It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Muslim atrocity. Must we embrace the peaceful muslim traditions?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Stonings are in the Quron. Stuff is written so it can go either way. Typical religious written by people BS.

Besides honor killings is only one of many bad ideas in the "motherload of bad ideas" that is Mainstream Global Islam.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Violater1

Boy a lot of members really love to hate on Muslims.

Funny how we judge billions of Muslims off of a minority but that same standard doesn't apply to any other group. Sounds like bigotry to me.

I'm an equal opportunity hater. I call out everyone on hypocrisy and BS. I'm sorry Islam never had a reformation. People hate on Christians specifically daily on here and i don't hear the same outrage from you. I'd call out Christian on their BS too but progressives love deflecting to Christianity in defense of Islam for some reason.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Just for the record, it isn't 'racist' to hate, loathe or mock Islam or Muslims. Bigoted, sure. Intolerant, yes. Admittedly I am both when it comes to Islam.

"Racist", however, it is not.

To be racist in regards to Islam is to assume the skin colour or race of the person practicing the religion, like say *only* Arabic, or Pakistani, or Afghani, etc.

I'm not. I know white people also follow it. As well as black, latino, asian, etc.

I'm belittling the religion, not the flavour of the person who foolishly follows it.
edit on 25-3-2018 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

You're not going to get through..let them finish off, down to the short strokes now.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

To call islam a race is racist.

link   

To be honest it's the Arab/Persian Muslims they are always talking about. Not even close to the majority of Muslims but the entire religion gets slapped anyways.

link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Cultural problem, not an Islamic problem. There are millions of Muslims who don’t beat or kill their daughters, and there are plenty of non-Muslims who beat and/or kill their daughters.

Cool avatar by the way. Your selfie with your gun makes you look so cool and awesome.

It helps to remember the source of the thread. He also tried to link the Florida school shooter Nicholas Cruz with Islam because the killer had a picture with a shemagh, even though the killer wasn't a Muslim and was actually anti-Islam (here's his thread about it).

You're wrong again. Nick Cruz stated, " well at least we now know what it means when a #### ##### says allahu Akbar" and wore a shemagh, as an intimidation tool.
So are you OK with the killing of these children? Or pouring boiling cooking oil on them? Is that what you would do to your daughter if she disrespected you? That is, if you are married and have a daughter.
edit on V232018Sundaypm31America/ChicagoSun, 25 Mar 2018 14:23:57 -05001 by Violater1 because: jdsfuhrg

link   

Once I come to the conclusion that a person just wants a reason to justify their hatred, I don't even waste my time w/them anymore. Because there's literally nothing I can say or do to change their mind and there's nothing they can do to change mine. I can refute specific misconceptions & pretexts, and I can clarify misunderstandings, but I can't change a person's overall feelings or mindset. It's better to spend that time elsewhere.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

a reply to: face23785

Okay, so someone who bombs an abortion clinic says they did it because of their Christian beliefs: is that a Christian problem (bombing abortion clinics and killing abortion doctors)?

Someone who preaches at a Christian church that gays are an abomination who should be executed: is that a Christian problem (wanting all gay people dead)?

People can distort any religion to suit their purposes. Happens all the time, with any religion. Doesn’t mean the religion is the problem.

I won't deny that person is a Christian terrorist. If they did that on behalf of their religious beliefs, then their beliefs are partly the cause. You'd be hard-pressed to show that this kind of thing is being taught to Christians en masse however. On the other hand, there's there's data to suggest this way of thinking is disturbingly common among Muslims. Do you have similar data for Christians?

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I didn’t say bombing abortion clinics was cultural. I said people can distort a religion to justify any behavior, whether that behavior be cultural or otherwise.

The misogynistic culture in the Middle East pre-dates Islam. Islam tried to soften it, but old habits die hard, apparently. The Quran does not in any way, call for honor killings of women, and yet, honor killings still happen. Has nothing to do with the religion of Islam. Has to do with an ancient culture. That ancient culture includes Hindus, by the way.

Islam tried to soften Misogyny? Muhammad never called for an honor killing? I'm done here. I respect your opinion and perspective but i must bow out.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Once I come to the conclusion that a person just wants a reason to justify their hatred, I don't even waste my time w/them anymore. Because there's literally nothing I can say or do to change their mind and there's nothing they can do to change mine. I can refute specific misconceptions & pretexts, and I can clarify misunderstandings, but I can't change a person's overall feelings or mindset. It's better to spend that time elsewhere.

So you choose to discriminate my above question, and answer on questions that you agree with. Bigot much?

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
To call islam a race is racist.

Why, because it's an insult to every human race to be degraded to that level?

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I don't hate Muslims I just hate Islam. Nothing about it appeals to me. I also look at the history of Islam as a historical context and Muhammad as a historical figure. Basically a Warlord. I respect your ability to practice your faith but id hope you can respect my perspective as well. Islam will be criticized and also deserves scrutiny just like all religions.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

Cultural problem, not an Islamic problem. There are millions of Muslims who don’t beat or kill their daughters, and there are plenty of non-Muslims who beat and/or kill their daughters.

Cool avatar by the way. Your selfie with your gun makes you look so cool and awesome.

It helps to remember the source of the thread. He also tried to link the Florida school shooter Nicholas Cruz with Islam because the killer had a picture with a shemagh, even though the killer wasn't a Muslim and was actually anti-Islam (here's his thread about it).

Your wrong again.

Everyone can read your thread that I linked and see for themselves if I'm wrong. Also, it's "you're" not "your" lol.

So are you OK with the killing of these children? Or pouring boiling cooking oil on them? Is that what you would do to your daughter if she disrespected you?

Stop being stupid. Anyone who's read enough of my posts should know that I'm both a pacifist and a feminist. Why would I be ok with that stuff? That's just as stupid as me asking you if you're ok with this incident from 2 weeks ago (HERE) where a man killed his wife, 2 kids, and then himself in a murder-suicide.
edit on 25-3-2018 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

But, you're trying to espouse the positive qualities of Islam to people who already have a negative view...about a completely made up fairy tale anyway.

It's like arguing the case for the Giant in Jack and the bean stalk. Doesn't matter whether the giant was misrepresented of all giants as a collective-- the whole this is made up anyway. It isn't real.

And i think that is your challenge: trying to evince people, the likes of me included, that the completely made up and not real fairy tale of Islam "isn't as bad" as the media make it out to be. And true, I certainly do not think all followers of Islam are immoral, draconian savages. Not in the least.

But i still think what they practice and follow is horesh*t, as I do for all religions. (shrug)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

You can scrutinize, analyze, and criticize whatever you want. But that doesn't mean I have to read it, debate it, or care about it. lol After all, the Qur'an's 109th Surah directly orders us to say "I don't believe what you believe and you don't believe what I believe. I won't believe what you believe and you won't believe what I believe. So unto you your beliefs and unto me mine." That's pretty much my take on it now.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

I never get an answer to this question, and I am not intending to be insensitive, but really, if you are not Muslim, what do you care. We have freedom of religion in the US; these people are exercsing their religious beliefs amongst their own. Its none of our business as long as we are not impacted.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Nowhere in the Qur'an does it say that it's our job to convince nonbelievers of our beliefs.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Sounds Buddhist.
I joke but really truth is truth.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

a reply to: enlightenedservant

I know.

I also know I am beating my head against the perverbial wall here, but I just keep tryin’.

You know much more about this stuff than I do, and I know you’ve beaten your head a few times. I guess we just can’t educate people who are determined to focus their hatred on something.

This.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join