It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who here is for banning and burning books?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DBCowboy
As long as you treasure my book, "Fifty Shades Of Gravy".

That's a book? I thought it was your bib.

It was actually the result of my last blood test.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I can't even get through the first chapter of Fahrenheit 451 without getting pissed off.
I'm never going to be for banning information.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I did a book burning once.

Long story short: very disappointing chess tournament, six hour drive home alone in my car kicking myself over two won games that I lost, got home about 1am, put all my chess books in a pile in the yard, gallon of gas and a match.

In the long run, probably a good decision. I was taking the game way too seriously.

If I didn't laugh and joke on ATS sometimes, I'd probably wind up doing the same thing to my computers.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
The only people who claim to want to burn books are probably the politicians paid to say such things in order to get people outraged over it. Take the bait if you want.

Some just had a march this past weekend over wanting people to give up a RIGHT.

Burning books, banning guns. . . . a rose by any other name. . . . .

Giving up A right? Or demanding some measures of control are implemented.?

Demanding that we limit our rights. So you don't want to burn all of Huck Finn, just a few of the pages.

The only books I would be happy seeing burned are the Harry Potter series.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Banning books? Not so much.

Burning books? Well if I get cold enough then sure, I would burn a book.

link   

The only people who claim to want to burn books are probably the politicians paid to say such things in order to get people outraged over it. Take the bait if you want.

I don’t think that’s entirely true. They were mainly marching to fight for their inalienable right to life. There were millions of people marching all over the country, and they don’t have a hive mind. Some of them may want to ban all guns, some want to ban a specific gun, some want to increase the age that a young person can purchase a gun, some want the government to take some kind of responsibility, instead of just raising their hands in the air and saying, “not my yob, man”.

But I know you like to be a drama queen, so.... “they’re comin’ to get yer gunz!!!!!!!

link   

What is Ray Kinsella's wife in the Parent Meeting in the Gym Nasium (no relation)in the Kevin Costner vehicle: "Field of Dreams" ..

P.S. Jeopardy™ is on currently, hence the answer being in the form of a question..

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Like all things the devil is in the detail, you didn't give us the detail, so spit it out DB...and don't make a mess!

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Who here is for banning and burning books?

Not all books. Just offensive books. Books with dangerous words in them. Assault books.

I'll bet no one is. Because who is against free expression, amirite?

Free expression, free speech takes all sorts of forms. From words in print, to words online, to art, music, dance, statues, sculptures.

It is a RIGHT. It is inalienable.

Yet we find ourselves in a global debate on removing, restricting an inalienable right. So many are offended by this RIGHT. They are so upset that they want to punish people who have never done anything wrong or illegal. Many people treasure their RIGHTS. Others think that RIGHTS are given to us by government.

And what can be given, can be taken away.

We are losing our Rights because we are being convinced that we should give them up.

Our RIGHTS cannot be taken, they must be given away. And we are giving them away.

We are giving them away to the book-burners in our society. We are gladly handing over our copies of "Huck Finn" because people find it offensive.

We are being convinced that everything will be better once all the copies of "Huck Finn" are burned.

They want you to give away your freedom to choose.

So who here is a book-burner?

Ahahaha. I dunno why but assault books give the this great image of one of those books from the page master dressed Rambo style running through a library bucking grenades and dual wielding a couple of M60's....yes because he is that hardcore....

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Huck Finn really? It illustrates an accurate picture of the rural south in the late 19th century and is a great story. And Huck wasn't of a mind that he was Jim's better but he knew the society he lived in where he too was considered less. His father was in jail and he was undisciplined. But his heart was good even if he was mischievous. I don't see any problem with the story and Mark Twain / Samuel Clemmons is still one of the best. I loved Tom Sawyer too. Some people just need to masturbate more and get rid of some of that tension. You won't change history by keeping people from reading about it.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Having read the entire series and even thoroughly enjoying it at the time, looking back in retrospect I should've instead burned it to the ground. For reasons that are still unclear to me. I think I was offended.. but I also ended up watching the movie, so I dunno..

#TeamEdward

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

No they didn't. The March was anti gun violence not anti guns. You didn't listen very well if you think that. The idea was shared over and over. Not to ban guns. To employ sensible regulations. But I know I'm not going to convince any one here. Let's talk about books instead okay?

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I don’t think that’s entirely true. They were mainly marching to fight for their inalienable right to life. There were millions of people marching all over the country, and they don’t have a hive mind. Some of them may want to ban all books, some want to ban a specific book, some want to increase the age that a young person can purchase a book, some want the government to take some kind of responsibility, instead of just raising their hands in the air and saying, “not my yob, man”.

But I know you like to be a drama queen, so.... “they’re comin’ to get yer books!!!!!!!

Fixed it for you!

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I read them all too. And watched the movies and I even sing 1000 years at karaoke which always gets applause cuz that's a hard song to sing.
Just to keep balance Team Jacob. ( who is way hotter than pale faced Edward. Lol. )

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Giving up A right? Or demanding some measures of control are implemented.?

Demanding that we limit our rights. So you don't want to burn all of Huck Finn, just a few of the pages.

The only books I would be happy seeing burned are the Harry Potter series.

In the State I live in , when the first Harry Potter book came out a lot of ministers were saying it was all about witchcraft and demons . They got together and decided that the best way to approach the issue was to have their respective congregations have a book burning . The sale of Harry Potter books skyrocketed . They had to buy em to burn em . Didn't work out the way they had planned.

But no, for Dobby's sake.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Well if we are going to burn or ban books may as well start with this one.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Me too. Just need that long orange extension cord and some wet wood chips.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Books don’t have bullets that rip into your flesh and splatter your brain against a wall.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Why she doesn't have a right to her own opinion?

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: 3daysgone

Why she doesn't have a right to her own opinion?

Hilary? No. She does not have a right to her opinion.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join