It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's over! US now fighting in the streets of the capital of Afganistan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
After 16 years, 2,400 American lives, and $1 trillion spent, the US doesn't even control the streets around the US Embassy in Kabul.

www.cbsnews.com...
Kabul is so dangerous, American diplomats and soldiers are not allowed to use the roads. They can't just drive two miles from the airport to U.S. headquarters.

www.miamiherald.com...=cpy
The Afghan capital is now the main focus of the anti-Taliban fight, with U.S. special forces conducting raids in the sprawling city and additional American military advisers arriving to help beleaguered local police, the top U.S. commander in Afghanistan said...

When you are backed into the wall in the capital, I think we can conclude this war is lost. Time to cut our losses and go home.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

Time to cut our losses and go home
But but what about the DRUGS .

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Those "Evil Russians" tried to sincerely tell us it was a no-sum game.

Geo-Politics have changed since then but not the disgusting truth of it all.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I think we can conclude this war is lost.

Concluded that a few years ago but I think these little wars of attrition serve a purpose for the M.I.C so on they go.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It's not that we can't win a war, it's that our government doesn't care if it devolves into Chaos because we make money. All we care about in AFghanistan is propping up a puppet government and installing military bases and oil and drugs of course.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

This is a continuation of the Mccain/Graham Neo con ideology of we can be over there for a hundred years.

What is the Objective?

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I think we can conclude this war is lost.

Concluded that a few years ago but I think these little wars of attrition serve a purpose for the M.I.C so on they go.

Of course, arms and munitions get to be sold.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

But there gonna need a new enemy eventually.

It has to be someone that people can easily hate.

North Korea is that enemy. North Korea has a Nazi like ideology where Koreans are the master race while all other races are inferior. Once the MIC allow North Korea to takeover South Korea and attack Japan, their hated enemy, they'll intervene and convince the US public to attack North Korea.

Remember it was the war against Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan that allowed the MIC to become powerful.
edit on 3/26/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The war is not lost. It has never been about winning one war or another. In the eyes of those who started the war, it has been a success -- trillions of dollars shifted from taxpayers to private pockets of a handful of individuals -- that's a success.

I know this has been repeated many times, but people still don't get it, war after war after war -- it's not about winning, it's not about spreading democracy or finding freedom, it's about money.

Guess what's gonna happen next time we invent an enemy so money can be siphoned away into private hands? Nothing. People are going to be swayed by the propaganda, give in to blind nationalism and everyone will end up a turkey again.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
In reality, if 100% control of opivm went to the T-Ban, wouldn't that be a catastrophe for the US?

It goes beyond the illicit income for the intel agencies, drvgs would flood the streets of America, and all of the money would go back into the pockets of adversarial 1s1am.

If you take off the mask, America fights for the things it wants on a very basic level; cheap fuel and a good buzz.

edit on 26-3-2018 by FlyingFox because: glitchy

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Gotta keep the poppy fields safe. We can't let those evil Taliban shut off our supply of heroin.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
US deregulates pharmaceutical industry.

US invades country that has cash crop of poppy.

US has opiod abuse epidemic.

Yet to even suggest there's a relationship between any of these three facts is conspiratorial nonsense.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
why are we even there still, rebuilding shouldn't be our problem, osama is already dead and al qaeda is gone and the fragmented remnants are elsewhere. rebuilding wasn't supposed to be our purpose.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Hey guys this is good news and very bad news but for those who profit from war it will have little effect for the amount of time that will be spent finding a new enemy is going to be expedited.
I believe we are gonna be looking at some fulfilled William Cooper prophecies. It sure does line up juat about right. Soon after the US "leaked" multiple UFO videos and much talk about the Space Missions within the last month- I begin to see the stage being set for the big show. What show you may ask? i see them painting the most expensive war in the harshes theatere with their new made up "Taliban" aliens.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
They have nukes I don't think we want the Taliban to get them

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
In reality, if 100% control of opivm went to the T-Ban, wouldn't that be a catastrophe for the US?

It goes beyond the illicit income for the intel agencies, drvgs would flood the streets of America, and all of the money would go back into the pockets of adversarial 1s1am.

If you take off the mask, America fights for the things it wants on a very basic level; cheap fuel and a good buzz.

Umm... just one issue with your post.

drvgs would flood the streets of America

What do you think is already happening? There is not Much that could happen that would increase drug use. Even full legalization can lower drug use (of harder "bad" drugs).

You are right though, the money wouldn't go to intel black ops.

What should happen is full legalization, of heroin, meth, pretty much everything.

Except there are some drugs out there of course which should not exist, like scopalamine (or whatever the drug is where people voluntarily do whatever you say. Many tourists in S. America have emptied their bank accounts for total strangers who laced a drink or whatever), adrenachrome, sh# like that.

But all the main drugs, like cannabis, meth, coc aine, heroin, mushrooms, '___', extacy, etcetera, etcetera... the people who Want to use these drugs, Are using these drugs. And a lot of times, people try it and get into it, JUST because they are not supposed to. Let's take away the mistique and "cool" edginess. Let's take away this as an option for a rebellious teen to express their rebellious spirit.

So, if people realized that, if we legalized everything, the ONLY major change would be that those BILLIONS of dollars each month would go towards infrastructure projects, paying the national debt, and a massive education campaign to combat ignorance about drugs, and also treatment for those who want off.

There's a lot you can do when you have extra billions to spend every month. Just ask the mexican cartels.

Of course they wont be happy about this, so, the war on drugs would immediately end and the war on terror would begin...

You thought Islamic extremism was bad? These criminals have been saving up money for decades, billions of dollars, invested through front companies and washed clean, and invested in legitimate stocks, bonds, etc to grow that money. And then, on top of that, there are just random shipping containers buried here and there, packed full of currency.

They can bribe anyone. If you wont take the million dollars as a politician and keep drugs illegal, then someone else will happily accept that million to do something horrible to you and your family. Heck they would do it for half a mil, so then you could hire two seperate people/teams to do even more damage to your life.

This is one of the biggest national security threats in my opinion. The cartels already infiltrated all over in the US, with both street gangs, AND "legitimate" moles working in law enforcement, politics, clerical government positions...

I call them the ISIS of the South, but, that may be too tame of a description.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Ah, we just need a good old fashioned GWB style "troop surge" and that should fix everything in no time!

I'm starting to think GWBs "Mission Accomplished" party with the gigantic expensive banner was in celebration of achieving a permanent presence in Afghanistan/M.E.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Taliban = CIA

Once you take that for granted, things seem more clear.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Not quite, It was the taliban that shut down the poppy fields before the war started.
I think it’s Al Qauda your thinking of.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

edit on 26-3-2018 by surfer_soul because: Dp

top topics

<<   2 >>

join