It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1791... Time for a change?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Your being slightly rude as I never said anything about not understanding The Keep or Bear part. I understand exactly the meanings of these words. I also own a dictionary. Have spoken english all my life.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

you say that but the word keep means To hold; to retain in one's power or possession; not to lose or part with, bear tells of ambiguity and implies that the people are to be trusted to support each other with appropriate strength, to add to that, shall not be infringed or that compact between the people should not be violated, well regulated has the meaning of order and subject to rules and restrictions.

if anything restrictions seem perfectly constitutional interestingly enough, just as creating a militia is also what it implies, surprising many modern militia don't follow the well regulated part very well...
edit on 26-3-2018 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: slipdigskywalker

1. Cuz the Supreme Court ruled it so.
www.loc.gov...

2. What is "more deadly" mean. Dead is dead. If you mean which has killed more, then hanguns out-deadly semi-auto rifles by 10 to 1.

3. The people doing the vast majority of the shooting are criminals. You wanna edumakate Crips and Bloods, you go right ahead.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Clearly here they have made a distinction right there in that ruling haven't they?

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: slipdigskywalker

Your being slightly rude as I never said anything about not understanding The Keep or Bear part. I understand exactly the meanings of these words. I also own a dictionary. Have spoken english all my life.

It's not rude to educate someone on the meanings of words used in a document written almost 250 year ago. The reason is words tend to change definition over time. For example, the word "regulated" in the context of the Constitution does NOT mean to regulate with laws. It means "well trained", "orderly". Meaning a well regulated militia is one that is well trained in the manual of arms.....not overly restricted by laws (as the modern definition would have one think).

Hell, even the word "militia" these days carries a derogatory flavor to it, and not one as it was originally meant to be any free man, between the ages of 16 - 60 was required by law to be in a militia, and well trained. Today, if you say you are in a militia, and are training with a group you are seen as radicals to be feared and a target of suspicion and to be derided as a "'gun nut".

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I didn't need explanation to those words thanks. I also new exactly it mean regulated like fine tuned or good. So too speak

edit on 26-3-2018 by slipdigskywalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere

you say that but the word keep means To hold; to retain in one's power or possession; not to lose or part with, bear tells of ambiguity and implies that the people are to be trusted to support each other with appropriate strength, to add to that, shall not be infringed or that compact between the people should not be violated, well regulated has the meaning of order and subject to rules and restrictions.

if anything restrictions seem perfectly constitutional interestingly enough, just as creating a militia is also what it implies, surprising many modern militia don't follow the well regulated part very well...

Read down to the middle, "To Keep" is equivalent to "have in the house".

The first line of the definition clearly states that "To Bear" means "to carry":

So, you can keep the in your house, and carry them.

As for "well regulated", I will explain it YET AGAIN.... As defined it is to be well trained, orderly:

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I didn't need explanation to those words thanks. I also new exactly it mean regulated like fine tuned or good. So too speak

As you can see above, I had to explain those definitions, yet again to someone that is misinterpreting things. SO, forgive me if I offered them ahead of being asked and hurt your feelings.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Are you really going to say an AR with a modified trigger or bumpstop isnt Automatic through Definition?

Are you really going to say that modifying a product to work in a way contrary to how its intended would be relevant to the context being discussed?

Do you realize that to be "military grade" doesn't mean "automatic"? It means "select fire", ie, you can be semi, full auto, or 3 round burst.

How do you get a 3 round burst with a bump stock?
edit on 3/26/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Clearly here they have made a distinction right there in that ruling haven't they?

They stated no such thing. The Wiki page states, "and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes". The remaining part of the sentence is an example, one example written by the Wiki author.

ETA

I suggest you read the actual ruling here District of Columbia v. Heller,
554 U.S. 570 (2008)

edit on 3/26/2018 by Krakatoa because: Added link to actual SCOTUS ruling on 2nd Amendment

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24
1. The court ruled non military weapons
2 I should think an AR 15 gas feed automatic gun with a magazine is more deadly single shot bolt loaded gun.
3 Well someone has to and attitudes like that wont change anything

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
What stops some of you people from becoming more open minded and asking for a change.

People are so motivated by fear that owning firearms supersedes children's lives.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: slipdigskywalker

It's not illegal to own them if you pass the checks

There does not need to be a reason that will make you feel okay about it.

Understand?

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Why should we have to placate to you?

Stop infringing my dudes.

link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: CharlesT
How's that EU thingy working out for you? Are you satisfied being overrun by 3rd world refugees and governed by un-elected officials?

If I can kindly suggest : You should lay off MSM media for a while!?

Says the person parroting the MSM pushing gun control.

link   

to keep actually means to possess, to hold in any state, to practice or use regularly. the "to keep" you are talking about refers to lodging people in your home, it's not referring to a gun.

this part guarantees that people in general can possess a gun

the definition of well regulated according to the 1828 Websters dictionary is Adjusted by rule, method or forms; put in good order; subjected to rules or restrictions.

this part allows restrictions but not a ban, it is also why the national guard and militias exists, many militias are actually not following this part properly and violating the 2nd amendment with their disorganization.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

1. The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home

supreme.justia.com...

That is from your own link. It says it there

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere

to keep actually means to possess, to hold in any state, to practice or use regularly. the "to keep" you are talking about refers to lodging people in your home, it's not referring to a gun.

the definition of well regulated according to the 1828 Websters dictionary is Adjusted by rule, method or forms; put in good order; subjected to rules or restrictions.

And the 1828 definition is irrelevant to something written in 1791 (my definition predates the document by only 2 years). So your point of it meaning to put in restrictions is false and not relevant.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

1. The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home

supreme.justia.com...

That is from your own link. It says it there

Do I need to define "such as" to you now???? Seriously?? You do not know that means it is AN example, one example, not ALL reasons.

SMFH

ETA: For the record, killing someone not as part of legal self-defense is not a "lawful purpose".

edit on 3/26/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic
Now that is purely ignorant statement there. I asked for if there was a reason to inform me. I didn't ask for a reason too make me feel good. I ask for the reason to know if there is one.

I will state myself that there is no reason under your amendent that they should
be allowed.

edit on 26-3-2018 by slipdigskywalker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join