It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does It Really Make Sense To Militarize Schools?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: NobodiesNormal
a reply to: Krazysh0t

even politico admits the texas schools participating in the program have not had any shootings since,.
www.politico.com...

Yeah, you clearly didn't read that article and only linked it after reading the title and the source name:

But its backers insist it’s been effective, pointing to the lack of active shooter assaults at schools in the state, though there's no research or concrete evidence to make the case.

edit on 26-3-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

your highlighted line is nothing but an opinion, there has been plenty of evidence but just what politico personally classifies as concrete evidence is nothing more then based on their own opinions. theirs is one that anyone would expect from politico considering they have long been anti 2nd amendment,

the way you cling to the supreme court ruling over the 2nd like its some kind of evidence, the court ruled only on if it was accurate to interpret the 2nd in that way, they ruled indeed it is accurate. this does not mean the 2nd became about gun rights when they made that ruling. no.
what it means is the 2nd has ALWAYS been about gun rights and that is now on official record as of that ruling.

the way you twist things to fit your agenda like that just illustrates what a waste of time it is trying to inform you. it is clear your bias will over rule any facts presented to you. i am not wasting any more of my time on you. i have presented plenty of evidence to illustrate what a waste of time the topic of this thread is, you literally could SAVE LIVES many many more lives if you refocused your efforts to heart disease or automobiles or any of the other many many killers in our country that take more lives then guns.
i demonstrated some perfect examples of all that in the post you ignored cause it had statistics. the gun control advocates greatest enemy. facts.

have fun carrying on with your fear mongering ranting and raving, no one is taking you seriously. that wont change,

edit on 26-3-2018 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

you highlighted line is nothing but an opinion, one that anyone would expect from politico considering they have long been anti 2nd am,endment,

Um no... There either is or isn't research corroborating that claim. That is a factual statement that you can prove or disprove by producing the research the statement claims doesn't exist. Perhaps you should brush up on the definition of "opinion"?

trhe way yoiyu cliung to the supreme court ruling over the 2nd like its some kind of evidence, the court ruled only on if it was accurate to interpret the 2nd in that way, they ruled indeed it is accurate. this does not mean the 2nd became about gun rights when they made that ruling. no.
what it means is the 2nd has ALWAYS been about gun rights and that is official record as of that ruling.

Yeah. Forgive me for using the opinion of the branch of government intended to interpret the Constitution and laws. Where EVER would I get such a ridiculous idea? /sarc

the way you twist things to fit your agenda like that just illustrates what a waste of time it is trying to inform you. it is clear your bias will over rule any facts presented to you. i am not wasting any more of my time on you. i have presented plenty of evidence to illustrate what a waste of time the topic of this thread is, you literally could SAVE LIVES many many more lives if you refocused your efforts to heart disease or automobiles or any of the other many many killers in our country that take more lives then guns.

Lol. I haven't twisted anything. The ruling happened in 2008 whether you like it or not. You can gnash your teeth at me all you want for repeating it, but it doesn't make the time frame go away. Up until that ruling the 2nd was never intended to protect gun ownership.

Also, you haven't proven that arming teachers would save lives. Your ONE source you posted talking about it admits that no research exists to prove that this policy even works.

i demonstrated some perfect examples of all that in the post you ignored cause it had statistics. the gun control advocates greatest enemy. facts.

have fun carrying on with your fear mongering ranting and raving, no one is taking you seriously. that wont change,

Lol. Fearmongering and ranting and raving? This coming from the guy who says that the only reason someone would want to implement gun control is because they want the government to control their lives and there are NO possible other reasons why Americans could want to curb accessibility to guns.
edit on 26-3-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: howtonhawky
I almost forgot....no
We almost forgot....

Yeah except Nazis did no such thing.
www.politifact.com...

That is correct and the image above is nothing more than propaganda perpetuated at the ignorant.

It's getting beyond annoying that the right and the NRA has to constantly employ this idea that the government wants to come for your guns JUST because Americans have decided they want more gun control from their government.

There are many reasons/factors behind that and how it relates to the Right Wing, but it all begins with a paranoid mindset and a persecution complex.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I almost forgot....no
We almost forgot....

www.politifact.com...

That is correct and the image above is nothing more than propaganda perpetuated at the ignorant.

It's getting beyond annoying that the right and the NRA has to constantly employ this idea that the government wants to come for your guns JUST because Americans have decided they want more gun control from their government.

There are many reasons/factors behind that and how it relates to the Right Wing, but it all begins with a paranoid mindset and a persecution complex.

Yeah. That's true. Too many people pretend like they are being persecuted when they wouldn't know persecution if it slapped them in the face, and many of them are influenced by right wing talking points.

I'm really getting disgusted by it lately because its causing these people to literally call teenagers who survived a school shooting nazis and state actors. Any person who has a message that resonates with the public because of their identity has to be torn down and destroyed. It's really getting out of hand.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Clowns act as if no one is trying to push to ban guns.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I almost forgot....no
We almost forgot....

www.politifact.com...

So the Jews and their political enemies are ok then? I guess that as long as you are not the targeted group then this all ok. smh that article was playing semantics with the 6 million Jews who were murdered.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Nope. It is when we began building schools that resembled prisons that these incidents started happening. The more you put controls on people the more they are going to go bonkers. We have numerous psychological studies that highlight that point. I don't know why we continue to ignore that aspect when we discuss these issues.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Saiker

I agree , but think it is a law of supply and demand thing..

Guns are so cheap and available they become disposable commodities.

People don’t lock them up or treat them with the respect they deserve because “I can always just buy another one..”

If we stopped selling newly manufactured guns (Which ain’t gonna happen) they would become collectibles, family heirlooms and prized possessions.. the kinda thing you lock up and ask questions before selling them..

The gun becomes with more than the till at the gas station.. so they sell the gun instead of robbing the place.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

So you have to ask yourself, in the grand scheme of things, why the focus on guns? It's pretty simple.:
Taking away guns gives control to governments.

This argument is so ignorant (and not to mention arrogant). Why can't people just want to limit gun access because guns kill people? Your wall of text of unsourced statistics doesn't magically make people comfortable at night that guns are safe and that they are safe from people using them against them.

The idea that the ONLY reason people want to limit gun usage is because of government control is #ing boneheaded and not to mention insulting. There are TONS of people who support gun control but also support the right to own guns. If you can't even be bothered to have a real conversation about guns, then maybe we should just write you out of the conversation altogether?

The founders of this nation knew that regardless of the form of government, those in power may become corrupt and seek to rule as the British did by trying to disarm the populace of the colonies. It is not difficult to understand that a disarmed populace is a controlled populace.

Thus, the second amendment was proudly and boldly included in the U.S. Constitution. It must be preserved at all costs.

This is malakary, If you ACTUALLY cared about the history of this amendment and not just a desire to repeat NRA talking points, you'd know that the Supreme Court didn't even recognize that the 2nd Amendment guaranteed the right to own a gun until 2008.

That would, because it was already understood, until then, it was implied and understood. Every able body citizen was in the militia, and still are, so there by default is ones "right". Then along comes these power hungry, dim witted politicians who thought they were gods, and were proven wrong. People who want to disarm citizens only want control, nothing more and nothing less. Why people refuse to look at history regarding what happens when people who have no way to defend themselves end up against a government. They end up dead. Soviet Union, China, Cuba etc.

If people truly believe this bull# that they spew put your money where your mouth is and go to one of those Utopian paradises.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Bingo.. and the point that must be hammered home....

Liberals will make the hypothetical argument that if a genie wished all the guns away. We would be safer..

Well ain’t no F’n genies, so that is what’s known as mental masterbation....

Mental masterbation that is later twisted into “proof” the leftists are comming to take the guns!”...

I have started writing “no one is comming to get the guns” as a disclaimer, but I can’t say it has helped much lol. They still drag the discussion to confiscation usually.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

500,000 people REPORTED brandishing a gun saved their lives.. we have no way to know how many of those were actually in mortal danger..

I would love to have a genie to actually know.. I bet the real number is miniscule.

Almost all the robberies stoped by brandishing a weapon wouldn’t have ended in Murder..

How many of those are instances where people shot/aimed at intruders who would have ran if they knew the dwelling was occupied???

When you actually whittle the number down to those who were actually in danger. I would bet it super, super rare..

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimmley

I almost forgot....no
We almost forgot....

www.politifact.com...

So the Jews and their political enemies are ok then? I guess that as long as you are not the targeted group then this all ok. smh that article was playing semantics with the 6 million Jews who were murdered.

No it was being factual, state sponsored violence along with mass support from the population was the reasons for ethnic and political cleansing, the Nazis and their supporters simply had more.
www.politifact.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Why not National Guard ? Basically , it is their job to protect the citizens of this country. In fact , the only military units that is able to be deployed in the US.
Know why ? They are under the command of the State's Governor and not the Federal Government.
In fact , in the case of battling an insane murderer with a weapon , I am bettin the farm on a few National Guard over a slew of police officers any day.
Done
Next

Because the National Guard isn't educated highly enough to teach. Hell, most teachers aren't educated enough but we cut pay and as a result had to cut standards.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
Allowing teachers to arm is smart, making everyone arm is not...the unknown is powerful. Liberal teachers might not be smart enough to STFU and tell the students which teachers have guns and which ones do not, because they are educated and know better

If anyone wants to kill, they will kill

If some guns are good, then more must be better right? Or do you just want to have a gun in order to have power over a bunch of unarmed people?

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
Nothing militaristic about any of them. Tradition, family tradition. Civilian tradition. A Constitutional tradition.

You don't see how turning teachers into soldiers is militaristic?

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

texas has already been doing it for years, dont have any school shootings there.

Texas recently had a mass shooting in a church. A couple years before that it was a mass shooting on a military base.

Texas has had plenty of these incidents.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Did arming our pilots turn them into something other than 'pilots'?

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

you highlighted line is nothing but an opinion, one that anyone would expect from politico considering they have long been anti 2nd am,endment,

Um no... There either is or isn't research corroborating that claim. That is a factual statement that you can prove or disprove by producing the research the statement claims doesn't exist. Perhaps you should brush up on the definition of "opinion"?

trhe way yoiyu cliung to the supreme court ruling over the 2nd like its some kind of evidence, the court ruled only on if it was accurate to interpret the 2nd in that way, they ruled indeed it is accurate. this does not mean the 2nd became about gun rights when they made that ruling. no.
what it means is the 2nd has ALWAYS been about gun rights and that is official record as of that ruling.

Yeah. Forgive me for using the opinion of the branch of government intended to interpret the Constitution and laws. Where EVER would I get such a ridiculous idea? /sarc

Lol. I haven't twisted anything. The ruling happened in 2008 whether you like it or not. You can gnash your teeth at me all you want for repeating it, but it doesn't make the time frame go away. Up until that ruling the 2nd was never intended to protect gun ownership.

Also, you haven't proven that arming teachers would save lives. Your ONE source you posted talking about it admits that no research exists to prove that this policy even works.

Lol. Fearmongering and ranting and raving? This coming from the guy who says that the only reason someone would want to implement gun control is because they want the government to control their lives and there are NO possible other reasons why Americans could want to curb accessibility to guns.

Has it been tried yet?

Like the WALL?

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: nwtrucker
Nothing militaristic about any of them. Tradition, family tradition. Civilian tradition. A Constitutional tradition.

You don't see how turning teachers into soldiers is militaristic?

Who cares except commie takeovers?

None of you idiots care about kids.

Stop the idiot before he gets in.

If he gets in, then stop him there.

With extreme prejudice.

Idiots.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join