It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who here is for banning and burning books?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
You're all missing the point. It's not about the book, its about the paper. Think about it.

Paper can cut. I watched Jackass. It hurts.
I can print bad words on paper and pay people to print more of those words on paper and distribute them. That hurts.
In the game rock-paper-scissors, paper beats rock. That's nice.
Paper burns at 451 degrees Fahrenheit. That's a fact.

BAN PAPER! BURN PAPER!

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: DBCowboy

Books don’t have bullets that rip into your flesh and splatter your brain against a wall.

Mein Kampf is a book.

Care to take a stab at how many people that book has killed?

Still wouldn't burn it though... read it and understand it.

It will give you a whole different idea about America's current Democratic party, for instance.

I'll even throw in a free quote from the book.

"To conquer a nation, first disarm its citizens."

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

BAN PAPER! BURN PAPER!

Once again california is ahead of the curve. They burn the trees!

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

a reply to: skunkape23

How could I be wrong? We wouldn’t keep a book from a crazy person, so why would we want to keep a gun from a crazy person? Books and guns are exactly the same!
The pen is mightier than the sword.
The typewriter can be deadly when stuffed in a pillow-case.
Brandon Lee was killed by a paper bullet.
edit on 26-3-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

All rights are equal, but apparently some rights are more equal than others.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

No , I realize now that it would be a Bad Idea . Without Free Thought , whats the Point of Existence ?

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I like books.....but I would burn every copy of "to train up a child" by Michael and Debbi pearl....several children have died from parents using the abusive techniques from this book...who knows how many children have been physically and mentally damaged it is anybodys guess..

whynottrainachild.com...
www.babble.com...

they promote blanket training...you put a baby 4 to 6 months old on a carpet or blanket and deliberately put a toy out of reach so they will go for it...when they try to crawl off you are to hit them...they recommend pvc pipe because it hurts but doesn't leave bruises, start with a skinny one and get bigger pipe as the child grows....the book said you do rounds of hitting until you break their spirit and when they walk into a room and just see the pipe sitting there they will be too terrified to misbehave.

put them to bed and NEVER let them get up...cry for the mother..hit them///// some mothers refused to do it some started and were horrified and stopped ..mr Pearl laid horrible guilt trips and told the moms they HAD to do this.

Mrs Pearl was babysitting a 15 month child and she wanted him to play with a toy..he didn't want to and he started crying.....she hit him 10 times until he played with the toy......

Mr Pearl...yes the same Mr pearl how told a woman whose husband was beating her regularly and threatened to kill her with a knife to "stop yapping about her husbands sins"

I would burn their books
edit on 26-3-2018 by research100 because: added a link

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
a reply to: JinMI

I like books.....but I would burn every copy of "to train up a child" by Michael and Debbi pearl....several children have died from parents using the abusive techniques from this book...who knows how many children have been physically and mentally damaged it is anybodys guess..

they promote blanket training...you put a baby 4 to 6 months old on a carpet or blanket and deliberately put a toy out of reach so they will go for it...when they try to crawl off you are to hit them...they recommend pvc pipe because it hurts but doesn't leave bruises, start with a skinny one and get bigger pipe as the child grows....the book said you do rounds of hitting until you break their spirit and when they walk into a room and just see the pipe sitting there they will be too terrified to misbehave.

put them to bed and NEVER let them get up...cry for the mother..hit them///// some mothers refused to do it some started and were horrified and stopped ..mr Pearl laid horrible guilt trips and told the moms they HAD to do this.

Mrs Pearl was babysitting a child and she wanted him to play with a toy..he didn't want to and he started crying.....she hit him 14 times until he played with the toy......

Mr Pearl...yes the same Mr pearl how told a woman whose husband was beating her regularly and threatened to kill her with a knife to "stop yapping about her husbands sins"

I would burn their books

Burn the people involved. Not the ink on paper.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Books don’t have bullets that rip into your flesh and splatter your brain against a wall.

However, some books have instructions on how to build a bomb from common ingredients that will rip your flesh and splatter your brain against a wall.

Yep. I read that one and learned a lot from it....But I've never built a bomb...though I know how. I've never built a chemical delay fuse...though I know how.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Same here pal, I read it when I was like eleven/twelve years old and I never would dream of putting that information to use, however, it's been a very long time and I can't even fully remember how to put it into use anyway, wasn't something my brain felt was useful for later life apparently.

If you try to ban a book then there will be people curious enough to read that book to see what the hype is all about.

Information is a drug, quick, let's start a war on that too!

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: zGrimReapah
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Same here pal, I read it when I was like eleven/twelve years old and I never would dream of putting that information to use, however, it's been a very long time and I can't even fully remember how to put it into use anyway, wasn't something my brain felt was useful for later life apparently.

If you try to ban a book then there will be people curious enough to read that book to see what the hype is all about.

Information is a drug, quick, let's start a war on that too!

It's the same with guns.

Most would never think of committing crimes with their guns.

The same that most would never think of committing crimes with bombs made from instructions from a book.

Yet people are quick to talk of banning guns. Have them talk about banning books and they actually stand firm for that Constitutionally guaranteed right.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Who here is for banning and burning books?

Not all books. Just offensive books. Books with dangerous words in them. Assault books.

There are some books that I would not allow in a library or a bookstore (and would possibly report on the Internet) ... something like a guide for pedophiles on how to have sex with babies. Or a book on how to torture and maim a small child or animals.

While I am a liberal and like to think I'm fairly tolerant, I do draw the line at some things.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Except the part major sections of the lot that want to ban guns also want to 'soft-ban' essentially every "offensive" book ever written by slapping "TRIGGER WARNING" stickers on them and indoctrinating the masses not to open anythign with such markings on them.

It's all a de facto book burning. And its been going on en masse much of this decade.

edit on 27-3-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: zGrimReapah

Sheeeeeeit.

PDF versions of every offensive book ever can surely e had right on the Internet. One could argue the entire Internet itself is one vast book chock full of highly offensive content. Kind of like my 'mail' argument, LETS BAN THE INTERNET WOOHOO!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: kaylaluv

Kayla, don't be so melodramatic. Peace, love, tranquility.

Woosah.

DBCowboy made me see the light though! When he replaced all the gun words with the word “book” in one of my posts, it all became clear! Guns and books are completely interchangeable! They are one and the same! Books are for everyone, therefore guns are for everyone.

Where is the post?? I cant find it in this thread, but I gots to see these mad madlibs!

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   
All too often, we would gladly sacrifice our freedoms for a greater sense of security. The Patriot Act is a huge hit to our freedoms for that sense of security, the police state is another as is losing our 2nd Amendment right as people are as willing as lemmings going over the cliff in their search for security. You have a better chance to win the power ball than to die to a gun in school, but our kids now are willing to give it all up and more to ensure the Government gives them their safe space that they now feel they need...

edit on 27-3-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It's just a regular display of piety. A signalling of virtue and public wringing of hands if you will.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

However, some books have instructions on how to build a bomb from common ingredients that will rip your flesh and splatter your brain against a wall.

I've blown a crater you could bury a car in with a baby-food jar and black powder when I was in was in first-grade. No book was needed.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Next, you should close the libraries, the schools and all other means of education. Those are bad! They teach the wrong things!

What we all need is more morale and ethics, which obviously can only be given by the CHURCH! The church is what we need, what our children are needing and so on and on. /s

Burning books brings back the nazis. It was a major step in Germany to it.

Burning books is not the same as banning weapons. What kind of benefit do you get from that tube of steel and some wood? Right now, what kind of benefit do you really get? Or in 10 years?

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I found a banned book by Wilhelm Reich. Yay, I remembered his name!! Took me forever.

en.wikipedia.org...

My first jazz club was named "Orgone"

I cruised the used book stores in the 60's and 70's.

Had a huge collection of weird #.

I have a US army book of french phrases circa WW1.

Eye glasses from WW2 (1943) that I wear for shoots sometimes. They are better quality than the crap we buy today.

Anyway, NO! I wouldn't burn or ban any writings.

Don't read the stuff if Ya don't want to.

edit on 3 27 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

edit on 3 27 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join