It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1791... Time for a change?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: slipdigskywalker
a reply to: Krakatoa

I never said anything about your rights to bear arms. It was about type of arms. Or did you miss that?

Perhaps you missed the fact that it is not mentioned to that detail, intentionally. Do you honestly think the founding fathers and framers of our Constitution were so ignorant and short-sighted to list specific items? They knew technology advances, and so used the generic and broad term "arms" to intentionally NOT include specific makes, models, and types that they KNEW would be obsolete in the future. It is also why they made this document amendable....to accommodate the future.

If the anti-gun crowd is truly convinced and committed to this cause, then they will force the convening of a Constitutional Convention to address the 2nd Amendment. But keep in mind, the last time that happened, it created the MOB, and was the birth of the illegal drug trade when it was repealed.

Good intentions without foresight typically ends really badly. And you are left worse of than you started.

Choose widely.

edit on 3/26/2018 by Krakatoa because: spelling

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Has it occurred to you, in your infinite wisdom, that many keep guns to do precisely that? ...and that, indeed, those same guns have done just that?

Mine have.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

Most of these kids that came out are too uninformed to make an educated intelligent decision. That scares me more than anything.

yes uninformed, especially where the 2nd Amendment emerged from ie the American Revolutionary War where our Founding Fathers fought for independence from a tyrannical King. This is a missing link, because they are not being taught in the public schools why this happened. It is deliberate from the State sponsored values clarification process whereby the young kids are separated from their parents' influence and world view, combined with a heavy influx of immigrants from places where our history makes no sense, illegal or otherwise. Actually some legal immigrants may have a better grasp of our history because they have to study to get their citizenship, but in essence, Leftist and cabal NWO members have found a way to indoctrinate everyone into the way they want things to be.
edit on 26-3-2018 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

" Give Me Liberty , or Give me Death by a Gun ! "

Signed - The Crazy Drunk Guy the Cops Picked Up one Friday Night at Joe's Bar and Grill waving an Unloaded Gun .....

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
Signed - The Crazy Drunk Guy the Cops Picked Up one Friday Night at Joe's Bar and Grill waving an Unloaded Gun .....

Which is called brandishing and is illegal. I hope it was taken away, along with his license to carry that firearm.

See, laws already covering that irresponsible behavior, and it only affect him, not everyone else that is responsible.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
Ok folks, this is just my personal opinion as a foreigner (Brit in France) BUT however some of my family moved over on the Mayflower so I think I have a say here!?

Your second amendment as per the year 1791 :

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Link : www.law.cornell.edu...

My question : What stops some of you people from becoming more open minded and asking for a change.

Definition of an amendment :

a : The process of altering or amending a law or document (such as a constitution) by parliamentary or constitutional procedure rights that were granted by amendment of the Constitution

b : an alteration proposed or effected by this processa constitutional amendment

2 : the act of amending something : correction

3 : a material (such as compost or sand) that aids plant growth indirectly by improving the condition of the soil

Link : www.merriam-webster.com...

We are now in 2018 and NOT 1791....

Maybe it is time for people to take off their blinkers and look towards the future? (question I ask myself quite often for other subjects too.)

Do you see school shootings on such a regular basis in other countries around the world?

I also have firearms (shotguns and rifles (semi-auto too) as a hunter so don't try the old excuse of saying that I know nothing... The difference here in France is that we have laws updated on a regular basis in order to protect those who do not have firearms.

Kindest respects

Lags

Read "Federalist 46" by James Maddison. That explains it all and why Europe is screwed up.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

they made this document amendable....to accommodate the future.

If so why are so many Americans against changing it, its the future now but so many are clinging to a rule written 227 years ago and are adamant it's unchangeable...

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

If so why are so many Americans against changing it, its the future now but so many are clinging to a rule written 227 years ago and are adamant it's unchangeable...

Some people will not appreciate what I will say next but in my opinion :

Because they are scared.

Many people become agressive (no matter what culture they come from) when changes are suggested or announced.

The proof is in some of the posts here on this thread for example. (And other similar threads throughout ATS and the Internet!)

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Brits gave up their guns, now they jail people over facebook posts. No thanks.
twitter.com...
www.cbsnews.com...
www.dailywire.com...
www.bbc.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

It honestly shocks me that Europeans dont all have weapons. An armed populace certainly would have helped against the Nazis.

I think you are getting it all wrong. The populace were the Nazis, actively or passively. I'm German, born the 2nd generation after WW2, but from what I have heard 1st hand nothing would have played out differently. Never forget that the people were pretty happy with those Nazis, after mental and economic depression.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

twitter.com...
www.cbsnews.com...
www.dailywire.com...
www.bbc.com...

OOOOOOH...

Daily fail MSM articles just for scoops...

Count the number of jailed Brits compared to gun killings in the USA and then get back to this thread with statistics.

By the way...and if you read this thread from the beginning which I don't think you did as you would answer differently...

I may be British but I have been in France for nearly 30 years as fell in love with a French lady and decided to join her.

As I also said a few times in this thread : I have firearms too (legally)... some muppets who kicked me in the nuts saying I was uninformed should also inform themselves correctly as to whom and who-not can have firearms in Europe instead of listening to THEIR MSM too.

Hunters and sports shooters in Europe are allowed firearms too but each country has different rules.

In France our rules are revised on a fairly regular basis for which I personally agree with to protect the innocents.

As far as illegal military style weapons such as AK47s over here that terrorists have used... they are purchased on the black market ever since the end of the Kosovo war back in 1999... Each country here in Europe try their best to stem this but sadly some weapons get through...

I for one would like to see borders put back into place in order to try and calm this type of gun traffic down.

Kindest respacts

Lags

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

twitter.com...
www.cbsnews.com...
www.dailywire.com...
www.bbc.com...

That's as maybs but at least our kids don't live in constant fear of being shot to pieces....

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Because they are scared.

Many people become agressive (no matter what culture they come from) when changes are suggested or announced.

The proof is in some of the posts here on this thread for example. (And other similar threads throughout ATS and the Internet!)

Kindest respects

Lags

Fear has to be part of it, though I wouldn't say that's true throughout. In truth I guess, the reasons our American cousins cling to their guns so fiercely are vast and many but fear surely has a hand in many cases.

Personally I've never been one for carrying a weapon other than for hunting, there was a period, about 20 years ago I kept a baseball bat by my door, for a few days. That was out of fear...

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   
As i mentioned previously...there are 2 americas. City folks live in fear maybe. Like my kids in london live in fear cuz most crimes are urban. Country folks on the other hand are passionate about their rights and fear only a gun grab from ultra left urbanites who like to think they know best.
For the brits here....its like how London makes the rules for the country despite few of the lawmakers having ever seen a farm. I would point to the ban on fox hunting and badger culling as examples.a reply to: djz3ro

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Because they are scared.

Kindest respects

Lags

Fear has to be part of it, though I wouldn't say that's true throughout. In truth I guess, the reasons our American cousins cling to their guns so fiercely are vast and many but fear surely has a hand in many cases.

Personally I've never been one for carrying a weapon other than for hunting, there was a period, about 20 years ago I kept a baseball bat by my door, for a few days. That was out of fear...

I always have something near to both my doors...

Not out of fear but to protect my loved ones... Be it a metal rod, bat, knife or shotgun within easy reach.

Failing those I will use my head, feet and fists.

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
As i mentioned previously...there are 2 americas. City folks live in fear maybe. Like my kids in london live in fear cuz most crimes are urban. Country folks on the other hand are passionate about their rights and fear only a gun grab from ultra left urbanites who like to think they know best.
For the brits here....its like how London makes the rules for the country despite few of the lawmakers having ever seen a farm. I would point to the ban on fox hunting and badger culling as examples.a reply to: djz3ro

Tis similar to over here in France Lake.

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   

My wife inherited her fathers place near Angouleme, so I know a bit about the countryside there in France. Most of the country folk there detest Parisians for the same reasons I listed.

I own/ have owned several guns over the years and for me, I despise some city dwelling yahoo telling me I cant have something that was promised to be 200+ years ago. It is something that is just ingrained and not easily changed. That is not to say that certain changes dont need to happen. I personally don't see why a person needs a 50 round clip with a gun modified to shoot 3 round bursts. As a fellow gun owner/lover I feel I have a right to say that.

As far as the right to bear arms being archaic and needing change, well we look at it as being MORE ingrained as the older it gets the more precious it becomes when someone wants to take it....like a family heirloom thats been passed down and becomes part of the family. I understand that sounds odd to those who have not been raised in the US, but it who we are.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   

My wife inherited her fathers place near Angouleme, so I know a bit about the countryside there in France. Most of the country folk there detest Parisians for the same reasons I listed.

I own/ have owned several guns over the years and for me, I despise some city dwelling yahoo telling me I cant have something that was promised to be 200+ years ago. It is something that is just ingrained and not easily changed. That is not to say that certain changes dont need to happen. I personally don't see why a person needs a 50 round clip with a gun modified to shoot 3 round bursts. As a fellow gun owner/lover I feel I have a right to say that.

As far as the right to bear arms being archaic and needing change, well we look at it as being MORE ingrained as the older it gets the more precious it becomes when someone wants to take it....like a family heirloom thats been passed down and becomes part of the family. I understand that sounds odd to those who have not been raised in the US, but it who we are.

oOOOO Angoulême... I am only about a 2 hours drive from there! Going to Bordeaux tomorrow actually which is not too far.

Let me know when you are in the region for a good chinwag and a glass of wine (in-laws have a Vineyard in the Loire Valley)

Glad i'm not a city dwelling Yahoo... My village has currently 180 inhabitants and I can back you up on saying that country folk dislike city dwellers for all their arrogance and such...

Kindest respects

Lags
edit on 27-3-2018 by Lagomorphe because: Crap spelling

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   

As i mentioned previously...there are 2 americas. City folks live in fear maybe. Like my kids in london live in fear cuz most crimes are urban.

Like most countries I imagine, I moved from a city to a small town and then to a smaller more rural town for my kids, too many stabbings and other violence in the city. Even the small town was filling up with Junkies, hence the move from there.

Country folks on the other hand are passionate about their rights and fear only a gun grab from ultra left urbanites who like to think they know best.

Its still fear, eve if it is of the government coming for all their guns (which could never, ever happen, let's face it)

Yup, something I've been against most of my life...

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I fly into Bordeaux when we visit. We went to that monster sand dune there. last time I thought I was going to have to be airlifted out trying to climb back up it!

I will deffo message you. I haven't done that on here before so will have to figure that one out. Our region makes this stuff called Pineau, of which I have great affection. It's a cross between white wine and Cognac.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join