Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

2004 Presidential Elections.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I know the Presidential Elections are coming up soon, Who is running and who do you think will win and why? Also, who do you want to win and why?

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Bush, by a landslide. Why? The Democrats nor the Independents have a viable enough candidate to beat him.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 2-7-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Not 100% sure that Bush will be there.

Strange planet at the moment.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Not 100% sure that Bush will be there.

Strange planet at the moment.

Meaning?

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:22 PM
link   
No science.

Intuition, gut feel.

I am OK so far on my sweepstakes entry for dead Beatles.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I dont think Bush will win re-election to tell you the truth.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Bush, because more terror happens. there will be something major happening, he'll claim it unsafe to hold elections.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 02:30 AM
link   
A clever angle, Grommer.

Would you live with that, or demand your constitutional right?

* I did not mean to extend constitutional rights to EU ATS hypothesisers, no matter how well informed, given that neither I nor the friendly Grommer will be voting in 2004 *

[Edited on 2-7-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 02:39 AM
link   
well actually I'm a US citizen living overseas!

hell no I wouldnt live with that. My guess is that it's going to be much bigger. Bigger to the point that Marshall Law will happen, then he'll say it's too unsafe to hold elections. It'll keep the entire populace so scared they wont notice they're being raped of their freedoms. it's happened hundreds of times throughout history. chances are it wont even be real terrorists that do it either.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 07:00 AM
link   
As was mentioned, there isn't a viable Democratic candidate right now. Also, at this moment, if you were to ask the average American on the street, I'd wager they couldn't name a single Democratic candidate right now (maybe like 1 in 50 could)... I'd like to see Graham win, but it won't happen. He was an excellent governor and senator, but isn't really that known outside our state, so he hasn't got a prayer.....

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
nor the Independents have a viable enough candidate to beat him.

The Independents ? Who are they ? And what are their side ? Left or right ?

Sorry for these questions, but I never heard anything about them.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix

They run the gammet. Some are left some right. Since they are independent they vary on their views from topic to topic. They are not a real "party" per say but rather the group of voters who decide on a candidate by attributes rather than party. Most people in the US are independent in one way or another. Most just lean more Democrat or Republican. I have voted for both parties, I just decide by who I think will do the best job and is more in line with my personal political system.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 07:37 AM
link   
it will be bush in 04 for the reasons mentioned above. there are so many candidates running for the democratic nomination what was the last count? i think it was somewhere around 9. and we all know that if Al Sharpton doesn't get the democratic nod he'll run independent, thus taking all of the African American vote away from the democratic nominee, kind of like Perot in 92. he's a spoiler. but i've been religiously sending Tom Daschle letters of support for him to run for president in 04, then we'd be rid of him here in south dakota, we have a law here that you can only run for one office at a time, so if he ran for president he couldn't run for senator too.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Bush will win for sure. There'll be another "terra" attack and the people will feel that Bush will protect them. They'll forget all the issues and worry about this imaginary war on "terra". There's also the possiblity that there will be a new war around election time too.

Besides all that, the candidate with the most campaign funds always wins. Bush is going to have the most money by far. We all know why.

The Democratic candidates really aren't good enough to win anway, and there's too many of them. The only one that I think really has the slightest chance of winning is Kerry.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The 'real' Democratic heavyweights have all stayed out of this one, hoping to run in 2008 instead. In fact, some democrats were getting mad at Hillary Clinton for saying that she WOULD consider a run in 2008, as this implied that the Dems would lose for sure in 2004.

In 2008 the Democrats won't have to run against an incumbent President (Cheney will either be dead or cybernetic by then), so they will have much better chances at that time.... provided that they still have the same 'base' that they do now, which isn't necessarily so.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   
His ideas are strong, his stance is moderate and he stands for the peoples interest not the corporate weenies interest.

Kerry also seems like a strong candidate, maybe these 2 together would make a strong ticket.

Gephart/Kerry in 2004!!! People First!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix

Independents would be like ROss Perot (sp) and folks like that.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 14-7-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Ralph nader will take it all.

lmao

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Of the surveys I've heard/read, those who get their news from TV will vote for bush. However... an overwhelming number of people get their news from the internet and the survey says they won't vote for him again.

Bush is a ONE TERMER!!!!

By the way, I was for Bush cleaning up the Saddam mess. I'm not a republican. I didn't vote for Bush and don't like what he and his cronies are doing to our planet.

Put the Planet first,eom

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Yep, thats true....your excluding one thing though.
The internet makes up a world-wide audience...and those 'other than Americans' will have no 'vote'.

Internet polls are cool in that respect, eh?

regards
seekerof

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join