It has been revealed in the last day that the Independent Inquiry into CSA will be visiting Telford to speak to some of the estimated 1000 victims .
While overtly the news has been recognised the deeper facts that this Mirror article contains describe disturbing realities .
The failure of members to produce evidence for their arguments or to read further into osi available on these matters is often of concern . As if
members are getting their news , only from here . For example the last thread on this matter became something of a farce , where the identification
of the origins of the main ground-level co-ordinators or tools of the abuse (ethnicity[ Pakistani ] or [Muslims ] ) became the central issue , as
if the 7 men charged were the only abusers.
So a pointless debate from relatively ignorant perspectives took place . Meanwhile this evidence was available
Read this Source
From the cited source :
One officer who investigated the case told the Sunday Mirror that police were overwhelmed by the scale of the scandal and “frustrated” that so
few of the predators were jailed
Child victims of the 'worst ever' sex gang in Telford were taken to a derelict house where men were shuttled out by MINI BUS to abuse them, police
Three officers who investigated the horrific case have revealed just how the victims were failed.
One cop told the Sunday Mirror that police were overwhelmed by the scale of the scandal and “frustrated” that so few of the predators,
predominantly from the town’s Pakistani Muslim community, were jailed.
The officer said: “At one point we had 70 cases and one victim had close to 100 offenders. In one case women were taken to a derelict building near
Birmingham and men were being shuttled out in mini bus runs to abuse them.
"Many officers were frustrated because the CPS was treating the cases as separate when we knew they were linked. “If we could have got four or
five of the girls with the strongest cases and asked them to identify the worst offenders I believe more men could have ended up in jail.”
READ MORE 'I was raped and pimped out to VIP sex parties at 20 and kept my dark secret for 38 years'
police (Image: Sunday Mirror)
A second said he was “horrified” after court orders against more than 20 suspects were abandoned – allegedly after chiefs said it “was too
Another told of the “huge” scale of abuse and said more convictions could have been achieved if the cases had been properly linked at the
Meanwhile, the mother of an abused girl who died revealed she gave police a three-page list of suspects – but claimed nothing was done.
The same girl and a fellow 13-year-old were reportedly in a car driven by abusers that was stopped by police – but allowed to go.
The officers came forward after Supt Tom Harding, of West Mercia Police, said he “significantly disputed” our probe and claimed an estimate
of 1,000 victims was “sensationalised”. But a string of experts have supported our figures and today the question remains – why didn’t the
police do more?
One of the police whistleblowers said of the feared 1,000 toll: “I don’t think it’s beyond the realms of possibility at all.
"I wouldn’t be surprised. It was the tip of the iceberg.”
Today, Assistant Chief Constable Martin Evans denied court orders were discounted because of the level of work required. But our sources stood by
their account. And going public showed their concern over the true scale of the problem and the police response.
One said: “There were lots of people that were suspected of abuse but not put before the courts.
“Two senior officers had a conversation about going for Sexual Risk Orders. It would have meant they would be monitored by the police. It can be
effective with a low reoffending rate.
“The question was, should we apply for 20 or 25 of these orders? The view from the senior officer was it was too much trouble. A lot of us were
horrified when they didn’t want to do that.
“It would have been a lot of work but what price do we put on protecting these kids?”
The court orders were considered for suspects identified by cops as part of Operation Chalice – which saw just seven men jailed in 2012.
A third officer told us: “The orders were discussed at a senior level with lawyers and the CPS. We were anticipating a number of people would go
on those orders. It didn’t take place.”
HERE ARE MORE FACTS
Professionals’ tragic catalogue of lost chances to end torment
Witnesses claim police failed to fully investigate the circumstances of three deaths of abuse victims in the town in the 2000s.
Operation Chalice was launched nine years after teenage Lucy Lowe was killed by her abuser in an arson attack along with her older sister and their
Underage girls – including those reported missing – were stopped in cars driven by their older abusers but they tell us that no questions were
Medical professionals are accused of failing to question why underage girls were having abortions, miscarriages and taking the morning after pill.
One victim told us: “I was going into the doctors and the youth sexual health clinic to get the morning after pill, probably twice a week, and
nobody even questioned anything. I had two abortions, still nothing was said.”
Schools failed to act on reports that Asian paedophiles were targeting schoolgirls outside Telford schools as long ago as 2000. One teacher allegedly
asked an 11-year-old victim if she was sexually active but did nothing about it apart from warning her not to associate with an older abuse victim.
A string of young girls were falling pregnant to older Asian men but we are told that social services failed to address the problem.
One council report from 2013 admitted: “From the late 1990s professionals working in Telford and Wrekin had concerns about the nature of some of the
child sexual abuse cases presented to them.”
It states that the abuse only became a “priority” for the local safeguarding teams in 2009.
Nightmare by numbers
100 victims from 2007 to 2009 identified by Operation Chalice cops
200 suspected offenders identified
50 officers work on the case
Only seven paedophiles are jailed as a result of Operation Chalice
715 child sexual abuse “contacts” are dealt with by Telford Council’s Family Connect team from 2013 to 2016
Experts estimate that up to 1,000 victims were targeted in more than four decades of abuse
256 child sex crimes were recorded by Telford Council in the year to September 2015 – the highest rate in the UK
From further reading regarding IICSA's visit to Telford , bear in mind that these 'local level' incidences are not within the scope of the
which is dealing with abuses committed from within 13 differentcentral
establishments , such as the Church of England , and penitential
institutions . While IICSA apparently has enough to do as it is .. are they looking in the wrong places ? And if this kind of recruitment ground ,
Telford , is not within their scope , how many other towns and cities have this problem ? It is suggested here that , like drug abuse (in only so many
ways) , this exact type of problem described here in every single city and town across England Wales Scotland and Ireland
edit on 27-3-2018 by ZIPMATT because: talking points bolded