It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who here is for banning and burning books?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Maybe we should be tortured and forced to bear witness against ourselves.

Atf form 4473 is force to bear witness against ourselves.

Thank the book burners aka anti gun crowd for that.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
isn't writing like a gun?

Books are just a tool.

They don't kill anyone until in the hands of madman.

Well maybe a bit more subtle than a assault battleship.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
The only people who claim to want to burn books are probably the politicians paid to say such things in order to get people outraged over it. Take the bait if you want.

Some just had a march this past weekend over wanting people to give up a RIGHT.

Burning books, banning guns. . . . a rose by any other name. . . . .

Guess what though, it was their RIGHT to march for something they believe in.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
isn't writing like a gun?

Books are just a tool.

They don't kill anyone until in the hands of madman.

Well maybe a bit more subtle than a assault battleship.

Do/should we restrict books from certain people? Not allow dangerous people access to books?

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoubleDNH

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
The only people who claim to want to burn books are probably the politicians paid to say such things in order to get people outraged over it. Take the bait if you want.

Some just had a march this past weekend over wanting people to give up a RIGHT.

Burning books, banning guns. . . . a rose by any other name. . . . .

Guess what though, it was their RIGHT to march for something they believe in.

You don't find it ironic that they were using their RIGHT to promote a denial of RIGHTS for others.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv
Here we are again miss double standard. I bet you believe in abortion because it is a woman's right. I believe as a good citizen I have the right to own a gun and as many as I want. Is your right more important than mine. My right was responsible for the killing of 17 beautiful children. My heart aches and I think that the guy that did that should hang by the neck until dead. On the other hand your right to choose in 2008 alone cost the lives of 825,564 lives. This is a CDC statistic.OMG!! in that number you could have offed the next Genius or cure for cancer. Double liberal standards.
Now with the double standard what group uses that the most. Communists. And the last time I can remember when children were put in charge? POLPOT in Cambodia. Children were in charge and littered the so called killing fields with human beings. Stick that in your double standard pipe and smoke on that a while.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

originally posted by: Byrd

Who here is for banning and burning books?

Not all books. Just offensive books. Books with dangerous words in them. Assault books.

There are some books that I would not allow in a library or a bookstore (and would possibly report on the Internet) ... something like a guide for pedophiles on how to have sex with babies. Or a book on how to torture and maim a small child or animals.

While I am a liberal and like to think I'm fairly tolerant, I do draw the line at some things.
Damn, man...I thought i have read some out there stuff.
I have never had the misfortune of stumbling across this level of garbage.
Nothing a solid hickory stick can't fix.

That information is indeed out there. And frankly, I'm for repressing it for the good of society. There's other material that I also think needs to be wiped from the face of the earth.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Theyre not being burned, but some are trying to ban certain books in schools and whatnot. But as long as the internet is up and running, the action is futile. My brother works at Google. He said they have been scanning every book ever written and digitizing them. We'll need to burn the internet down to have any success. I live fairly close to Facebook. That's the most influential/devious book I know of. Every day I drive by and there's a crowd of people in front of the sign taking selfies, reveling in their demise. You should see the new building they're working on. It must be a half mile long. That's a big ass book. The pen is mightier than the sword, and quite possibly an AR15. But I've never heard of anyone getting killed in court by the judge.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Ansuzrune
The second coming of Christ. He came, she aborted, he died...ahhhahahaha. We're all doomed

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starhooker

Theyre not being burned, but some are trying to ban certain books in schools and whatnot. But as long as the internet is up and running, the action is futile. My brother works at Google. He said they have been scanning every book ever written and digitizing them. We'll need to burn the internet down to have any success. I live fairly close to Facebook. That's the most influential/devious book I know of. Every day I drive by and there's a crowd of people in front of the sign taking selfies, reveling in their demise. You should see the new building they're working on. It must be a half mile long. That's a big ass book. The pen is mightier than the sword, and quite possibly an AR15. But I've never heard of anyone getting killed in court by the judge.

You bring up a very good point. Considering how easy it is to digitize, document and store information, the phrase "book burning" is well out-of-date and inapplicable.

As far as this topic goes, these people will have their day(s) to complain or voice their opinion and we will move on. As we always do.

But we will not lose our right in the process.
edit on 27-3-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Burn all the effing books you want. It means nothing these days. No information will be lost, freedom is impervious to the flame, thoughts and ideas are always being reborn, reincarnated through an ingrained sense of what has been bestowed upon us by a higher power. And nothing can destroy that.

But, if the almighty Google possess the only remaining copy of say, the hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy, then they can supress or destroy it forever and our kids will never know the joys of vogon poetry
edit on 27-3-2018 by Starhooker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

threads like this always amuse me

according to official statistics - 32 million merkins are illiterate

thats > 09% of your population [ for the benefit of the inumerate
]

what is being done to " enable " thier inalieanable right to read ?????
edit on 27-3-2018 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape
Hmmm, I just assumed merkins couldn't do anything except play the role of toupee downtown.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Starhooker
Typical liberal drivel. Reduce it to a smart ass remark.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I'm all for Burning the Bible, and Quoran. Just those two. Oh and let's throw the Torah in there as well.
edit on 27-3-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Yes.

Chick Tracts

FWIW I'm Christian
edit on 3272018 by Butterfinger because: spelling

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starhooker

Burn all the effing books you want. It means nothing these days. No information will be lost, freedom is impervious to the flame, thoughts and ideas are always being reborn, reincarnated through an ingrained sense of what has been bestowed upon us by a higher power. And nothing can destroy that.

But, if the almighty Google possess the only remaining copy of say, the hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy, then they can supress or destroy it forever and our kids will never know the joys of vogon poetry

Ok. So do you think what these people are doing is comparable to burning books?

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

This is already happening pal... :

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

If true, then the OP is based on a false equivalence. What you describe is not happening here.

Books are still being banned in the US.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Let's start with all holy books.

Then we can worry about the rest.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join