It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1791... Time for a change?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
a reply to: Lagomorphe

This relates to a question I wanted to ask on here but I don't think eserves a thread of its own. Obviously not aimed at you Lagomorphe but ATS in general...

How many of you, who tighten your grip on your firearms every time there's a mass shooting in your country and come out en mass to defend the 2nd ammendment, are actually involve in a Militia?

I'm wiling to bet the number is really low or even non existant. It would seem if you own a gun and are not part of militia, your Second Ammendmenting wrong!

That is the one most error in reasoning facing anyone that just "reads" The Constitution of the US .
There is a comma in there , or doesnt anyone ever notice ? Grammar is everything
Separates the need to be in a militia from the right to own firearms by the people. Theoretically to prevent a take-over by other elements , of the US government .
Unlike some other countries that are falling from within..

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: WarPig1939

Not going to happen. If that was the case we would have the same problems plaguing europe right now.

Screw that mess. Nope.

Give someone an inch and they will take a mile. Before we know it there wont be a first or a second amendment or a constitution that is even recognizable anymore...

Yeah, much better to just let your youth keep going to school in fear of becoming another statistic in a mass shooting...

Yep, it's a scary world out there. I even got stabbed in the eye with a sharpened pencil back in skool days.

What's it got to do with guns now?

Oh yeah...nothing other than irrational feelings.

Its irrational to want to live now? It's irrational to not want to see your sons and daughters killed before they even have a chance to live? Good one....

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Would changing the 2nd amendment have prevented Florida, when the suspect was tipped off to the FBI twice, and visited by local authorities at least 30 times? No. On top of that, had the local deputy followed up with a recommendation for him to be committed for a mental evaluation in 2016, he most likely wouldn't have been out there to do this.

Florida happened because of a failure of government at all levels, not because of our 2nd amendment. No pro-2nd people are for or even saying the mentally ill should have access to guns. But, there is a slippery slope there on who decides what is considered mentally ill.

If I was the government and decided that a certain group of people cannot own guns anymore because they cried in the streets over the election, and I now deem them mentally unfit and a threat to society, would that be fair? Nope. Nor vise versa.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Not going to happen. If that was the case we would have the same problems plaguing europe right now.

Screw that mess. Nope.

Give someone an inch and they will take a mile. Before we know it there wont be a first or a second amendment or a constitution that is even recognizable anymore...

Yeah, much better to just let your youth keep going to school in fear of becoming another statistic in a mass shooting...

Because school shootings are so much more prevalent than texting while driving accidents or robberies.

You need to do your own research instead of CNN or MSNBC doing it for you.

Funny, I don't watch either. I have a major distrust for the MSM. I've been a free thinker since before Fake News was.a thing, should try it some time...

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Screw that mess. Nope.

Yep, it's a scary world out there. I even got stabbed in the eye with a sharpened pencil back in skool days.

Its irrational to want to live now? It's irrational to not want to see your sons and daughters killed before they even have a chance to live? Good one....

Better take away the phone and the car then. Because you wont be there to keep them from texting a driving, even "just the one time"..

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Screw that mess. Nope.

Yes, it's irrational to fear a tool that cannot operate without human influence. Not just irrational, but stupid and childish to fear inanimate objects.

I don't even like guns. Never fired one and probably never will.

Hell. I was even held at gunpoint during a robbery at work as a teen.

I'm still not afraid of guns and would never be foolish enough to think guns are the problem.

Trust me, I'm all for banning stupid people.

edit on 26-3-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

This relates to a question I wanted to ask on here but I don't think eserves a thread of its own. Obviously not aimed at you Lagomorphe but ATS in general...

How many of you, who tighten your grip on your firearms every time there's a mass shooting in your country and come out en mass to defend the 2nd ammendment, are actually involve in a Militia?

I'm wiling to bet the number is really low or even non existant. It would seem if you own a gun and are not part of militia, your Second Ammendmenting wrong!

That is the one most error in reasoning facing anyone that just "reads" The Constitution of the US .
There is a comma in there , or doesnt anyone ever notice ? Grammar is everything
Separates the need to be in a militia from the right to own firearms by the people. Theoretically to prevent a take-over by other elements , of the US government .
Unlike some other countries that are falling from within..

A comma is a pause between things. If it was a full stop then a new sentence you might be on to something. Commas are used in iists. If your missus wrote a shopping list.... "milk, eggs, ammunition" would you just buy the ammunition because the comma separates the need for Milk and Eggs from the need Ammunition?

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Screw that mess. Nope.

Better take away the phone and the car then. Because you wont be there to keep them from texting a driving, even "just the one time"..

You guys always resort to pedantics when you don't have an argument....

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Screw that mess. Nope.

Yes, it's irrational to fear a tool that cannot operate without human influence. Not just irrational, but stupid and childish to fear inanimate objects.

I'm still not afraid of guns and would never be foolish enough to think guns are the problem.

Oh I'm not scared of guns, just some of the idiots who own them. But I wS taking about fear of death, not fear of guns

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Screw that mess. Nope.

Im still not afraid of guns and would never be foolish enough to think guns are the problem.

Oh I'm not scared of guns, just some of the idiots who own them. But I wS taking about fear of death, not fear of guns

Well, all children have to grow up eventually.

Still has nothing to do with guns or 2nd amendment.

edit on 26-3-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   

You would be wrong. Every militia, whether the national guard or local citizen militias, are comprised of what? Citizens.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Screw that mess. Nope.

Just us? ^

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Screw that mess. Nope.

Im still not afraid of guns and would never be foolish enough to think guns are the problem.

You can repeat that until you're blue in the face but it won't make it true. And not lall children get to grow up, especially in America...

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Screw that mess. Nope.

You can repeat that until you're blue in the face but it won't make it true

Doctor, heal thyself

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   

As a brit who had family on the mayflower doesn't give you a say. That is like me saying i have family in Britain so i have a say on how you should deal with pressing matters in your country. Further more you chose to leave Britain and go to France? In my lightly British flavored bloods opinion that gives you even less of a say.

I've said my piece. And as always

link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

The concern is ... I believe ... in the amount of guns in the hands of psycho's, of all calibre's. Most of which are massive overkill for the average hunter / farmer.

In Australia most believe we are gun free ... no. We have checks and balances to restrict the chances of becoming a USA Calibre fest. Much like the V8 horsepower wars. ( how good was that era ! )

I digress, legislation and checks and balances should see just enough power be allocated to horses for courses.

link   

I quit the MSM thing some time ago but refugee reports are also all over the net. If the EU thingy is so great why did your native nation vote to get out of it? By the way, seems that hasn't happened yet and my suspicion is that the exit will be sabotaged some way and Briton will remain in the EU ore at least partially under it's control despite public vote to get out of it.

Brussels will not let the Brits go easily and the people will probably have to get nasty if they still want out.

The problem with a constitutional amendment is that our congress has gotten so corrupt that they can no longer be trusted to act for the benefit of the citizen. Most of them are bought and owned by "corporate citizens" as defined by our equally corrupted Supreme Court. Our last stand against complete tyranny and oppression of a corrupted government "IS" our 2nd amendment and it does need to remain. Unfortunately there are always collateral damage to any conflict and the US is certainly in conflicted times now.

I blame the politicians. They have wholesale sold American jobs to cheap foreign labor leaving our own citizens without hope of finding the American Dream. In other words, the US citizen has been sold out. Both Repubs and Dems did this to us. NAFTA was negotiated during Bush 1 admin and the treasonous Clinton admin ratified it. Our society has been in decline ever since. It was all planned. It's the NWO thing of uplifting the 3rd world while dragging the 1st world down to parity with it. Once the entire globe is under 1 government every citizen on the planet will suffer oppression and nothing will be able to be done about it.

Rant over:

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Screw that mess. Nope.

Just a simple question that has no doubt been asked a million times here and in different forums but I for one am very open to your answer :

Have phones and cars been the cause of mass killings in schools on a fairly regular basis in the USA?

Thanks for your input.

Kindest respects

Lags
edit on 26-3-2018 by Lagomorphe because: Typing too quickly.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

The concern is ... I believe ... in the amount of guns in the hands of psycho's, of all calibre's. Most of which are massive overkill for the average hunter / farmer.

In Australia most believe we are gun free ... no. We have checks and balances to restrict the chances of becoming a USA Calibre fest. Much like the V8 horsepower wars. ( how good was that era ! )

I digress, legislation and checks and balances should see just enough power be allocated to horses for courses.
In other words ... why do you need a firearm and how is this calibre relevant to your needs. ??

Yes Lags. I did it again ! 😎
edit on 26-3-2018 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Screw that mess. Nope.

Just us? ^

I find this a lot here, you put a point across and someone STARTS calling for the banning of cars, cigarettes (please, ban them, they stink as well as all the health risks. I'm here for the debate, I like to discuss things and educate myself along the way. My opinion is fluid and moves with knowledge gained. My stance on firearms has changed, before I waa opposed to your 2nd ammendment on principle. Now, although I still think guns and the laws surrounding them (and the ridiculous amount of protection those laws enjoy) are entwine in the issue, I realise now they're not the whole issue, America has a whole load of other problems that contribute. There's no envying though, if guns weren't so easily obtained, a lot of these mess killings (in schools and other places) simply would not be as frequent as they are because the perp wouldn't get a Gun. And don't give me that "if they didn't have guns they'd turn to other methodology" cr@p because that doesn't wash, after all its not like UK kids are looking for other ways to wipe out their classmates because they can't get.gun.

Denial is an ugly thing...
edit on 26/3/18 by djz3ro because: To add a bit I forgot...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join