It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube triggered by viral Hogg-Hitler 56sec video - check out their 'warning'

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Anecdotal Evidence - Problems

While anecdotes — when true, at least — are nice illustrative stories, they do not constitute evidence. This is because anecdotes only ever apply to individuals or individual experiences and are subject to the biases that this brings with it. It is impossible to say that an individual anecdote is representative and it is also impossible to actually detect the real cause of the anecdote.

And this:

Selection bias

Selective reporting is the main factor that popularly disseminated anecdotes will be almost certainly unrepresentative. People tend to focus on the interesting, the unusual or the powerfully emotive events while ignoring the mundane. After all, no one ever sold a newspaper where the front-page headline read "girl receives new vaccine; suffers zero complications and is now alive and well". People who believe in alternative medicine may, due to confirmation bias, selectively remember stories that support their belief (which they will, of course, tell everybody about), and ignore those that don't.

Selection bias can have an impressive effect in terms of PR. Let's assume 1 million people (1,000,000) decide to take some ineffective remedy to cure their cancer. Let's further assume (for the sake of argument) that only 0.1% of this million will experience spontaneous remission (the actual remission rate, for breast cancer and basal cell carcinoma at least, is closer to 20%[5][6]), and that 0.3% were misdiagnosed and so do not actually have cancer. This makes for a total of 0.4%, or 4000 people. Now, 4000 people translates into a lot of testimonials, "CAM cured my cancer" blogs, Internet comments, newspaper articles, and real-life word-of-mouth, so this makes an extremely positive impression for the therapy. But the other 99.6% died and so are not around to leave any testimonials, positive or otherwise. Thus, even in a hypothetical scenario that assumes statistically very low false positive rates, the quantity of false positives is nevertheless numerically quite large. In reality, the number of past and present cancer patients relying on alternative medicine is much larger than one million, and the false positive rate is significantly higher than 0.4%, making the possibility of a given supposedly successful "cancer cure" anecdote being a coincidence even more likely.

Even if a given treatment were effective, anecdotal evidence would still be useless, because many of the cases would be the result of natural improvement, and it would be impossible to tell which anecdotes are cures and which ones are flukes. There is no way to separate the signal from the noise with only single data points suffering from selection bias.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Debating an issue isn't "stoking divisions"... Unless you enjoy taking offense to opinions you disagree with, but that's more a problem with your own immaturity than anything else though.

It looked like you accused someione above as "stoking divisions", yet whats going on is the DNC / "the left" / whatever politicized the gun debate by using dead kids as weapons, and scores of live kids as tools. Which we're now debating. And you're now talking about people stoking divisions. In a spot where it appears you're defending the people as the source of this epic division stoking event "the left" has cooked up with this punk kid as a sort of figurehead.

Cmon man.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

"Anecdotes"? Those werent old wives tales I posted. Those are actual quotes from people following leftist "social Justice" ideology. You said you never heard of such a thing, and there it is.

Cmon man.

edit on 29-3-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Debating an issue isn't "stoking divisions"... Unless you enjoy taking offense to opinions you disagree with, but that's more a problem with your own immaturity than anything else though.

It looked like you accused someione above as "stoking divisions", yet whats going on is the DNC / "the left" / whatever politicized the gun debate by using dead kids as weapons, and scores of live kids as tools. Which we're now debating. And you're now talking about people stoking divisions. In a spot where it appears you're defending the people as the source of this epic division stoking event "the left" has cooked up with this punk kid as a sort of figurehead.

Cmon man.

I was accusing him of stoking divisions because he was trolling me and basically saying that it is a good thing for me to be offended mostly because he doesn't like me. It had nothing to do with the OP and everything to do with trolling and being an immature asshole.

PS: Politicized the debate? Um, no. The gun debate has ALWAYS been political in nature.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

"Anecdotes"? Those werent old wives tales I posted. Those are actual quotes from people following leftist "social Justice" ideology. You said you never heard of such a thing, and there it is.

Cmon man.

anecdote

1. a short account of a particular incident or event, especially of an interesting or amusing nature.
2. a short, obscure historical or biographical account.

Yeah, they were anecdotes. You should go study what an anecdote actually is, because you clearly don't know and you obviously use a lot of them to "prove" points (illogically).

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

No.I have yet to see anyone on the left call for the systemic elimination of a whole race of people.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Ok. Sorry. I was talking about people that matter. Actual voices of influence in the community. Not some random jackhole you found on Twitter. Is that better?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

NC Sheriff Candidate: Kill Gun Owners Who Won't Give Up Their Guns

Maine Democrats Laugh About Rising Suicide Rates Among White Males

There's another one along these lines I've seen before too, although I cant think of right now.

Then there's Farrakhan. Oh noes.

And as if people of 'elite' prominence would openly say that sort of thing on the record though.

But the ideology speaks for itself. I've written about an entire book on how completely predictable it is for the SJW Supremacism ideology to net those results, which we've been seeing on the ground en masse. Even Neo-Nazi's in their prime werent so quick to rack up open assaults on perceived opposition, as has the SJWFRONT in just a handful of years.

Social Justice Assault Warriors TV Marathon!

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

You are just going all in on the crazy anecdotes (with no room for nuance or context) speaking for the whole aren't you? Tell you what. I'm going to stop talking to you because you are incapable of conceding a point. You just keep trucking on with your insane and myopic view of liberals.
edit on 29-3-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

"Social Justice" is built upon militant feminism, Critical Race Theory, the Progressive Stack, etc.

Its bent on inter-group supremacism.

It drips in Collective Narcissism.

It's foundation is victimhood, that SWM are bent on the systematic oppression of them (like the Nazi's asserted the Jew "rats" were doing to all Germans).

Inside and out is oozes overt Hyper-Tribalism, which is straight out of the 'Nazi Identity Politicks Handbook'. So much so it literally out-Nazi's the OG Nazi's.

As such, to one studied in social movement and social psychology, the extremism massively documented now in just this decade by the so-called "anti-racist" "anti-facist" SOCIAL JUSTICE mofo's 'was' an entirely predictable outcome.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Not gonna lie, It really does look like we are being groomed to accept this Kid in our political system down the line.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Uh huh... You don't say... *YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN*

Keep preaching your myopia. I don't care as I don't listen to not-liberals tell me what liberals believe. Hell, I'd say YOU are closer to fascism with your overt stereotyping of all that is liberalism. Nazis LOVED to censor them some liberals and loved using hyperbole to fearmonger them. I feel like you are two steps away from calling for all liberals to be jailed for no reason other than they are liberals. Well I'm sure you'll use memes, pictures, anecdotes, and words taken out of context to prove your point that all liberals are evil and need to be gassed.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Run away from:

Just keep them MSM / DNC / Ruling Power Elitist Establishment tunnelvision blinders on.

Wake up man.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Sorry, bro. I don't use Facebook. Simple memes way work on the dumb and uninformed but you'll have to do better than that. Plus your hatred of liberals is well documented on this site. You can't go into a topic without #ting on them. I'm really worried about your attitude towards us and its about time someone pointed out that your anti-liberal bias is approaching dangerous and unhealthy levels. Of course I know you won't listen to me. I'm a liberal who needs to be locked away because you declared us fascists. Just wanted to put this out there though.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I have no beef with real liberals. You authoritarian SJW sociopaths now thats another story.

Before Obama I used to get labelled "liberal" by all half the "right" around here everyday. I can provide examples. Then Obama came, you all went completely out of your mind with identity politics pretzel logic, I guess its called "progressivism".

FACT: Identity politics were invented in Nazi Germany, and "Social Justice" is modeled directly from it. I've broken the model down, I call it "Hyper-Tribalism" lacking a specific term from academics I've managed to find so far. But if you have a mind for social psychology its plain as day once you look at it.

Dont be a such a tool. Or such a chicken snip.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I have no beef with real liberals. You authoritarian SJW sociopaths now thats another story.

Of course. It has to start with a test on what is an acceptable liberal or not to you conservatives. I understand completely. Then you can arbitrarily decide who needs to be in the camps or not based on how you conservatives feel about our answers.

Before Obama I used to get labelled "liberal" by all half the "right" around here everyday. I can provide examples. Then Obama came, you all went completely out of your mind with identity politics pretzel logic, I guess its called "progressivism".

Don't #ing care. People change political identities over the years all the time. If you didn't then that would just be a demonstration of stunted mental development. I started my days on ATS as more of a moderate conservative. Now I'm more liberal. Things change. I got disgusted with conservatives going around scared, paranoid and displaying persecution complexes all the time.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhyDidIJoin

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: EvillerBob

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

originally posted by: ketsuko
Am I the only one who thinks he looks like Frankie Muniz with PMS?

No kidding! The eternal frown and hard looks he gives off don't say "I'm people-friendly" to me.
Funny but Emma Gonzalez is pretty similar in her countenance.
I wonder if media studies showed those looks would be taken more seriously?

I read somewhere yesterday a comment that I find myself increasingly agreeing with - Hogg gives off the vibe of a kid who is angry that the other kid got to shoot the school up first. He has that creepy mass-murderer-in-waiting thing about him.

He might turn into one of those once the media attention dies and these colleges keep rejecting his application.

What would a college reject his application? Just curious.

Cause he's not a needy minority

Why does college accpetance or grades have anything to do with this argument? It's like a personal attack on a high school student. Not okay.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Does your brain operate each day on pure short term memory? Like that guy in Memento? I'm not a conservative and you already know that. When they start getting nutty in policy and actions they deal with me just the same. The only difference is the SJW progressive "liberals" are ten times so or more total nutjobs than typical conservatives. Said SJW's whom I rub about as wrong as if I were hanging out at that one Neo-Nazi forum. The difference again being their arent at the helm of the GOP and the leaders of "conservatism" and in total sympathy of everyday conservatives, nothing like how the SJW extremists are at the helm fo the DNC and the leaders of "liberalism" and in total sympathy with everyday liberals.

Here goes a good 'documentary' that might be a little close to home for you but oh well:

See how he does it? Now go and tattoo on your forearm: "IIB isn't a conservative".

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Has to be either Black, Latino first gen from New California via Tijuana, or an Islamic woman in Hijab...

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I tell people he is setting himself up to run for office.

On the backs of all those dead children. How Hitlerian of him. Like Rudy Giuliani tried to ride the dead bodies of of 9/11 all the way to the White House.

Ha! We're in perfect agreement! But were the dead children also part of the design?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join