It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lockheed martin challenge coin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
if this is in the wrong section please move it. i really didnt know where to put this.

can someone help me identify the significance of this coin? ive googled a hand full of symbols, even looked on LM website for maybe a news letter from the date but nothing.

the 1s and 0s seem to be bit code. i originally thought the letters were maybe fixes for airnav? thats the only thing i havent had a chance to check.

www.ebay.com... trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: detachment3

Looks like a participant coin at a "technical interchange meeting" held in NJ. Cool coin, but probably a mostly boring conference.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Lockheed Martin At COE Tim.
Start with COE Center Of Excellence.

Optical Payload Center of Excellence

www.lockheedmartin.com...

Most missions have patches or a coin. My coins as an example...

Bonus..

This appears to be a payload mission coin. From thus dated on the coin

edit on 25-3-2018 by Bigburgh because: I love Tacos

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Maybe it a prop for part three of "National Treasure".

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Thanks guys!!

really wanna figure out what letters are, OQQN DKU WTQN ONR EWZD IOYE MOQ MQU SS LQO MCUY, FSSQ OTR JBY QSMQ LNWF QEO QOM QQWE

the "bits" are tough because they change as it spins. 0100 > 0101, 0100 > 1001, 0000 > 0111, 0000 > 1010

dont have time now but ill mess with airnav maybe and converting the "bits"

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

It's a very cool coin. A spinning code coin. It looks like it might be worth something but I am not an expert either. As for what it means, perhaps it is an employment tool. Solve the puzzle, get a job by solving the code and what it really means.

edit on 25/3/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

thatd be cool lol has that really been done before? i know some hacker and other tech or programing jobs have done that before but ive never heard it done with a coin haha.

i get a kick out of coins secret symbolism. trevor paglen has a cool book on some of the military black ops symolism

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Every once in a while some guy comes along and does things and the world progresses. I could throw some names around but most of us know the names. Inventors, thinkers, a few charlatans in-between and back to thinkers and inventors. Then came corporate structure. Money gone...somewhere.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
From someone that would know, it's probably either Cyber or Crypto related. Moorestown does different systems, including radar and maritime sensors as well.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
It would be fun to try and figure out what the code is. I noticed the other side of the inner coins have different values for the 1s and 0s and 3-letter codes. The lock and key are reversed too. That means there multiple permutations to this but it would take more than my brain to figure it out.

Edit: ulr to more images... worthpoint.com

edit on 3-25-2018 by LogicalGraphitti because: more info

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
the letters dont seem to be fixes, ive tried a bunch on the airnav website. the 1s and 0s are tough because i only found 2 working combinations.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I loved this when I saw it. I was the winning bidder

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SoEpic

I'd call LockMart and tell them what you have and just ask some vague questions. You'll probably get a response (and no, I don't mean they'll knock down your door haha). "I've got a coin from a TIM in NJ from August 2014. It's fascinating, and I'm just curious if you have any more information." It's going to be from a information technology TIM, and that might be all they tell you, but you never know until you ask! It's got too many identifiers on it to be anything real sexy.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Thanks for the advice. I will do that.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoEpic

do you collect coins? this would be one of the only coins i would have justified $100 on. i was hoping it wasnt gonna sell and i could get it cheaper lol

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: detachment3

originally posted by: SoEpic

do you collect coins? this would be one of the only coins i would have justified $100 on. i was hoping it wasnt gonna sell and i could get it cheaper lol

I don't collect coins, I had never heard of them before but I like puzzles like this and it looked interesting.
If I knew you were going to bid for it then I wouldn't have. Sorry.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: SoEpic

No, don't be sorry, saved me the money. Just make sure you post your findings!

top topics

join