It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Muslim atrocity. Must we embrace the peaceful muslim traditions?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Not that I am excusing anything but, it does sound more like the $20,000 was the prime motivation, probably pride and control

Nobody would excuse that I couldn't imagine
Your desire for Muslim apologists sounds like you are trying to gain popular opinion, this isn't about you

It's just a sad story
I even like Raggedyann here, and he has some pretty #ed up ideas. But I don’t think he goes around killing people, and I wouldn’t put him in the same group of Christians who do go around killing people.

Which Christians go around killing people in the name of religion? Tell us all about them.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Talorc

Christian militias kill up to 30 civilians as hundreds seek refuge inside mosque

Ever heard of the Lord's Resistance Army? It's easy information to obtain if you cared to research it.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Hey man, just pointing out as a culture, we tolerate parents abusing and killing their kids here. Needs no religion to do. Sure, we can make all the claims we want about having laws to discourage that, but fact of the matter is it's still done. A lot.
We're our own lethal enemy, a culture of people who claim violence against others is wrong, but wholly supports violence in the name of a bruised ego (IOW, it's a branch of honor abuse/killing) We're just too high & mighty to see that for what it is.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: face23785

You're a little late, I've already addressed that in my second post and called those people hypocrites as well.

In fact, I addressed it in the post you quoted.

Both are equally dumb viewpoints

I stand corrected. Reading too fast.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

An example of one group is fine, but then again I could just flood this thread with hundreds of examples of violent Islamic groups and individuals. Any rational person would be able to draw the rational conclusion that one of these two religions is more violent than the other.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Come on, now. How do you expect them to rile people up if they don't recycle the same stuff?

They've gotta have something to distract us from the fact that there have already been at least 69 incidences just this year where 4 or more people have been shot here. (HERE) And if you check the links for each incidence on that page, they include school shootings, hostage killings, murder-suicides, police killings (where the cops were the victims), family killings, and more.

But nope, we should ignore all of those because a crime committed a year ago shows who the "real" threats are. (the last sentence is sarcasm)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Talorc

An example of one group is fine, but then again I could just flood this thread with hundreds of examples of violent Islamic groups and individuals. Any rational person would be able to draw the rational conclusion that one of these two religions is more violent than the other.
christianity is on equal footing with islam, and judaism. You can’t just pretend that the last 1000 years didn’t happen.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

christianity is on equal footing with islam, and judaism. You can’t just pretend that the last 1000 years didn’t happen.

Can we pretend that # Christianity and Judaism grew out of hundreds of years ago is something Islam should give up in the 21st century?

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Saudi Arabias prized export is at work again I see. Their r-selection apologists wasted no time blaming Christianity and 'a minority doesn't equate to all society' deflection I see.

Oppression = 1, evolution = 0

"Islam - together we can find the cure"

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

so all Muslims are based on this one incident to you?

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

1. You should post links when you quote things. Otherwise, you could just be making it up.

You tell me, do you not recognize your own quran?

2. Tell what translation you're quoting, assuming you even know.

Again, do you not recognize your own quran?

3. Neither of the passages you "quoted" says that we're required to convince nonbelievers of our beliefs.

What part of, “And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone” am I not to believe that if I don’t succumb to islam, I will not be killed?

4. I notice that wherever you got your first quote from intentionally left a few things out. I wonder why? Here's Surah 2, Ayats 190-193 in their entirety (Pickthall translation) so people can see what the Qur'an actually says there:

Is there a difference with Sunni and Shia translations? Which are you?

I really don't care if you like me or not. I'm just pointing out the radical elements of islam.
Whether you choose to be kafir, or haram by not follow the laws of mohommud, means nothing to me.
What does matter, is when the muslims bring over their traditions of misogyny, infanticide, and rebellion over to my country.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

a reply to: Talorc

Christian militias kill up to 30 civilians as hundreds seek refuge inside mosque

Ever heard of the Lord's Resistance Army? It's easy information to obtain if you cared to research it.

Did you consider that this is from Boko Haram's abduction of hundreds of schoolgirls?
Probably not. But your totally OK with this right?

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Are you including wars, homicides, robberies, fights, and all other forms of violence? Because the vast majority of citizens in the West are still Christians. That means the majority of our criminals, pro-war politicians, generals, soldiers, defense contractors, gangs, cartels, mercs, and organized crime are also going to be Christians. As are the majority of our police, whom killed roughly 1,000 Americans last year. As are the majority of the American citizens who commit the 10s of thousands of homicides and manslaughters every year.

I always see people overlook stuff like that, as if a drone strike or missile barrage carried out by a Christian soldier somehow doesn't count. Don't people brag about how "successful" our wars are by bringing up the death tolls? As in, we overwhelmingly defeated Iraq because we killed so many more of their fighters? Why don't those acts of violence count when determining which religion may or may not be the most violent?

For the record, I think it's a stupid argument either way because people in general are pretty violent. There's violence in Jewish-majority Israel, violence in Hindu-majority India, violence in Buddhist-majority Myanmar, violence in Muslim majority countries, and violence in Christian majority countries. But if you're going to argue that one religion is supposedly more or less violent than the others, we'd have to look at all acts of violence committed by practitioners of those religions and then compare those stats. And that includes wars, homicides, bar fights and fights at nightclubs, domestic disputes, assassinations, riots, child abuse, spousal abuse, school shootings, robberies, etc.

LAnd like I just said, it's a stupid argument either way. But it's also ironic having this conversation while being in a Christian-majority country that supposedly has a "war based economy" that supposedly needs perpetual war just to stay economically afloat. But somehow those wars, occupations, coups, "regime changes", and "military interventions" don't count as violence?

Ok, I'm getting bored w/this now. I think I'll actually get back to work, lol.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
Nowhere in the Qur'an does it say that it's our job to convince nonbelievers of our beliefs.

Maybe not, but what does the Qur'an say about non-believers, or people say, "Actually, I have a new word from God, a new prophecy. Islam *isn't* the last and final word from God".

What does Islam say about the person who claims that truth?

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

You tell me, do you not recognize your own quran?

Clearly I do, since I replied with the actual passages, links, and supporting passages (as well as the name of the translation used so readers can research it for themselves). You, on the other hand, simply pasted some paraphrased verses from an unnamed website that conveniently left out all context and even left out parts of the very passages they were "quoting".

What part of, “And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone” am I not to believe that if I don’t succumb to islam, I will not be killed?

Ok, now you're just proving your agenda. I already replied to that paraphrased quote and provided the full passages in the very post you just replied to. It's not my fault that you're intentionally ignoring that. I'm clearly wasting my time with you.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

a reply to: RomeByFire

Come on, now. How do you expect them to rile people up if they don't recycle the same stuff?

They've gotta have something to distract us from the fact that there have already been at least 69 incidences just this year where 4 or more people have been shot here. (HERE) And if you check the links for each incidence on that page, they include school shootings, hostage killings, murder-suicides, police killings (where the cops were the victims), family killings, and more.

But nope, we should ignore all of those because a crime committed a year ago shows who the "real" threats are. (the last sentence is sarcasm)

So now you're stereotyping all those America's by insinuating they're all Christian's?

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Hey man, just pointing out as a culture, we tolerate parents abusing and killing their kids here.

We do? Or it just happens?

I thought they locked those parents up. No??

Yes, that's what happens if you torture your kids. Because we dont tolerate it.

This must be the logic behind the "Rape Culture", where because it does happen that means we're all all about it (despite rapists go to prison).

Speaking of rape cultures, back on topic...

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

but the thing is 'barbaric Islam' is widely practiced / tolerated by a majority of Mainstream Global Islam

Could you provide some data for this? Because it sounds like you're just shooting from the hip. I've never heard a Muslim condone killing family members, I'm assuming you haven't either. If you can find information showing a Muslim condoning or encouraging something like this then I'm sure I could easily find someone condoning any act of violence.

Here you go:
Mainstream Islam Is The Antithesis Of Western Liberal Values (BY THE NUMBERS)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

Nowhere in the Qur'an does it say that it's our job to convince nonbelievers of our beliefs.

Maybe not, but what does the Qur'an say about non-believers, or people say, "Actually, I have a new word from God, a new prophecy. Islam *isn't* the last and final word from God".

What does Islam say about the person who claims that truth?

(facepalm) What's the point in me responding to you when you guys literally aren't reading my posts anyway? You're asking me "what does the Qur'an say about non-believers" even though I literally posted the entire Surah (109) where God commands us to respond a certain way to non-believers. The name of the Surah even translates into "The Disbelievers/Unbelievers/Non-believers" so newbs can skim the Qur'an's table of contents and read it for themselves.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

originally posted by: Violater1

Who is asking you to accept these atrocities?

Do you accept them?

Wtf? I like nice people. I don’t care what they believe until it hurts someone else.

So is it a yes or no?
I saw your edit, your against murder. But your ok with the other islamic tradition of punishment for disrespecting the parents?

honor killing is still murder. So the punishment for dissing a parent is murder. So no i am sure no one with any sense would support it.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join