It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We will be moved to 1 min till Midnight

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
US Navy's Virginia attack submarines will now fire nuclear weapons, marking dramatic shift...

The U.S. Navy is going to have its Virginia-class attack submarines be armed with nuclear warheads, marking a history shift in how the submarines are used. “While Virginia-class submarines can use conventional deterrence to keep adversaries in check, a sub-launched cruise missile with a nuclear warhead would be incorporated into Virginias and give national command authority additional escalation control,” Rear Adm. John Tammen, Director, Undersea Warfare Division, told Congress. The new weapon, part of the Trump administration's recent Nuclear Posture Review, is likely to bring a new element to the Pentagon’s current nuclear weapons deterrence posture. Currently, only the Ohio class and the emerging Columbia-class are capable of firing nuclear weapons.

This has got to stop have they forgotten what these weapons are capable of ? Russia has developed a 100 megaton Coast Killer torpedo and supposedly missiles that can not be deterred this is getting out of hand It's only a matter of time before someone hit's the button . Nuclear Weapons should be banned World Wide , We the citizens of the World are at life and death mercy from just a hand full of leaders . What if anything can be done?

Source Fox News
edit on 3/26/2018 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Yea!

Fear!

Move it to midnight # this stupidity lol.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Your link is incomplete.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Fixed

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Someone is bound to claim you're infringing on their second amendment rights to arm themselves. I'm sure

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Thanks

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
So what's everyone's plan now that we are 1 minute away from DOOM (TM) what's everyone's plan?

Nothing?

just keep consuming?

Nothing against you Gargoyle I just think it's hilarious

SF

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I wonder if this is in response to Putin's underwater drone Nuke and 'unstoppable' supersonic nuclear missile?
Seems the arms race has indeed been restarted , some people will be very happy.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I'm not even concerned about this. This is standard re-posturing at a strategic level that is done with every administration. There will be no war yet. Even if the nuclear weapons were launched, there is nothing you or I could do about it except run, pray, go crazy for about 10 minuets before the blast hits you.

NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. KEEP CALM

That whole 1 minute to midnight is BS. The DEFCON model is a lot more accurate

WE ARE STILL AT DEFCON 5

defconwarningsystem.com...

edit on 26-3-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
So what's everyone's plan now that we are 1 minute away from DOOM (TM) what's everyone's plan?

Nothing?

just keep consuming?

Nothing against you Gargoyle I just think it's hilarious

SF

I'm listening to Iron Maiden, it's fitting... but it's 1 minute till 2:45am, so I think I missed the boat

Kill for gain or shoot to maim
But we don't need a reason
The Golden Goose is on the loose
And never out of season
Blackened pride still burns inside
This shell of bloody treason
Here's my gun for a barrel of fun
For the love of living death
The killer's breed or the demon's seed
The glamour, the fortune, the pain
Go to war again, blood is freedom's stain
Don't you pray for my soul anymore

Two minutes to midnight
The hands that threaten doom
Two minutes to midnight
To kill the unborn in the womb

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

It concerns me , the 80s teaches us that mistakes can be made and first strikes can be launched , perhaps next time we won't have a Stanislav Petrov to save the world.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I hate to say this, I am a Reagan Republican, but I have been saying it since 1992.

Reagan did not win the cold war...he won a battle in the cold war. IMO, the old Soviet Union say itself losing and regrouped.. They changed strategies and tactics. They also allowed Americans to become complacent. This has put us in a position where we do not see the bigger picture...we are more concerned about the pronoun used for 5 year old Billie, and what bathroom they can choose to use at school. We care more about who wins the NCAA tourney than we are about making sure we are prepared for our enemies. We would rather "make love and not war"...reacting with feelings rather than logic. And now we are divided amongst our selves on so many fronts, that we can not come together for real discussions and decisions that need to be made. We use terms like libtard or republicucks. Governor Cuomo will go out and protest for more gun control, while surrounded by armed guards. You can't walk into a museum with out armed guards surrounding us, but nobody wants to have armed guards and teachers in school.

Being this divided, and with MSM and half our country yelling Russia, they have moved on to their next play in their strategy. They are now ramping back up the old Cold War moves.

Unless we, as a country respect each other for who we are, respect and protect the constitution...even the parts some people don't like...and we band together and collectively use our heads/logic instead of our hearts/feelings, I think we are boned.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Unless you are referring to North Korea which would launch a nuclear weapon first before anything. It would take a BIG mistake/attack to cause a country to prep their nuclear missiles on high alert. An example would be an aircraft carrier getting destroyed, a fleet of warships under attack or a missile(s) bombing a major operating base and killing thousands or an EMP, state sponsored terror attack involving a bio-weapon/dirty bomb etc.

Those are the only ways I see a "first strike" scenario taking place but it would have to be a serious large enough error to warrant such an attack in my opinion.

If a major Russian base got blown to bits and over 1,000 personnel died as a result, you might see that first strike pretty quick.
edit on 26-3-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Someone is bound to claim you're infringing on their second amendment rights to arm themselves. I'm sure

Couldn't help yourself could you?...
Silly little leftist.
Perhaps in you're little bubble you have never encountered someone who wants to harm you or take your stuff. But many of us have and most of us used a gun for protection.

Contrary to what you believe gun's save more lives in America than they take. It just doesn't get reported by whatever talking heads you watch.

You strike me as a Don Lemon kinda gal...

edit on 26-3-2018 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Just wait for daylight savings to come round that will give us another hour.....

RA

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

It would take a BIG mistake to cause a country to prep their nuclear missiles on high alert

Russia ordered the launch of their missiles in the early 80's in response to what they believed was a US attack ,lieutenant colonel Stanislav Petrov believed the reports to be a false alarm so ignored the order.

We were all nearly dead , the level head of Stanislav Petrov saved us , it happened once it can happen again , I don't want to flip that coin.
edit on 26-3-2018 by gortex because: wrong quote

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

That can happen but since we have satellite imagery/alert fighters to confirm those kinds of events, the chances of that happening have been reduced.

I would hope rumors such as this would be confirmed first before launching a response.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

No one wants a nuclear weapon.

They're too expensive and besides, I just don't have anywhere to store it.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Precision aim is required for self-defence with a firearm, a nuke would have too much collateral damage to even make sense unless we're talking zombie hoards the side of the Dallas/Ft. Worth population coming at you.

/sigh over the top as usual, SILLYolme.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Put 'Team America World Police' and 'Idiocracy' together and you have exactly what's going on in our country at the moment.

The thing is, the world is too small to go hide somewhere while these criminals destroy our lives.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join