It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Times wilfully ignorant

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: network dude

these "marches" are getting out of control...

That's not Emma Gonzalez.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: network dude

these "marches" are getting out of control...

Man, an umbrella?

That is an offensive weapon, alright.

Where is my AR to protect my rights when I needs it?

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DogStarIn1066

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: face23785

So surveys mean something and are credible again?

Oh that's right. When they support your beliefs then yes. If they go against your beliefs they're meaningless fake news bull#.

I remember now

Perhaps you could cite somewhere I said surveys aren't credible?

Nah, you just had to make that up because you can't refute what I posted.

Yes, people do want to repeal the 2nd, and it's not just one or two far left wackos. You're now informed. You can choose to accept that information, or you can be willfully ignorant. I have a hunch which one you'll choose.

It is a free country. We, as citizens, can review our laws at any time. Or are you suggesting that amendments are beyond review, or even discussion?

Humm, so prohibition should still be in effect?

I'm not suggesting any of those things.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

originally posted by: butcherguy

During the American Revolution, if there had been AR 15 rifles available to the British and the colonists....
Do you honestly believe that the founding fathers would have written the Second Amendment to exclude them?

Absolutely...

when the 2nd amendment was written, the US had rifles that fired 3-4 rounds per minute and they were not very accurate

John Adams said:

I do not deny the inhabitants had a right to arm themselves at that time, for their defence, not for offence, that distinction is material and must be attended to

What do you believe he'd say if he held an AR15 and fired at some targets?

The weapons you have are offensive weapons that are being used to massacre children and innocents far to often

I haven't read the thread yet, but I'm hoping someone called you out on your disingenuous Adams quote.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
a reply to: DogStarIn1066

Alright then the kids should start fighting against obesity and deaths caused by don't text and driving as well. That kills way more people in the US daily then any mass shooting event and the numbers are on the rise. Repeal the Second Amendment is trending so i guess they are after all your guns. I'm not an american but i support the right to bear arms. Repealing the Second Amendment creates a precedence and who really believes it just stops there.

Good points.

Kids are doing things about the questions you posed. One thing at a time.

I put a ballistic pad in my 15 year old sons back pack, and told him if the shooting starts to run.

This is horrible. My son goes to shcool with more armor on Then I wore into battle during the first gulf war. Are you not seeing that this is maddness?

Just telling him to run is not wise. Running can you killed, depending on the circumstances. In an active shooter situation, you try to get out if you can. If there's no clear path you shelter in place. Barricade doors and windows if you can, put as many walls and other barriers between you and the shooter as you can and get out of sight. Attack as a last resort.

What's madness is that it's perfectly okay to have strong security measures in a bunch of other places we take our kids like banks, airports etc, but somehow having it in schools is considered madness.

I did a shelter in place exercise on Friday at a Baltimore federal office. Run, hide, fight, in that order. I was the OEO officer for the building.

Run is best. My kid is on the track team, and last week took 1st in the 100. I am telling him to run. My advice as his dad. Tell your own kids what to do, and I really hope it works out.

Not trying to be argumentative, but the kid is fast, and if shooting starts, out istance between yourself untill you are out of sight. Can't hit what you can't see.

Run is best, that's why it's first. Of course the most effective defense would be to get so far away you can't be shot. I was just pointing out that in some instances that's not practical, which is why they teach run, hide, fight not just run. He may be fast, but he's not faster than a bullet. Why would you even bring up how fast he is?

He'd be better served if you teach him the other 2 parts, the difference in different scenarios and when each one would be best. If you've been through the drills, you should understand why.

I believe I understand active shooter. Unless you are an OEO, or have some specialized trainng, why are you trying to advise me on what I should be telling my very fast son, who is living in a day and age where he wears ballistic on his back, on how to avoid be killed?

Yeah, you can tell your kids whatever. And I am very serious in saying it works out for them, if something horrible happens.

But these kids are frightened. I spoke to my son and his friends about what to do. I think I have them good advice, and maybe my son feels a little safer with the ballistics.

Lighten up. It is my son. Look after your own.

What's in your kids backpack?

link   
Is this ATS or CNN?

Some of these comments are disturbing.

Here follow the money, the "liberal"(communist) opinion floating around is well funded.

This is an organized attempt to subvert the Constitution.

Who is funding March for our lives...

Shoulda called it march for ((our)) lives, we want to take more from you and we like not having to work.

link   
a reply to: introvert

Multiple people, including myself have pointed that out.

Typically when you see something that has (2018, colorized), it's a good hint that it's a joke

Sorry if it confused folks, my humor misses people a lot of the time I guess

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
That's a straw man, obviously. Again, the whole point is to have some capacity to fight back or defend yourself in the case of tyranny. It's not "bombing buildings and shooting up schools.

At the point tyranny comes, your vote and voice may be gone. Or set you up to be attacked, at which point if you don't have a weapon then you are done.

More nonsense.

Ever notice how police standoffs always end?

Imagine the 82nd airborne outside your house.

You cannot fight the federal government with violence.

You will lose.

So use the tools that civilisation has endowed you with.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Alright then the kids should start fighting against obesity and deaths caused by don't text and driving as well. That kills way more people in the US daily then any mass shooting event and the numbers are on the rise. Repeal the Second Amendment is trending so i guess they are after all your guns. I'm not an american but i support the right to bear arms. Repealing the Second Amendment creates a precedence and who really believes it just stops there.

Good points.

I put a ballistic pad in my 15 year old sons back pack, and told him if the shooting starts to run.

This is horrible. My son goes to shcool with more armor on Then I wore into battle during the first gulf war. Are you not seeing that this is maddness?

Just telling him to run is not wise. Running can you killed, depending on the circumstances. In an active shooter situation, you try to get out if you can. If there's no clear path you shelter in place. Barricade doors and windows if you can, put as many walls and other barriers between you and the shooter as you can and get out of sight. Attack as a last resort.

What's madness is that it's perfectly okay to have strong security measures in a bunch of other places we take our kids like banks, airports etc, but somehow having it in schools is considered madness.

I did a shelter in place exercise on Friday at a Baltimore federal office. Run, hide, fight, in that order. I was the OEO officer for the building.

Run is best. My kid is on the track team, and last week took 1st in the 100. I am telling him to run. My advice as his dad. Tell your own kids what to do, and I really hope it works out.

Not trying to be argumentative, but the kid is fast, and if shooting starts, out istance between yourself untill you are out of sight. Can't hit what you can't see.

Run is best, that's why it's first. Of course the most effective defense would be to get so far away you can't be shot. I was just pointing out that in some instances that's not practical, which is why they teach run, hide, fight not just run. He may be fast, but he's not faster than a bullet. Why would you even bring up how fast he is?

He'd be better served if you teach him the other 2 parts, the difference in different scenarios and when each one would be best. If you've been through the drills, you should understand why.

I believe I understand active shooter. Unless you are an OEO, or have some specialized trainng, why are you trying to advise me on what I should be telling my very fast son, who is living in a day and age where he wears ballistic on his back, on how to avoid be killed?

Yeah, you can tell your kids whatever. And I am very serious in saying it works out for them, if something horrible happens.

But these kids are frightened. I spoke to my son and his friends about what to do. I think I have them good advice, and maybe my son feels a little safer with the ballistics.

Lighten up. It is my son. Look after your own.

I'd suggest you need to lighten up. Offering you advice on what to tell your son is not some kind of assault on your parenting rights. And yes, I know you didn't say that, but you're clearly getting defensive about the whole "I'll parent the way I want thing". Lots of parents give their kids bad advice. I've been through active shooter training enough times myself. Just telling them "run" is not good enough. And again, bringing up how fast your son is is just silly. Schools have long hallways. You don't know exactly where he is going to be or where the shooter is going to be if one starts. Running could get him killed in certain situations. If you understand these scenarios as well as you think you do, please explain why I'm wrong. I'm simply suggesting you give him more nuanced advice than just "run". If you did, fine. You don't need to get so defensive about it. Cue a claim that you weren't being defensive...

link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Edumakated

Good points.

It is madness because the odds of a school shooting happening at your son's school are less than winning the Powerball lotto. I guess you pack a parachute every time you a fly in a plane? Put on a fire suit when you get in your car?

I have worn a chute on a plane. Back at Ft Benning.

I also have a Nomex suit from when I used to race.

And now I have a son with armor in his backpack.

Books...

The point is you don't need to put on your fire suit when you drive to the grocery store because the odds of your car exploding in a ball of fire are pretty slim. However, you don't apply the same logic and thought process to your kid putting a plate of ballistics in his backpack when statistically school shootings are exceedingly rare.

My point is you are demonstrating you've fallen hook, line and sinker to media propaganda and you admit by your own actions.

Yes, I am completely brainwashed. Can you point me to a YouTube video to fix myself?

link   

That's a straw man, obviously. Again, the whole point is to have some capacity to fight back or defend yourself in the case of tyranny. It's not "bombing buildings and shooting up schools.

At the point tyranny comes, your vote and voice may be gone. Or set you up to be attacked, at which point if you don't have a weapon then you are done.

More nonsense.

You will lose.

the 82nd made up of volunteers, you really think they are going to lead attacks against family, friends, neighbors etc?
Curious why you think they will just march lock step to killing citizens defending their rights as outlined in the constitution?

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
This is ridiculous and shameful! first off. We in the military haven't defended American freedom since God know when Second "a thank you for your service" are you kidding me. Disrespecting military officers???? You have absolutely no authority over this man or for that matter anyone in the service (You served). You my friend are what we call a Vetflake. I happen to be currently serving with over 19 years in with 3 combat deployments. I or any of my friends would ever dare to tell someone to thank me for my service. Serving is an honor and you should be thanking the citizens for your ability to serve. Out of curiosity what branch unit specialty? did you "serve" in. My experience tell me that people that make comments like you sat in offices and did a lot of paperwork. Now let me be clear. We in the military the true warrior took an oath to defend the Constitution as it is. I and many of my brothers in the military are pro Pro 2a. We have seen what an unarmed populace looks like and will not allow you or any liberal snowflake to take that away. Comments are being made that the military will go door to door and collect guns if a ban happens. That's ridiculous. If you are against an AR-15 in a citizens hand then so be it. it is none of your Goddamn business what a private citizen can or cannot own. a reply to: DogStarIn1066

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

But their gunz make them feel all safe and warm.

Aww, do you have to pretend the gun owners are all pussies to make yourself feel better?

That's pathetic.

I am 55, and have made it to this age without ever needing a firearm to defend myself in the United States.

So yes, if you need a gun here you might want to put on a pink pussy hat, and March around Washington.

Anything you've never experienced doesn't happen enough for people to be justified in protecting themselves against?

When you have to resort to pretending people who don't agree with you are pussies, you're running out of facts.

I believe you asked the leading question, I just responded in an honest manner. You asked if you should be called a pussy, right?

I still stand by the statement.

You don't need a firearm to stay safe. Common sense, be alert, and you will be fine.

Or there is always the pink hat...

Too bad that's not the real world. There are tens of thousands violent crimes in the US every year. Do you actually believe all of them would be prevented if the victims had more common sense and were more alert? Criminals would just cease to want to commit violent crime?

Most violent crimes are committed by someone familiar to the victem.

Pay attention to the people around you, friends and yes family.

Stay away from unsafe areas.

If it feels scary, leave.

Simple.

Still here after 55 years, and never needed a firearm to protect myself.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

My Mossberg 500 is modable. I have a bright as # light on it. Ban those too?

If you are going to use a firearm for defense, why the heck are you putting a light on it?

Yeah, you see that a lot in Ranger gear.

By the way, I have 2 500's, and they are terrific.

Where I live, sometimes it's night.

Ok, fair enough.

Talk to anyone who has been in combat about putting a light (hey shoot over here) on their weapon.

But it was a funny response.

I do know that coin hunters and hog hunters use lights.

However not for defense, unless you are shooting at unarmed people.

Yeah if you intend to walk around with it on the entire time, you'd have a point. I don't. Talk to anyone that's taken a home defense tactical course.

Well, you are talking to a combat veteran who jumped out of pkanes, got through ranger school and and is still breathing.

What are your questions?

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

But their gunz make them feel all safe and warm.

Aww, do you have to pretend the gun owners are all pussies to make yourself feel better?

That's pathetic.

I am 55, and have made it to this age without ever needing a firearm to defend myself in the United States.

So yes, if you need a gun here you might want to put on a pink pussy hat, and March around Washington.

Anything you've never experienced doesn't happen enough for people to be justified in protecting themselves against?

When you have to resort to pretending people who don't agree with you are pussies, you're running out of facts.

I believe you asked the leading question, I just responded in an honest manner. You asked if you should be called a pussy, right?

I still stand by the statement.

You don't need a firearm to stay safe. Common sense, be alert, and you will be fine.

Or there is always the pink hat...

Too bad that's not the real world. There are tens of thousands violent crimes in the US every year. Do you actually believe all of them would be prevented if the victims had more common sense and were more alert? Criminals would just cease to want to commit violent crime?

Most violent crimes are committed by someone familiar to the victem.

Pay attention to the people around you, friends and yes family.

I'm well aware of that. Being aware and paying attention still doesn't actually stop violent crime. It merely reduces your odds of being a victim.

Stay away from unsafe areas.

If it feels scary, leave.

Again, merely reduces your odds. Violent crime happens everywhere, just at different rates. Also, some people live in inherently dangerous areas and don't have the luxury of just avoiding it 24/7.

Still here after 55 years, and never needed a firearm to protect myself.

Again, this is a pointless statement. There's lots of things that have never happened to me that happen to other people. By this logic you don't need to prepare your son for a school shooting. He's never been in one before, right? Take that ballistic plate out of his backpack, he doesn't need it by your logic. See how stupid it sounds now?

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
NY Times wilfully ignorant

The musket wass the assault weapon of it's day.

If the first amendment covers your smart phone.

The second covers MACHINE GUNS( which was banned in '86) except those grand fathered in.

If you treated the first like the second. We'd all be using pencils and paper.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

More nonsense.

You will lose.

the 82nd made up of volunteers, you really think they are going to lead attacks against family, friends, neighbors etc?
Curious why you think they will just march lock step to killing citizens defending their rights as outlined in the constitution?

I was in the 82nd for 5 years total.

If some nut was holed up in a house with a bunch of guns we would have been more then happy to take him out, especially if he was ranting about overthrowing the government, and the constitution.

Luckily, they have local cops and mental health worker to handle the light work.

Some Rambo with an AR is not worth the military's time.

edit on 27-3-2018 by DogStarIn1066 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2018 by DogStarIn1066 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Fountain pens, not pencils, but yes!

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

You were in 5 years and think the army would attack on our soil?

Jesus dude

The military are our friends, neighbors and family.

Your psycho notion is not the norm for military people.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: semperkill
This is ridiculous and shameful! first off. We in the military haven't defended American freedom since God know when Second "a thank you for your service" are you kidding me. Disrespecting military officers???? You have absolutely no authority over this man or for that matter anyone in the service (You served). You my friend are what we call a Vetflake. I happen to be currently serving with over 19 years in with 3 combat deployments. I or any of my friends would ever dare to tell someone to thank me for my service. Serving is an honor and you should be thanking the citizens for your ability to serve. Out of curiosity what branch unit specialty? did you "serve" in. My experience tell me that people that make comments like you sat in offices and did a lot of paperwork. Now let me be clear. We in the military the true warrior took an oath to defend the Constitution as it is. I and many of my brothers in the military are pro Pro 2a. We have seen what an unarmed populace looks like and will not allow you or any liberal snowflake to take that away. Comments are being made that the military will go door to door and collect guns if a ban happens. That's ridiculous. If you are against an AR-15 in a citizens hand then so be it. it is none of your Goddamn business what a private citizen can or cannot own. a reply to: DogStarIn1066

Ok, I know how you feel now
I was army, a ranger,abn, and served as a sig officer in the bats.

Little desk time.

Don't pretend you know what I believe, and if you read my posts you would see I own firearms.

But maybe you just want to insult me?

Ok tough guy -try this out - last time I went to war we won in 100 hours.

That record still stands.

If you want to have a polite discussion I am here, otherwise this conversation is beneath both of us.

And thank you for your service. My older son is out there with you. Keep his back.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join