It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One good reason to hate Bush, but only one

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realist05
Can I apply for reparations for the abuse I suffered in basic training? Suck it up. Being a patriot isn't easy.

Obviously, since torture is illegal, anyone tortured, even as a pow, should get reparations from the people that did it. Hell, war itself usually requires reparations from one state to the next.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
If the POW's were abused by Saddam, then why should the new Iraqi government pay? If Bush made the new government pay then you would accuse him of stealing from Iraq!! Get real it makes no sense forcing the new democratic government to pay for Saddam's crimes!!

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Undeniable proof that GW is an f...ing liberal.

Impeach the bum......................if he doesn't fix this..............

Pretty f**ked up, eh? See how Bush supports the troops? It's despicable.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
If the POW's were abused by Saddam, then why should the new Iraqi government pay? If Bush made the new government pay then you would accuse him of stealing from Iraq!! Get real it makes no sense forcing the new democratic government to pay for Saddam's crimes!!

They won their claim in a court of law, that's why. We soldiers go out and keep our committments. The government screws us without a kiss.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Yes, they won in a court of law, that ruled against Saddam, who was toppled. I still do not see why the new government should pay for Saddam's crimes. That would not be fair to the new government.

I support the troops to the max...but Saddam is the man that should pay, and he will.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Yes, they won in a court of law, that ruled against Saddam, who was toppled. I still do not see why the new government should pay for Saddam's crimes. That would not be fair to the new government.

Yeah right. I'd love to hear what you'd have to say if it was you Bush was taking money away from.

Bush doesn't give a rat'sass about our troops. Wtf up.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Besides this one case, what proof can you show that President Bush does not give a rats rear about the troops?? He even went to Iraq on Thanksgiving. And he is incressing medical benfits for troops. Give the bush bashing a rest....

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Besides this one case, what proof can you show that President Bush does not give a rats rear about the troops??

I know of a pretty solid proof - the very presence of these brave men and women in Iraq.

He even went to Iraq on Thanksgiving. And he is incressing medical benfits for troops. Give the bush bashing a rest....

Oh, you blow my mind. His trip cost the taxpayers so much (as I can imagine) that he'd better stay home. He should also have stayed home instead of the famous aircraft carrier landing. Mission accomplished, my "a" double "s".

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The men & women fighting for us in Iraq are there because they need to protect Amercia by bringing freedom and a voice to the middle-east. Already we are seeing sweeping positive change taking place in the middle-east. He cares about the troops greatly and that trip to Iraq on Thanksgiving was a huge boost to the troops! It was an historical trip and dealt a major blow to those terrorist fighters in Iraq.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   

dealt a major blow to those terrorist fighters in Iraq.

how exactly? did the insurgents/terrorists say, 'oh fiddely, Mr. Bush is here, we better stop being such naughty boys' or did they say, 'hey look, heres that tool Bush, lets have a big killing spree! yay!', sure bush went out there on Thanksgiving, so what? if he hadn't he'd be in even more bother now.

Also, maybe i misunderstood, but how can a US court rule that Iraq should pay reparations? I'm not saying the pilots shouldn't get any, they definetly should but how can a US court have any jurisdiction over a foreign country, surely if Saddam was still in power he could just ignore it?

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I remember seeing one of the POWs who is being denied the funds doing an interview on tv and was trying hard not to cry. The allegation is true.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
President Bushs Thankgiving day trip was a blow to the terrorists because it showed the people of Iraq that the terrorists were not in control. It was a boost to the troops because The President was thanking them for their service. And it was a historic visit. The new government should not have to pay for Saddams crimes. It is horrible the POWs were abused but that kind of thing should happen in war. Are are still getting benifits from the government.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join