It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US school shootings - Schools are SAFEST place in America, BY FAR!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:46 AM
link   
This is being posted in the conspiracies section because my research has shown that the story that the media is spreading and the lies told by the politicians are so untrue and nonfactual that this can be nothing other than a conspiracy whether an outright deliberate attack on the 2nd amendment or a conspiracy of ignorance and stupidity.

So the previous thread I created looking at the numbers of school shootings really opened my eyes to what the media has been doing in instigating hype about school shootings.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I compared the schools against the top 25 most dangerous cities and then wondered how the statistics would stack up against the safest cities (both large and small) and a general listing of all cities that report crime stats and it is very interesting and disturbing (as it relates to the media reporting/non-reporting of the facts).

en.wikipedia.org...

The above page lists US crime stats per city as per FBI crime stats for 2015. They list murder stats by population of 100,000 people, so if it lists 8 people in a city of 450,000. that means 4.5 x 8 = 36 murders in the city. I made a spread sheet of the list, created the multiplication factor of the statistic (which in the 450,000 population, the factor is 4.5) and then multiplied that by the murder rate - giving the total number of murders for the city. I checked a number of cities individually and they all came out to the number I came to by my method. There are 83 cities listed.

The total population for the list is 61,139,800 people with a total number of 6,307 murders. If we reduce the 61 million to 100,000 people, that is 611.4 groups of 100,000 people (61.140 million / 100,000). The murders of 6,307 / 611.4 = 10.31 murders per 100K people (avg US city murder rate /100K).

In my previous post (first link in thread) I noted that the murder rate in US schools is 1 in 3,786,000 people. With a murder rate of 10.31 (avg US city murder rate/100K) the multiple factor of 37.86 (3.786 million/100K) = 390 expected murders to the actual 1 murder in the US school system - that is a 390:1 ratio of average US murders in cities to Murders in US schools by equal numbers of population.

Now if you want to look at the SAFEST cities/town in the US, that is a little harder. Many town of 10,00 - 100,000 people have no murders and that allows them to be put on the "safest" list. One City/town could be #1 many years in a row and then drop off the list the next year. That is because they have a murder. A town of 100,000 people would have to go 37.86 years without a murder to be as safe as the students in US schools, and that has not happened. A town of 10,000 people would have to go 378.6 years w/o a murder to be as safe as the US students in schools. I hope you see how this math is done (it'd get too long to spell it out now). So, when a city suddenly disappears from the list or gets added, it is because they have a change in their murder and/or violent crime that year. It only takes a little searching to look back a few years for the top safest cities to see they had a murder a few years back and that puts them WELL behind the US school system for safety.

Now I'm sure that there are some tiny towns or berg's that may never had a murder but they have not been in existence long enough to equal the population years per capita to equal the 3.78 million years of the statistical average per killing of US student. Even extremely safe tiny island nations such as Aruba, Bermuda etc have higher murder rates than US school systems.

It is apparent that there is an overt and calculated "mission" to make students feel unsafe in their own schools and the media is doing everything in their power to reinforce this narrative. They have sought out one of the most, if not the most, popular firearm in America and have tried to demonize the owners and those who support it's ownership. IDK what else need be shown to illuminate the fact that there are ulterior motives behind the reporting and it is clear that it isn't about "the numbers" nor is it about child safety.

Please give your opinions on my methodology and if you have not read my previous thread I suggest you read it to get a more full view of this research. If there are any angles you can see or would like to see researched pertaining to this issue, I am open to your comments. I am in the process of researching violence/murder in other countries as it relates to guns and banning various firearms but that is a much more difficult topic to nail down as the data points are so scattered if there are proper data points at all. I look forward to the responses!

It's no secret that the democrats have been pushing gun control since the sun rose in the east & set in the west and even a vice president has made up LIES to further this agenda by claiming first hand "knowledge/witnessing-hearing" of a school massacre - thus bringing it back into the headlines. Here is an article where he tries to frighten "quiet, small town America" by referencing a specific shooting and his being close enough to hear it!!!

Now if he was golfing when he heard the shots, there is no course closer than 6 miles and I doubt he was golfing (as noted by his assistent when questioned) there (or even the second closest one @ 10 miles). The point of this is to show how they use every opportunity to weave lies into their statements and push an agenda of trying to frighten people who really do not need these issues thrust upon them. For you unfamiliar with guns, even if shooting a 105 - 155mm howitzer, it would most likely not be heard 6 miles away, so a pistol would not be heard...

lancasteronline.com...[/e x]

Audio

lancasteronline.com...

edit on 3 26 2018 by DigginFoTroof because: formatting

edit on 3 26 2018 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

You are missing the point...

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

No. I'm not at all.

Why don't you explain the point.
edit on 3 26 2018 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

What is that point?
This could be an accurate assessment considering how much the media uses its popularity to gain traction for political gains. Propaganda at its finest.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

No. I'm not at all.

Why don't you explain the point.

Schools are no more or less safe than they were 20 years ago.

Nowadays we deal with people that shoot people in schools, and that should never be an issue.

Stop putting Barney Fife in schools and maybe add a little security to the entrances.

Going to high school shouldn't be like going to through the TSA, but on the same note not everyone should be allowed to enter.

What is the fix? I don't know, but i do know that schools are now a target, and they are too easily accessed.

My solution would agree with your solution most likely, but there definitely is an issue.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Well I guess what I am seeing from the data is that the large school shooting are by far, statistical outliers and there is no amount of security that can be placed that is going to effectively stop these from happening if a person is determined to act. The point of the data is that the schools are not even as dangerous as the safest city or town, how can it get any safer. I'll bet more people die in schools from food allergies or choking than by school shootings each year.

The fact that people have targeted schools is more to do with that individual student than the institution. If they start putting guards in schools, then there are going to be snipers at outside games or events. You can't fix "stupid" and you can't prevent it on all accounts. It is part of life unfortunately.

Point is, the new narrative and stats are FAR out of line and this isn't a national emergency nor epidemic, no where even remotely close.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Statistics also show school shootings are rising.

Most school police are guys a year or 2 from retirement.

Since schools tend to be a new target, wouldn't a little more security be good?

I don't mean armed guards, police presence on a regular basis usually is enough.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
how many threads do you need to make related to american school shootings and gun laws in the space of a few days?!

THE NUMBERS DON'T ADD UP!

Are you some sort of shill?

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I hate it when other people and the MSM tell me what to think, and then I do. How dare they!!!!!

I agree, Fox News is a propaganda machine and they should be stopped! Fox New, or as you guys call them, MSM, is a scourge on this country.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   

You know what would be better? Apprehending mentally unstable individuals that present a danger to the general public that have a laundry list of constant visits by law enforcement or school suspensions...

But yeah make schools a tough target seems to work half way. The other half is to make it known that if you cause problems, you will be looked at VERY carefully.

edit on 26-3-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   

So....not armed guards.

Just police, who are armed, spending a lot of time there.

Sorta like armed guards?

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Statistics also show school shootings are rising.

Most school police are guys a year or 2 from retirement.

I'm still waiting for the news story that goes like this....

"The shooter (a 135 pound teenager) arrived at the school at a quarter past 9 and went straight for the only entrance where he immediately encountered 5 armed guards who tried to stop him but failed because they just didn't spot a man carrying a rifle the instant he appeared."
edit on 26-3-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Sad, isn´t it?

Because:

13 dead at Columbine.
26 dead at Sandy Hook.
17 dead at Marjory Stoneman Douglas.
etc

306 School Shootings In America Since 2013

If schools are the BY FAR!!! safest places in the "U"S, then i would think about it!

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

So....not armed guards.

Just police, who are armed, spending a lot of time there.

Sorta like armed guards?

Police are already there. Them simply walking in the common area during class change is enough to make a teenager think twice.

Nowadays we have fat asses riding out their time waiting for a pension.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

Sad, isn´t it?

Because:

13 dead at Columbine.
26 dead at Sandy Hook.
etc

If schools are the BY FAR!!! safest places in the "U"S, then i would think about it!

Look closer.

Huntsville, AL. "Gun fired but no one injured".
Cedar Rapids, IA "Attempted or completed suicide, with no intent to injure other person"
Grand Junction, CO "Attempted or completed suicide, with no intent to injure other person"
San Bernardino, CA "Gun fired but no one injured"

I'm not about to click on every single dot. But it just goes to show you that anything is presented to look like an attempted massacre.

ETA: Easton, MA "Gun fired unintentionally resulting in injury or death". "An employee unintentionally discharged a gun in the college's plumber's shop, injuring another staff member in the leg. He was subsequently dismissed by the college for bringing a weapon onto campus."

edit on 26-3-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939

You know what would be better? Apprehending mentally unstable individuals that present a danger to the general public that have a laundry list of constant visits by law enforcement or school suspensions...

But yeah make schools a tough target seems to work half way. The other half is to make it known that if you cause problems, you will be looked at VERY carefully.

Absolutely mental health is an issue, it never used to be, but now it is.

The issue is when it goes overlooked, and you end up with a shooting.

The other issue is when you don't have an adequate force to engage such a situation.

When you know the school cop is an overweight, out of shape, do nothing type cop, you definitely have confidence in your plan.

link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

Sad, isn´t it?

Because:

13 dead at Columbine.
26 dead at Sandy Hook.
etc

Yeah, those have been taken into consideration. Your list states many incidents of accident gun fire or no injury and includes colleges/universities. My research was for K-12. Believe what you like, I laid out the numbers and stats, with the cited sources, for ~20 years of shootings in the US. Did you even read the post?

link   

It really doesn't matter what the gun lovers living in their moms cellar think on here, the children of America have courage and understand perfectly. A lot of the people whining about firearms reform are the same who whined about the Police being heavily armed.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Grand Junction, CO "Attempted or completed suicide, with no intent to injure other person"

That guy killed himself, and definitely had intention to kill. He killed 1.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy

It really doesn't matter what the gun lovers living in their moms cellar think on here, the children of America have courage and understand perfectly. A lot of the people whining about firearms reform are the same who whined about the Police being heavily armed.

There's that "The Children" thing again.

"The State must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the Government is perceived to be working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."

Guess who.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join