It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who here is for banning and burning books?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

A gun does not have bullets in it's original form. It takes HUMAN INTERVENTION for bullets to be added to the equation.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

People can kill people with guns = ban guns logic.

So lets follow that logic to its climax

Bombs can be shipped in mail = __________.
Stuff people can kill themselves with can be shipped in mail = __________.
Books detailing how to kill people can be shipped in mail = __________.
etc.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Most likely? It has nothing to do, with you. Just be "in a safe place" when lead and steel starts flying. Because it'll get ugly.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: DBCowboy

Books don’t have bullets that rip into your flesh and splatter your brain against a wall.

However, some books have instructions on how to build a bomb from common ingredients that will rip your flesh and splatter your brain against a wall.

And books can be shipped in the mail, so there's another reason to ban all mail.

No need just ban postmen, that way no one will go postal .

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I give up. You win. Anybody who wants a gun should have one. Annnnnyyyybbboddddyyy. Criminal? Here, have a gun! Take 2! Take 20! Mentally ill with a history of violent behavior? Here’s an arsenal for ya. Cuz... books ‘n’ stuff.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

3D Printers can print guns nowadays, if some lunatic wants one, they'll obtain one through multiple methods.

However, there should be strict laws on those diagnosed with mental illness or threats to kill, like the military, you're not allowed to join the military over here if in the last two years you've been treated for depression.

The same should be for a gun, to prevent suicide attempts as well as murder, it's not going to stop all suicides, however it's a step in the right direction to remove possible avenues of an easy out.

As a person who has suffered from severe depression, I believe if I had regular access to a firearm I wouldn't be typing this.

So it would not be a bright idea for me to be able to legally own one.

Infact this post should be enough for the law to deem me unfit to own one, being in the UK if I wanted to go out and hunt I could legally own a shotgun or a rifle if I went through the specific paper work and obtained a license from the police station, they'd make sure I had a strong box I could store that weapon in, however, as I said due to mental health issues I believe the police would not let me own a firearm of my own, this procedure should be the same in the US, however, it seems this is not the case.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I give up. You win. Anybody who wants a gun should have one. Annnnnyyyybbboddddyyy. Criminal? Here, have a gun! Take 2! Take 20! Mentally ill with a history of violent behavior? Here’s an arsenal for ya. Cuz... books ‘n’ stuff.
I agree...assuming you are being literal and not sarcastic.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: zGrimReapah

Nope. You’re wrong. Everybody has a right to have a book, therefore everybody has a right to have a gun. We should be passin’ ‘em out like candy, cuz.. inalienable rights, and books and stuff. No limitations, no restrictions. A 6-year-old wants to spend his Christmas money from Grandma on a gun? He should be able to take a bus to the nearest gun store and get a gun - no questions asked. If he can get a book, he should be able to get a gun, because they are obviously completely interchangeable.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Well , the Koran comes to Mind , and the Novels of Daniel Quentin Steele.......Ah , er , .....
edit on 26-3-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I don't agree with the protesters but defend their right to protest. The NRA has more influence than all those protesters combined so I think it will be for naught.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Yep. I’m going to buy a gun tomorrow, then I’m going to scour facebook until I find a person who posts violent stuff, saying he wants to kill a bunch of kids if he could get hold of a gun. Then, I’m gonna send that gun to him, cuz books and stuff.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

People can kill people with guns = ban guns logic.
So lets follow that logic to its climax
Bombs can be shipped in mail = __________.
Stuff people can kill themselves with can be shipped in mail = __________.
Books detailing how to kill people can be shipped in mail = __________.

But we were talking about books: Banning or burning books, presumably because they have knowledge or topics people don't like. Basically, it is banning knowledge. If you want to extrapolate that to junk mail, by all means, but I would submit you're kinda spinning out of control here into farcical content that will blunt the message. Try to focus.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

As your attorney, I would advise against that.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Yep. I’m going to buy a gun tomorrow, then I’m going to scour facebook until I find a person who posts violent stuff, saying he wants to kill a bunch of kids if he could get hold of a gun. Then, I’m gonna send that gun to him, cuz books and stuff.

No your Not ! You are Really going to Cuddle with your Cat Missy , then Drink some Yummy Hot Chocolate and go to Bed . Confess Girl !........He He......

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

How could I be wrong? We wouldn’t keep a book from a crazy person, so why would we want to keep a gun from a crazy person? Books and guns are exactly the same!

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Kayla, don't be so melodramatic. Peace, love, tranquility.

Woosah.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Kayla, don't be so melodramatic. Peace, love, tranquility.

Woosah.

DBCowboy made me see the light though! When he replaced all the gun words with the word “book” in one of my posts, it all became clear! Guns and books are completely interchangeable! They are one and the same! Books are for everyone, therefore guns are for everyone.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Fine, I give up. You win. Anybody who wants a book should have one. Annnnnyyyybbboddddyyy. Criminal? Here, have a book! Take 2! Take 20! Mentally ill with a history of violent behavior? Here’s the complete set of Twilight for ya. Cuz... gunz ‘n’ stuff.

Everything is going to be alright, Kayla.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Yep. Everything is alright now. Guns = books and books = guns.

I see the light, hallelujah!

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Okay mini-mod, I had better not catch you speaking even kind of off topic in again.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join