It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Martian Oddity Photographed by Curiosity on Sol 1185

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Couple more from Sol 2003:
Roots...

... or maybe the little holes at the bottom far right indicate that we're talking about coral or fossilized worm holes:

Or rocks.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Been looking for my hubcap!

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Could you imagine how much funding NASA would get if they just got on TV and said to us.... There is a LOT of weird stuff turning up on these photos the rovers are taking and we need to send some people to check it out.

They would get more money from donations than congress would ever just hand them.
edit on 27-3-2018 by Zimnydran because: Cause i cant spell

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
There is also another oddity look in the lower right hand corner of the original photo . Looks like they might fit together ..

Also another of different material that looks like a ball, just above the indicator box and little right of center. This ball shaped object and the one in the lower right corner seem to look like the same material.

ETA: The small ball shaped object (above, right of center of indicator box) looks to be about the same size as the hole in the primary object. It looks almost like it would fit together as a joint of some kind. If the ball is flat on the bottom (which we can't see), the oval piece in the lower right corner could fit on top making something like a ball joint (I know it's a stretch). I wonder if there are other pieces laying around?

Cheers - Dave

The first piece looks like a toilet flush handle, or an artificial hip joint, and the ball/sphere shape is a ball joint or a valve...

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

You are right. It does stick out like a sore thumb which makes me wonder how anyone at NASA reviewing these images would ever miss it. What if the image has been doctored as part of a disturbed inside joke by those at NASA to give the "conspiracy crew" something to talk about for a few weeks?

I don't know mate. I've seen so many images posted over the years that none of us know if any of what we see is actually real or not.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Reminds me of a toy I had as a kid. You held the first object as it is laying in your hand by the stem . A ball was connected to a string to the handle. The purpose was to flip the ball up and catch it in the cup...

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Gotta say, this is a "Mars rock" thread with some veeery interestin' rocks... rocks that sure as heck do look like fossils.

Good work.

Sure wish I knew if the conjecture and rumors are true, but there are certainly more than a couple legitimately unexpected things on Mars (safe statement).

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
soooooo...you guys don't seem to understand that these Mars missions are filmed in the deserts of America. a few international ones too...stop wasting your time looking at desert geology thinking it is Mars. NO ONE and no device or rover has ever been to Mars, nor will they or anyone ever step foot on Mars. VAN ALLEN RADIATION BELT MAKES IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR ANYTHING TO PASS THROUGH IT W/O BEING OBLITERATED!!!!! NASA DOES NOTHING IN SPACE. NOTHING.

lh3.googleusercontent.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DawnatillaTheHun
soooooo...you guys don't seem to understand that these Mars missions are filmed in the deserts of America. a few international ones too...stop wasting your time looking at desert geology thinking it is Mars. NO ONE and no device or rover has ever been to Mars, nor will they or anyone ever step foot on Mars. VAN ALLEN RADIATION BELT MAKES IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR ANYTHING TO PASS THROUGH IT W/O BEING OBLITERATED!!!!! NASA DOES NOTHING IN SPACE. NOTHING.

lh3.googleusercontent.com...

That is ridiculous and not substantiated by actual science.. Just one entry level space science course will show you why you are incorrect.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
It's been determined that as long as a space probe, or manned space vehicle, passes quickly through the VanAllen radiation belts, detrimental levels of radiation are not received.

The sort of mammoth, decades-long plan of deception that is implied would have to involve not only NASA, but other nation's space agencies around the world. It would also have to take in a multitude of independent scientists, all willing to lie or support scientific fraud by their silence. Not even one 'whistle-blower' could exist, or the whole alleged scheme would unravel.

And what would be the reason for such deception? If radiation from the Van Allen belts had proved to be a much more serious barrier than it turned out to be, it could have been overcome. Launching Lunar and planetary missions from high latitudes, where the radiation from the belts is negligible could have solved the problem.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Here's a ring embedded in a rock:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join