It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop the world I wanna get off - Russia vs USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

What US consulate would you close in Russia, if it was up to you to decide?

The Official Twitter feed of the Russian Embassy in the USA tweeted today.

U.S. Consulate General in St. Petersburg seems to be winning.

Link: twitter.com...

Seriously, has the whole world gone mad??? Is this a joke for them?
Should I be laughing instead of being worried about what kind of world will my kids grow?

Any thoughts? Am I overreacting this tweet?

Current discussion about the U.S. decision today:

U S. To Expel 60 Russian Diplomats In Response To Nerve Agent Attack

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

I think it is time to panic.

I've just spent the day clutching my pearls, rending my clothes, sobbing uncontrollably, and bemoaning my fate.

And then I had a nice lunch.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I've just spent the day clutching my pearls, rending my clothes, sobbing uncontrollably, and bemoaning my fate.

You lush

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I feel better already, sir.

Starting to stock water and supplies seems like a pretty good idea right now.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

I feel better already, sir.

Starting to stock water and supplies seems like a pretty good idea right now.

It's always good to have a little extra in the pantry.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Another "Cold War", possibly leading to REAL WAR, because the Russians killed (or tried to kill) one of its own citizens.

The world's reaction is way out of line, considering countries kill their own citizens on a daily basis.

John McCain is probably praying daily that the Lord keep him alive long enough to see the Nukes fly.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Yeah. I guess it's a good time cheer up up those patriotic values. Before things get grim.... make fun out of everything is like a bit of denial however. Whatever rocks your nutshell

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Oh, then you should have been around when we used to hide under our school desks because of the threat of nuclear missiles from Russia and Cuba.

Good Times!

No more of a time to fear now, as was then. You can let it control you. I wouldn't. And I don't.

Back in the day, it was much easier to deal with all this stuff, because you only had one half hour of national news a night. No cable news networks. And of course, we had Walter Cronkite. And I don't remember hardly ANYONE giving an opinion on the air. It was just the facts back then.

Or at least that's the way I remember it.

And try and get away from Twitter and Facebook more often. A cesspool of misinformation and BS.
edit on 26-3-2018 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Another "Cold War", possibly leading to REAL WAR, because the Russians killed (or tried to kill) one of its own citizens.

Allegedly.
edit on 26/3/2018 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

With the list of threads here today , consider the one above this one on the list , and with a bit of luck, what we are witnessing currently is the world turning back, but going forwards from its current uni-polar state into a multi-polar state once more .
That is , where the authorities of many local jurisdictions are commonly/internationally recognised , rather than the singular authority of one particular jurisdiction . Those expelling russian diplomats , are notably assigned the name , The West . Those not expelling Russian diplomats are notably named The East . Therefore 'they' can afford to laugh . Because in reality , or what appears to be reality , 'they' are all over 'us' . So long , unipolar world , is what it looks like from here . Witha bit of luck it will smoothly disappear to the rear horizon , but there's always the threat of turbulence before any landing , hopefully in a more sensible place . What we dont want to be saying in future , is" actually , we liked psuedo liberal democracy overseen by the most favoured nation better" , and there's always the chance that'll be the case . You just got to accept that the world turns .

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Sounds like election night, minus the nice lunch stuff 😋😋😉

---
As for the OP, I laughed at the Twitter link, think about it.
edit on 26-3-2018 by Arnie123 because: Muah

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
We should not be surprised, as this dance is done time and time again. One country claims another did wrong on their territory, then diplomatic staff is demanded to leave, and things will eventually go quiet and wait. Then in time consulates will reopen. New staff brought in and the dance will reset.

However, it is amusing that Russia is trolling the US like that, asking the public to vote and then chose the consulate to close down.

Now as along as there are diplomats in those countries, there will be talks and meetings. And that is what is needed now, talks.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

And try and get away from Twitter and Facebook more often. A cesspool of misinformation and BS.

You can use social media to absorb accurate and hard-access knowledge, if you know how to use it.

Problem is, most people are just retarded. No offense to anyone.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Oh the daily dosis of bad russia again

What city would you like us to bomb first ?
New york , Batton rouge or Boulder.

This social media infested world IS retarded , no diplomacy just heading for war.

Yes old news but we're still heading towards that course...

edit on 3272018 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Yeah...there is a whole world of facebook hidden in closed groups

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

It's a tweet so the answer is obviously yes, yes you are.

The media wants you to live in fear. Don't be the medias dog.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

It's a tweet so the answer is obviously yes, yes you are.

There was a time when a tweet was just a tweet. We have a POTUS now that can start a war with a single tweet.

The media wants you to live in fear. Don't be the medias dog.

I know the U.S. media loves war and will do anything to sell their narrative to the public, but I'm talking about Russian officials making a joke about the situation.

new topics

top topics

join