It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1791... Time for a change?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Ok folks, this is just my personal opinion as a foreigner (Brit in France) BUT however some of my family moved over on the Mayflower so I think I have a say here!?

Your second amendment as per the year 1791 :

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Link : www.law.cornell.edu...

My question : What stops some of you people from becoming more open minded and asking for a change.

Definition of an amendment :

a : The process of altering or amending a law or document (such as a constitution) by parliamentary or constitutional procedure rights that were granted by amendment of the Constitution

b : an alteration proposed or effected by this processa constitutional amendment

2 : the act of amending something : correction

3 : a material (such as compost or sand) that aids plant growth indirectly by improving the condition of the soil

Link : www.merriam-webster.com...

We are now in 2018 and NOT 1791....

Maybe it is time for people to take off their blinkers and look towards the future? (question I ask myself quite often for other subjects too.)

Do you see school shootings on such a regular basis in other countries around the world?

I also have firearms (shotguns and rifles (semi-auto too) as a hunter so don't try the old excuse of saying that I know nothing... The difference here in France is that we have laws updated on a regular basis in order to protect those who do not have firearms.

Kindest respects

Lags

edit on 26-3-2018 by Lagomorphe because: I prepare to be flamed

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Not going to happen. If that was the case we would have the same problems plaguing europe right now.

Screw that mess. Nope.

Give someone an inch and they will take a mile. Before we know it there wont be a first or a second amendment or a constitution that is even recognizable anymore...
edit on 26-3-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Although we have issues with internal (X generation migrant) terrorists we dont have mass school shootings caused by "generally USA born citizens!?"...

How do you explain that and what would YOU do to make changes?

Thanking you for your positive input.

Kindest respects

Lags

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   
How's that EU thingy working out for you? Are you satisfied being overrun by 3rd world refugees and governed by un-elected officials?

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
Although we have issues with internal (X generation migrant) terrorists we dont have mass school shootings caused by "generally USA born citizens!?"...

How do you explain that and what would YOU do to make changes?

Thanking you for your positive input.

Kindest respects

Lags

The issues have nothing to do with the constitution but a failure to enforce the laws on the books already and the mental health issues that are not being looked at with people that illegally acquire these weapons in the first place.

Like so many of you on here ignore the elephant in the room and go straight for the obvious.

The laws need to be enforced. Records need to be kept on mentally unstable people. Those that are known to be dangerous people need to be looked into and sent to a ward.

We have a problem with criminals that ignore or subvert the system. Not law abiding citizens that dont shoot up schools.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Media made gun control school shootings don't count.

You have to understand propaganda such as this has been legalized here.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
How's that EU thingy working out for you? Are you satisfied being overrun by 3rd world refugees and governed by un-elected officials?

What is the "THINGY" that you are talking about?

At the moment and for the past 30 years that I have moved over from the UK to France I have never had any issues thank you very much.

In my neck of the woods we haven't had too much of an issue with refugees (OVERRUN as you put it) as they all tend to flock to major cities and are dealy with accordingly so as to each cities politics.

If I can kindly suggest : You should lay off MSM media for a while!?

As to where I live... there are many hunters with shotguns (salt filled cartridges), rifles and hunting knives etc... (not to mention legal tazers, pepper sprays, trained dogs etc

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   

We have a problem with criminals that ignore or subvert the system. Not law abiding citizens that dont shoot up schools.

So why don't you law abiding citizens do something about it such as the kids that have been on the streets in the USA this weekend?

The kids take to the streets and I see many people here slagging them off as snowflakes sadly for defending their future.

It's just odd!

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Media made gun control school shootings don't count.

You have to understand propaganda such as this has been legalized here.

Sorry mate but the media don't send shooters into schools to kill innocents in my opinion.

Why should school shootings not count in your opinion and what is your take on the question I asked in my original post?

Thank you for your positive feedback.

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Well, it's a little more solid than just an afterthought amendment.

It's part of what is known as The Bill of Rights, which comprises 10 amendments.

The US Constitution would not have been ratified without these 'Rights.'

Any which way you want to fart around here...it doesn't change without the country literally falling apart.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   

This relates to a question I wanted to ask on here but I don't think eserves a thread of its own. Obviously not aimed at you Lagomorphe but ATS in general...

How many of you, who tighten your grip on your firearms every time there's a mass shooting in your country and come out en mass to defend the 2nd ammendment, are actually involve in a Militia?

I'm wiling to bet the number is really low or even non existant. It would seem if you own a gun and are not part of militia, your Second Ammendmenting wrong!

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   

So why don't you law abiding citizens do something about it such as the kids that have been on the streets in the USA this weekend?

The kids take to the streets and I see many people here slagging them off as snowflakes sadly for defending their future.

It's just odd!

Kindest respects

Lags

The majority of those kids dont even know what they are protesting about and just agree that something needs to be done. Im more concerned with the MSMs take on it and these corrupt politicians using children as political weapons to do exactly what you suggested in the OP.

The only reason why us citizens havent done anything about correcting it is because we arent demanding the right things to be done and the narrative being tightly controlled to the point where we practically cannot get our message out without some form of censorship.

Most of these kids that came out are too uninformed to make an educated intelligent decision. That scares me more than anything.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939

Not going to happen. If that was the case we would have the same problems plaguing europe right now.

Screw that mess. Nope.

Give someone an inch and they will take a mile. Before we know it there wont be a first or a second amendment or a constitution that is even recognizable anymore...

Yeah, much better to just let your youth keep going to school in fear of becoming another statistic in a mass shooting...

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Well, it's a little more solid than just an afterthought amendment.

It's part of what is known as The Bill of Rights, which comprises 10 amendments.

The US Constitution would not have been ratified without these 'Rights.'

Any which way you want to fart around here...it doesn't change without the country literally falling apart.

So where did democracy go then?

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   

The majority of those kids dont even know what they are protesting about and just agree that something needs to be done. Im more concerned with the MSMs take on it and these corrupt politicians using children as political weapons to do exactly what you suggested in the OP.

I disagree and agree at the same time.

Those kids know why they are on the streets... they are our kids and future parents of our grand-kids etc etc...

Some of those kids saw their classmates mowed down by a hail of lead...

They are not as stupid as you would like to think.

However, I for one totally disagree with kids being used by corrupt political parties...

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

Screw that mess. Nope.

Yeah, much better to just let your youth keep going to school in fear of becoming another statistic in a mass shooting...

Yep, it's a scary world out there. I even got stabbed in the eye with a sharpened pencil back in skool days.

What's it got to do with guns now?

Oh yeah...nothing other than irrational feelings.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

Screw that mess. Nope.

Because school shootings are so much more prevalent than texting while driving accidents or robberies.

You need to do your own research instead of CNN or MSNBC doing it for you.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   

So do other countries but they change the law accordingly, as opposed e to clinging to an antiquated 18th Century law which is aimed at the weapon tech of the time, i.e muzzle (loaders) and militias that don't exist anymore. The laws need to be updated for the 21sf Century.

Its good you recognise that there are other issues at play here but it's time to acknowledge that guns are part of that problem. These aren't hardened criminals shooting up schools, these are people with a real need for help that, through your gun laws, and the proliferation of Firearms in America, lay their hand on firearms far too easily.

Its horrible how blind many of you are to this...
edit on 26/3/18 by djz3ro because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   

I disagree and agree at the same time.

Those kids know why they are on the streets... they are our kids and future parents of our grand-kids etc etc...

Some of those kids saw their classmates mowed down by a hail of lead...

They are not as stupid as you would like to think.

However, I for one totally disagree with kids being used by corrupt political parties...

Kindest respects

Lags

Even then. Its not the citizens fault. The blame lies squarely on the failures of the FBI. The local law enforcement and a obama era policy that kept a psycho from being thrown in jail

Their anger and dispair are misdirected. Not a smart characteristic.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Guns are not the problem. People are. Always have been. Always will be

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join