rigid dogmas they follow, and tend to piss everybody off as the day goes on.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

With every post here, every one of us virtue signals to appear better to give us more social standing here on ATS

Except some of us stand out from the groups and their rigid dogmas they follow, and tend to piss everybody off as the day goes on.

Do you though?

Or by saying that, you are virtue signaling to the rest of us, that you STAND OUT FROM THE GROUPS AND THEIR RIGID DOGMAS and YOU PISS EVERYBODY OFF AS THE DAY GOES ON.

I'm not saying your wrong, but you just virtue signaled that to all of us.

And by saying that, it does make you look cool, and individualistic and probably did raise your social standing on ATS by a lot!

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Or in this case , an Overly Somewhat Mature Mob taking to the Streets with an Anarchistic Agenda to Challange Law and Order . Wolves in Sheep's Clothing , Easy to Smell them Out.....

" University of Maryland sociologist Dana Fisher conducted a study of the demographics of Saturday’s march in Washington, D.C., and discovered that only less than 10 percent of those in the crowd were under the age of 18.

While Fisher tried to make it sound like these individuals were all potential voters, it is likely that many of those who showed up were simply run-of-the-mill liberal activists."

dailycaller.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

What I meant was, it has no effect towards its desired end. It does have the effect of catharsis and group public relations.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I thought it was a good idea. Let the kids Vent. Let's have a discussion about Gun Violence and School Shootings.

Better this than Apathetic Teens that sit home and play video games all day with no social lives.

Virtue Signaling is a weird term. We all virtue signal all the time unless we live in a cave by ourselves.

But thats not what happened, there was no discussion , they shut everyone down who tried to have a discussion. Its the exact opposite of a discussion.

But here's where you're wrong. In a protest, yes there is usually only one voice...whatever it is. BLM is only about black lives...Ghandi was protesting a Salt Tax...Metoo movement is only protesting one thing...etc.

But after that venting comes the discussiosn, like now on ATS we're having a discussion. It worked. On Fox news they're having their own discussion in whatever way they want. CNN is having their own discussion. My facebook feed is full of discussions. That's what I'm talking about. During the Venting part, there is no discussion you let them vent. The discussion always comes afterwards.

They still arent having the discussion, they were challenged many times even over the last few days by OTHER SURVIVING students, to have a debate on the 2nd, they refused to do so.

They have refused to go on ANY show that challenges their claims.

So no thats not whats happening, there is no discussion from their side, just kids capitalizing on their 15 min of fame and politicians capitalizing on that by using them as useful idiots.

If any conservative had ever done this with any survivor of a school shooting the left would have lost their fking minds.

But now they need a voice!!!! and a platform!!! even if all the things they are saying arent factually close to accurate, they still need it! And damn you if you challenge anything they say.

link   

a reply to: intrepid

What I meant was, it has no effect towards its desired end. It does have the effect of catharsis and group public relations.

That's a good point, right there. Protests are venting and are Cathartic.

link   
a reply to: amazing

And we all do that.

That sounds like an admission of guilt, not a statement of fact.

Again, you're not describing virtue-signalling. Maybe a little research is in order.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

a reply to: BlueMule

However, the March For Our Lives movement *is* actually trying to fix the problem. So it seems the phrase is inappropriate in this case.

It's quite appropriate. Marching has absolutely zero effect beyond personal satisfaction and group catharsis.

Really? You seem to sing a different tune in the 2nd paragraph of your OP.

“many people marched in support of the victims, pleading for society and lawmakers to address the issue of school shootings, and rightfully so”

You open your typically flamboyant rant with faint, damning praise. Then you move on to callously paint over it with a wide brush and inappropriate terms.

Marching has a huge effect on politics. Marching has shaped America. The founding fathers understood how important it is.

Huge numbers of young people are now fired up and registered to vote, thanks to all this. The vigor of youth is a powerful thing, and now it is oriented.

It’s like a snowball that gets bigger as it rolls downhill. Demographics are changing even faster now. Politicians who are scared of the NRA are almost done.

The most significant accomplishment of the recent anti-gun activism hasn’t been additional regulation—it’s been the successful blocking of additional deregulation. When House leaders chose to put Fix NICS into the omnibus, but not legislation that would require states to honor concealed-carry licenses in other states, which leaders had previously demanded be lumped together, they essentially conceded defeat on the NRA’s top legislative priority. And if the NRA isn’t getting it done in this Congress, it’s probably not getting it done in any Congress for the foreseeable future.

slate.com...

So, it looks like another of your pretty rants falls flat.

edit on 012Tuesday000000America/ChicagoMar000000TuesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

They still arent having the discussion, they were challenged many times even over the last few days by OTHER SURVIVING students, to have a debate on the 2nd, they refused to do so.

They have refused to go on ANY show that challenges their claims.

So no thats not whats happening, there is no discussion from their side, just kids capitalizing on their 15 min of fame and politicians capitalizing on that by using them as useful idiots.

If any conservative had ever done this with any survivor of a school shooting the left would have lost their fking minds.

But now they need a voice!!!! and a platform!!! even if all the things they are saying arent factually close to accurate, they still need it! And damn you if you challenge anything they say.

I see what you're saying, but the Kids, for one group. I'm not talking about any liberal hijakers. You always have hijackers on any movement or protest. We know that. But for the kids they're still in protest/vent mode.

I still think the discussion IS what we're having. You and me for one example. I'm listening to you, you're listening and responding to me. I think you just need to give the kids more time. And look for the discussions elsewhere. The kids will come around when they're ready if they're really being honest. Give em room. In my opinion.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Brother!

edit on 27-3-2018 by intrepid because: Added smiley.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

a reply to: amazing

And we all do that.

That sounds like an admission of guilt, not a statement of fact.

Again, you're not describing virtue-signalling. Maybe a little research is in order.

How do you figure that i'm not describing virtue signalling? I just did. Correct me. I've seen the literal definition. Yes, no?

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Don't worry, all this hype of a blue wave will be consumed by fire! How damned stupid can the Progressive left get but to promote destroying one of our founded amendments ahead of an upcoming election? Is this what they call educated? Christ! Sun Tzu would love this snip!

Do you mean to say only evil Conservatives believe in the 2nd? I lmao at those who assume this. Those on the far left, brain washed by the television and the lights of Hollywood, have no idea of the amount of Democrats who shudder at how their party went anti American and full blown Marxist!

See ya'll on the field of battle! MAGA!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

If one of these pliable nuts gets it in his head that someone other than the perpetrators of such crimes are the ones responsible (and given the media’s uncritical amplification of these voices, they already have), there is no telling what he might do.

This is exactly what they are counting on. Then they will 'report' and it will get consumed. Over and over again.

Since Columbine, my opinion stands that this has been by design. The more gravy they get out of these stories, the more likely they are to plant the potatoes.....so to speak.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Don't worry, all this hype of a blue wave will be consumed by fire! How damned stupid can the Progressive left get but to promote destroying one of our founded amendments ahead of an upcoming election? Is this what they call educated? Christ! Sun Tzu would love this snip!

Do you mean to say only evil Conservatives believe in the 2nd? I lmao at those who assume this. Those on the far left, brain washed by the television and the lights of Hollywood, have no idea of the amount of Democrats who shudder at how their party went anti American and full blown Marxist!

See ya'll on the field of battle! MAGA!!!

It's not the far left though.. think Jill Stein --she had other issues way more important than this. It's the establishment Democrats and that's why the democrats are going down. Establishment democrats.

I don't think the kids are trying to get rid of our rights. They just want something done. The hijackers are seeing low hanging fruit to get their names out there for re-election.

Republicans and Democrats are making their own rise/demise right now. Repubicans can't just hop on the coat tails of Trump like alot of mid term elections go. Trumps first couple of years has been to chaotic. These congressional races are on their own and will win or lose on their own merits as it should be.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Peering through a variety of images and videos, it appears many people marched in support of the victims, pleading for society and lawmakers to address the issue of school shootings, and rightfully so. With the help of the media, however, a louder, more political message consumed it. A narrative resembling and likely coached by a certain political affiliation grew louder, and many activists revealed themselves to be the paramilitary wing of the Democratic party, and not the spokespeople of victims and justice as they made themselves out to be.

Do I see keyword inserts there, something you have slipped in to make the rest of the narrative true, just to turn young people who have lost friends into little devil shiites? just for your opinionated self.

Seems like there is no bottom to your machinations. No flags, no two stars...oops sorry, no star for you.

edit on 27-3-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

And I found that just trying to open my email. Imagine if I were all about putting a big thing together along those lines.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Do I see keyword inserts there, something you have slipped in to make the rest of the narrative true, just to turn young people who have lost friends into little devil shiites? just for your opinionated self.

Seems like there is no bottom to your machinations. No flags, no two stars...oops sorry, no star for you.

I see what I see. Your own machinations come from the same bad faith as them, and you're not even traumatized nor coached to do so.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I'm an old man.

I have seen countless time, the term, "Virtual Signaling".

Could someone please explain it to me.

Use small words. I'm slow.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join