It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does It Really Make Sense To Militarize Schools?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Gothmog
Why not National Guard ? Basically , it is their job to protect the citizens of this country. In fact , the only military units that is able to be deployed in the US.
Know why ? They are under the command of the State's Governor and not the Federal Government.
In fact , in the case of battling an insane murderer with a weapon , I am bettin the farm on a few National Guard over a slew of police officers any day.
Done
Next

Because the National Guard isn't educated highly enough to teach. Hell, most teachers aren't educated enough but we cut pay and as a result had to cut standards.

Uhhhh......they would not be there to teach..DUH
Could they not take the place of the school resources (off-duty police officers) ?
And contrary to popular theory , it would not be militarization ...
Think...
Or not
I care not one way or another (unless it is a reply to my post)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   
It is funny if you go back a few decades there were gun clubs at schools. Just about every pickup truck had a gun rack with a gun in the back window...etc etc... What has happen is the gun has been criminalized and now any thought of one is a criminal act. If you do not believe me walk down the street with a rifle on your shoulder and see how long before a cop stops to talk to you, and then tell you are upsetting people and need to leave.

Where I work you need a card for entry and there is a guard desk, so I can't say that is Militarize in anyway. Go into a bank or any number of businesses and see the same. So all we talk about is guns...Not mental health, not bullying, not cops, not your 2nd of personal protection, not securing schools...just guns.

Giving teachers the right to bear arms and you do not need a single teacher to take that right and the thought is still there for anyone wanting to go into a school to do harm. Just the idea that it could be is a huge deterrent compared to a gun free zone.

I said in a post years ago, have everyone put a gun free zone sign on their front yard, and I'll put a sign that says guns will be used in the need of protection and see whose houses get robbed and it doesn't matter whether I have guns or not.

This is all silly, secure the schools, stop bullying, identify the mentally ill, and let those teachers who want to carry and are competent to carry allowed to carry and then see how many sick people would be willing to enter a school to do any harm.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Could they not take the place of the school resources (off-duty police officers) ?
Think...
Or not

A lot of ex military go into education... BTW the big problem is who pays for all that protection? States can't even afford to get the student/teacher radios down to good levels much less pay for protection. Arm capable teachers and just the thought that it is not a gun free zone will stop the vast majority of these sickos from acting out.
edit on 27-3-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

That's the most "dumb as a bag of crap" post i've seen in ages. I'll remember you're an idiot. Such information is valuable.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Think...
Or not

A lot of ex military go into education... BTW the big problem is who pays for all that protection? States can't even afford to get the student/teacher radios down to good levels much less pay for protection. Arm capable teachers and just the thought that it is not a gun free zone will stop the vast majority of these sickos from acting out.

I did not say one word about the National Guard teaching except in response to the comment that most National Guard was not qualified to teach. I think a lot of em already are. That may well be their primary job as you only have to report into your guard unit once every 3(?) months for a weekend...
The National Guard already gets paid. So does the Police School Resources by the State Government. What is the difference ?

edit on 3/27/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
I have started writing “no one is comming to get the guns” as a disclaimer, but I can’t say it has helped much lol. They still drag the discussion to confiscation always.

Fixed that for you. I've put your disclaimer into my posts before. It doesn't help. People will literally tell me that I'm for gun confiscation literally minutes after telling them that I support the right to own guns but just want more responsible gun control laws implemented.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Well, if you want to make more profits selling guns it makes perfect sense. Or if you have some kind of motive (usually financial) to help those who want that. It works very similar to the so-called "War on Terror" or increased so-called "security" expenditures (or intelligence, such as more money, budget for the CIA).

This ex-CIA agent still believes or likes to pretend it's not on purpose (or by design, the design of the military industrial complexes around the world who profit from the so-called "War on Terror") and out of "ignorance" (as he mentions at 9:20, they're not ignorant of what they're dong or what effect it was gonna have, knowing the effect as described in the title is the whole reason they're doing it that way, so they and their bosses can profit from the "War on Terror"):

It's not a coincidence or an accidental unintended side-effect of a poorly chosen policy (as implied by the way the ex CIA agent above talks about it):

They know what they're doing and there is a plan, it's working great because it's just too easy to radicalize muslims because of the teachings of Islam and the Quran; all you need to do is apply some pressure and give them a target to hate, then subject them to Islamic extremist propaganda, usually coming from Imams (and give the latter privileges in jail for example so that the other prisoners who haven't been radicalized yet have an incentive to start wanting the same privileges and preferential treatment as well as 'holy hero' status amongst the other prisoners):

edit on 27-3-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Has it been tried yet?

Like the WALL?

Um yes... In Texas... That was what we were talking about. Did you not read my post?

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Let's speak sooth here and look at the real intent of this effort. IF the Dems achieved a legislative majority and won the Presidency, it would be shot down by the Supreme Court. If a couple more Conservative members of that court suddenly died, cough, cough, and it ended up 'validated' at that level, various states would nullify it as unconstitutional, anyways. Perhaps even a majority of states.

The Democrats know this. I's not their intent. It is a last gasp attempt to garner votes by a party without a platform. Without credible leadership via a MSM that promotes this triggering, largely with children who's brain cells have not yet realized they should be connected to each other.

That's all this is. No more.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

No.....unless your objective is to get kids used to a police state.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Why not National Guard ? Basically , it is their job to protect the citizens of this country. In fact , the only military units that is able to be deployed in the US.
Know why ? They are under the command of the State's Governor and not the Federal Government.
In fact , in the case of battling an insane murderer with a weapon , I am bettin the farm on a few National Guard over a slew of police officers any day.
Done
Next

Because the National Guard isn't educated highly enough to teach. Hell, most teachers aren't educated enough but we cut pay and as a result had to cut standards.

Think...
Or not

Oh, so you want schools that can't even afford books and chalk to find the money for a bunch of armed guards?

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

They have to fabricate a bad guy where one doesn’t exist.

The shear stupidity required to allow yourself to be played like that is mind boggling.

I assume the real reason they always go confiscation is because there is no logical argument against better registration and stopping the sale of newly manufactured assault rifles..

edit on 27-3-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I really hate it. To me, it's just stubbornness and unwillingness to be open minded about your opinions. It's also rude to shut down a conversation like that with someone who is talking to you in good faith or non-antagonistically. I get into more fights on ATS with jackasses who can't take critical gun control arguments without getting insanely offended by the simple fact they are being discussed then any other topic on ATS. To be honest, I try to avoid them as a matter of principle.
edit on 27-3-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I've started to believe a lot of it stems from people who have few job prospects and deep down, want to turn their love of guns and hero fetish into a paying gig.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

The National guard likely won’t help because it is not some adult terrorist who can be easily identified who will be charging the school..

It will be one of the students there..

One of the students who knows the layout and security officers.

Someone who no one will look at twice as he enters the building.. because he will be recognized as a student enrolled in that school.

The only real chance we have to stop school shootings is to increase the number of people trained to identify those with the potential to snap before hand. Then some kind of system to monitor and maybe disarm those with the highest probability of attacking..

School shooters are not looking through the phone book for the school with the least security.. they are going after a specific target they feel wronged them and are planning on dying. So how hardened the school is is irrelevant.

If they use a handgun they can conceal. No one knows they are a shooter until they start killing people.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

No matter your job everyone wants to be a hero.. atleast most people..

Michael Moore’s old gun documentary didn’t come to the conclusion that guns were the problem...

It comes to the conclusion that the media scares the hell out of people as clickbait..

The average burglar is not some rapey serial killer.. it is the kids from 2 doors down trying to snag a pack of smokes out of the carton you keep..

The number of times when a stranger is out to kill you is super super small..

Moore’s documentary compares us to Canada where everyone has guns there, but since their media doesn’t overhype violent crime. Everyone actually confirms a threat before they shoot.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

The thing is they have crafted a fantasy world where their argument is the logical one...

If there really is a super secret leftist illuminati trying to destroy America because??? Idk the motivations for these things is always super cheesy like, “for control” lol..

Then it makes sense that the fbi , cia, media, scientists, exc, exc, exc... are risking their jobs and freedom to frame trump.

It’s not until you actually try and imagine the logistics required to get all those random individuals to play ball where it really falls apart..

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

The thing is they have crafted a fantasy world where their argument is the logical one...

If there really is a super secret leftist illuminati trying to destroy America because??? Idk the motivations for these things is always super cheesy like, “for control” lol..

I know right? It's always so vague. At least Christians have a reason to fear things like this through fearing the Book of Revelation (though that argument is rather weak too), but most of these people have just spun up this grand conspiracy but there is no end game. Like why would these people who are supposedly trying to control the populace even need to change the status quo? Technology has gone a LONG way to pacify the populace as it is AND we still have access to guns. Even the hot air bloviators who say they'll fight the government just sit in a computer chair and talk a big game.

Then it makes sense that the fbi , cia, media, scientists, exc, exc, exc... are risking their jobs and freedom to frame trump.

It’s not until you actually try and imagine the logistics required to get all those random individuals to play ball where it really falls apart..

The problem is that logic was never a strong suit for these people to begin with. Ever sit and think about the logic needed in order for the 9/11 conspiracy to be true? It's grade A headache inducing mental gymnastics.
edit on 27-3-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

I don’t know how you think those things are profitable..

Your forgetting to factor in all the money to orcastrate and maintain those conspiracies.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I don't know. I think it's a very normal thing for people to want to be a superstar at their job, I think it's an abnormal thing for people to want to monetize a hero fetish. I think that if more people had better career opportunities, we would see a lot fewer people fighting so hard for what amounts to a dead end career.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join