It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1791... Time for a change?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Its an inalienable right. Im also not open to amendimg our right to free speech or to be free of quartering soldiers (ie, secure in my own home).

Its not a civil right. No one has any right to abridge it.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: WarPig1939

Not going to happen. If that was the case we would have the same problems plaguing europe right now.

Screw that mess. Nope.

Give someone an inch and they will take a mile. Before we know it there wont be a first or a second amendment or a constitution that is even recognizable anymore...

Yeah, much better to just let your youth keep going to school in fear of becoming another statistic in a mass shooting...

Yep, it's a scary world out there. I even got stabbed in the eye with a sharpened pencil back in skool days.

What's it got to do with guns now?

Oh yeah...nothing other than irrational feelings.

Its irrational to want to live now? It's irrational to not want to see your sons and daughters killed before they even have a chance to live? Good one....

Better take away the phone and the car then. Because you wont be there to keep them from texting a driving, even "just the one time"..

Just a simple question that has no doubt been asked a million times here and in different forums but I for one am very open to your answer :

Have phones and cars been the cause of mass killings in schools on a fairly regular basis in the USA?

Thanks for your input.

Kindest respects

Lags

When people appeal to emotion to make their point (think of the children! even one child is too much!), its fair game.

Sorry mate but that was not really an answer to my question above?

Warmest respects

Lags

I cant answer your emotion based question, as we've not had an over abundance of cars running into schools, and Samsung phones exploding in children's pockets, but I will try.

No, texting and driving has not been the cause of mass killings, but they have been the cause of mass deaths. About 11 a day. That's about 3,696 deaths annually. Compare that to 7,000 dead in school shootings since 2000. However, that 7,000 figure is false. That number is false because what constitutes a "school shooting" and "Mass Shooting" has been changed. Now it is considered a school shooting if a weapon discharges in a school zone.

But wait Wardaddy, that makes sense though. Yeah, I suppose so, if you're forgetting that some neighborhoods fall inside of those school zones, making an unrelated event like a suicide a "School Shooting". Its a "Mass Shooting" if 2 people are injured (not killed).

On my side this is not an emotional question but just a straight forward one.

Kindest respects

Lags

It is because "children" is purposefully used to tug at the heartstrings.

I dislike that tactic because a real nasty man once wrote:

"The State must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the Government is perceived to be working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."

So should we use the title “Pre-adults” then?

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Why may I ask are you not open to new amendments BFFT?

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Democracy was never here. We are a constitutional republic. We (in theory) dont let the wolves vote to eat the sheep.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Kindest respects

Lags

Why cant you accept the facts? Why are you so hell bent on trying to advocate changing or adding to the constitution. You haven't even taken the time to read it I imagine.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Kindest respects

Lags

Inalienable rights are not mine (nor anyone elses) to abridge. It is a tyranny to remove a persons ability to defend themselves. After living with a British rule where we were disallowed weapons, it became obvious that the disarmed are victims.

Regimes like Germany, Russia, and Cuba have born this out

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Kindest respects

Lags

Why cant you accept the facts? Why are you so hell bent on trying to advocate changing or adding to the constitution. You haven't even taken the time to read it I imagine.

I am asking questions and hoping that others apart from yourself will answer too.

I am open to all answers, not just yours.

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I should add...im open to the rare amendment. But the bill of rights cannot be abridged

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Kindest respects

Lags

I am asking questions and hoping that others apart from yourself will answer too.

Kindest respects

Lags

Your questions don't make any sense. You didn't even answer my question. Did or did you not take the time to read the entire constitution before posting some fairytale thought we could simply just alter or amend the amendments or add to it like changing a local/federal law. It doesn't work like that.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Kindest respects

Lags

Inalienable rights are not mine (nor anyone elses) to abridge. It is a tyranny to remove a persons ability to defend themselves. After living with a British rule where we were disallowed weapons, it became obvious that the disarmed are victims.

Regimes like Germany, Russia, and Cuba have born this out

Thanks BF.

As I said in my OP. I am not disarmed as are many other people here in the EU.

I have weapons for hunting (and defense if so needed)

I just have an issue on understanding why certain people in the USA don’t want to amend laws since the 1700s.

Time for lunch now.

Laters.

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   

It honestly shocks me that Europeans dont all have weapons. An armed populace certainly would have helped against the Nazis.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Kindest respects

Lags

Kindest respects

Lags

Your questions don't make any sense. You didn't even answer my question. Did or did you not take the time to read the entire constitution before posting some fairytale thought we could simply just alter or amend the amendments or add to it like changing a local/federal law. It doesn't work like that.

Forget it WarPig I don’t wish to twist my thread around to your usual antics (I have read your post history)

I asked a simple question at the beginning of this thread.

Deal with it big man and educate me as an outsider instead of looking for a fight.

Do you have what it takes to educate us outsiders without looking too arrogant?

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   

It honestly shocks me that Europeans dont all have weapons. An armed populace certainly would have helped against the Nazis.

That was over 70 years ago mate.

We are in 2018 now.

Warmest

Lags

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Not going to happen. If that was the case we would have the same problems plaguing europe right now.

Screw that mess. Nope.

Give someone an inch and they will take a mile. Before we know it there wont be a first or a second amendment or a constitution that is even recognizable anymore...

Yeah, much better to just let your youth keep going to school in fear of becoming another statistic in a mass shooting...

Yep, it's a scary world out there. I even got stabbed in the eye with a sharpened pencil back in skool days.

What's it got to do with guns now?

Oh yeah...nothing other than irrational feelings.

Its irrational to want to live now? It's irrational to not want to see your sons and daughters killed before they even have a chance to live? Good one....

Better take away the phone and the car then. Because you wont be there to keep them from texting a driving, even "just the one time"..

Just a simple question that has no doubt been asked a million times here and in different forums but I for one am very open to your answer :

Have phones and cars been the cause of mass killings in schools on a fairly regular basis in the USA?

Thanks for your input.

Kindest respects

Lags

When people appeal to emotion to make their point (think of the children! even one child is too much!), its fair game.

Sorry mate but that was not really an answer to my question above?

Warmest respects

Lags

I cant answer your emotion based question, as we've not had an over abundance of cars running into schools, and Samsung phones exploding in children's pockets, but I will try.

No, texting and driving has not been the cause of mass killings, but they have been the cause of mass deaths. About 11 a day. That's about 3,696 deaths annually. Compare that to 7,000 dead in school shootings since 2000. However, that 7,000 figure is false. That number is false because what constitutes a "school shooting" and "Mass Shooting" has been changed. Now it is considered a school shooting if a weapon discharges in a school zone.

But wait Wardaddy, that makes sense though. Yeah, I suppose so, if you're forgetting that some neighborhoods fall inside of those school zones, making an unrelated event like a suicide a "School Shooting". Its a "Mass Shooting" if 2 people are injured (not killed).

On my side this is not an emotional question but just a straight forward one.

Kindest respects

Lags

It is because "children" is purposefully used to tug at the heartstrings.

I dislike that tactic because a real nasty man once wrote:

"The State must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the Government is perceived to be working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."

So should we use the title “Pre-adults” then?

If you want, but that doesn't address the intent beihind parading kids around in general.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   

That was over 70 years ago mate.

We are in 2018 now.

Warmest

Lags

Exactly. Only 70 years ago. As opposed to over 200 when the 2nd was ratified.

"Itscurrentyear!" is not an argument.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I think you just can't understand the problems that will entail by removing the 2nd amendment. It takes years to see the consequences of this as in the UK where not only is it nigh on impossible to buy a firearm, but even protecting your home with force is pretty much illegal in most cases .

Gangs run the streets in many major cities, the police will not go into areas where they know there are illegal weapons, as in my area when several friends were robbed at gunpoint by a group of travellers and the police refused to go in. The main reason I had guns while in the US was that it was the great equilizer in that I was less likely to be robbed at home due the the criminals not knowing if the homeowner is armed or not.

There are several knife massacres in places like China where these nutcases kill as many as a gun would. www.bbc.co.uk...

The point you're missing is that there are laws on the books for background checks and reporting to the systems that would ban purchases however there are several cases of shootings where the individual wasn't put into said systems, so more laws would not make a difference here.

Also, the bataclan massacre in your home country was perpetrated by ak47 wielding Islamists and I'm sure I've never seen gun shops in France carrying these weapons to readily buy.

In any case, the USA will never give up their weapons and as a US citizen I would die fighting for this right as in my opinion, this is the only thing keeping the world free in today's cultural Marxist climate.

Also, you don't have to be so condescending with your "kindest respects" sign off on every post. you're not sending a debt collection letter.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   

The scars of WWII are still there, you can see it in the laws. And the warlike nature is still within us. 70 years is no time at all...just enough to forget.

What if it's Russia next time. An armed populace is a great defense against a foreign military.

Eta: stated differently...its only been 70 years and yall have forgotten?

edit on 3/26/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Kindest respects

Lags

Kindest respects

Lags

Forget it WarPig I don’t wish to twist my thread around to your usual antics (I have read your post history)

Deal with it big man and educate me as an outsider instead of looking for a fight.

Kindest respects

Lags

Arrogance and looking for a fight? Triggered by my replies much? If you want and education, I suggest you look it up like an adult. I am looking for your answer to my question instead of trying to deflect it.

Or are you used to getting your educational programming spoon fed to you from the EU?

I'm being dead serious..

By the way this is the political mud pit, not sure if you haven't noticed but if you wanted to start a convo about changing the US amendments. You might as well be prepared for difficult questions.

The only antics I bring is a reality check and logic. Sorry it offends you.
edit on 26-3-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Kindest respects

Lags

Kindest respects

Lags

Kindest respects

Lags

Then you weren't ready to have an open discussion.

And it depends on if you guys can go one thread without resorting to the arrogance of "well here in ________we don't have this problem". To which I would respond that some of you also have a population about as large as California and/or Texas.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DARKJEDIG

I think you just can't understand the problems that will entail by removing the 2nd amendment. It takes years to see the consequences of this as in the UK where not only is it nigh on impossible to buy a firearm, but even protecting your home with force is pretty much illegal in most cases .

Gangs run the streets in many major cities, the police will not go into areas where they know there are illegal weapons, as in my area when several friends were robbed at gunpoint by a group of travellers and the police refused to go in. The main reason I had guns while in the US was that it was the great equilizer in that I was less likely to be robbed at home due the the criminals not knowing if the homeowner is armed or not.

There are several knife massacres in places like China where these nutcases kill as many as a gun would. www.bbc.co.uk...

The point you're missing is that there are laws on the books for background checks and reporting to the systems that would ban purchases however there are several cases of shootings where the individual wasn't put into said systems, so more laws would not make a difference here.

Also, the bataclan massacre in your home country was perpetrated by ak47 wielding Islamists and I'm sure I've never seen gun shops in France carrying these weapons to readily buy.

In any case, the USA will never give up their weapons and as a US citizen I would die fighting for this right as in my opinion, this is the only thing keeping the world free in today's cultural Marxist climate.

Also, you don't have to be so condescending with your "kindest respects" sign off on every post. you're not sending a debt collection letter.

Thank you Dark for your explanations which help me to understand better.

As for my kindest respects...

That is your choice to accept them or not.

Kindest and sincere respects

Lags

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join