It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Muslim atrocity. Must we embrace the peaceful muslim traditions?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

They can't because a lot of the normal Middle Eastern people especially the Christians have had to flee to western countries where they fit in perfectly.

I know a very good friend of mine is from one of those families.

No Middle Eastern culture is not like Islam. My ME friends and family are very trustworthy, proud of their Assyrian heritage and fit into Western culture wonderfully and have been very successful here.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: face23785

Islam is not the source of this behavior. What you don’t seem to get is that the misogynistic behavior in these regions pre-dates Islam. There have actually been some improvements in treatment of women due to Islam, but the old culture is hard to die out.

www.theatlantic.com...

What you don't seem to get is that when someone clearly links their actions today to their current religious beliefs, the current religious beliefs are obviously part of the problem. Where those religious beliefs came from is a curiosity of history. It doesn't change the motives of the attacker. The way you're bending over backwards to pin this behavior on anything but Islam is embarrassing. You might as well blame Cain for all murders.

If you want to point out that some tenets of Islam drew from beliefs and customs that existed well before Islam, okay that's interesting. But this guy's actions weren't based on that, they were based on what he was taught is a fundamental part of his religion. There's no getting around that.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

If you follow the logic of the manufactured paradigm of the left that's being pushed out into the world by big money interest and behind the scenes controllers long enough you will notice something..

Contradictions

It's almost like they can't have 2-3 sentences in a row without contradicting another belief of theirs.

Try it, works with the far right manufactured paradigm as well.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: donnydeevil

So in order to talk about Islam we have to deflect and talk about other religions. See this i why we can't have a conversation about anything. Where in the new testament does it state to lie or kill people not like you? I'm an atheist btw

I don't see anyone shooting up a cartoonist when you have tons of smear articles about Jesus being gay or fake but you can't even draw Muhammad without a bombing or shooting. I have little patience for hypocrisy

These are the same people who complain when you bring up Hillary in a Trump-bashing thread.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Who is asking us to accept these atrocities?

And I'm not going to sit here and act like Islam doesn't have their problems.... But last I checked, America isn't in a shortage of their own violent problems.

We've had shooting and bombings at least once a month.

Wow!
Really?
America is not a religion.

That's my point, it's a cultural problem for both, not an ideological one.

Some Christians commit atrocious crimes, we could go down the list.

Again, I'm not saying Islam doesn't have a docket of instances we could look at (especially the middle east).

But it doesn't help its war torn and lawless in much of that region.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Islam is not the source of this behavior. What you don’t seem to get is that the misogynistic behavior in these regions pre-dates Islam. There have actually been some improvements in treatment of women due to Islam, but the old culture is hard to die out.

www.theatlantic.com...

Are you stating Muhammad wasn't a misogynist? I'm sure when Muhammad took child brides, had multiple wive, and had women stoned to death for adultery that would be an acceptable practice today among feminists

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Okay, so someone who bombs an abortion clinic says they did it because of their Christian beliefs: is that a Christian problem (bombing abortion clinics and killing abortion doctors)?

Someone who preaches at a Christian church that gays are an abomination who should be executed: is that a Christian problem (wanting all gay people dead)?

People can distort any religion to suit their purposes. Happens all the time, with any religion. Doesn’t mean the religion is the problem.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

I know the Quran advocates for women owning their own businesses, owning property and being able to travel alone if they want. I also know the Quran explicitly forbids female infanticide (which happened in pre-Islam times).

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

OK, so you refuse or can't answer the question.
You can't comprehend the question, so you try to deflect it by inserting a totally irreverent and off topic statement.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Boy a lot of members really love to hate on Muslims.

Funny how we judge billions of Muslims off of a minority but that same standard doesn't apply to any other group. Sounds like bigotry to me.

link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: donnydeevil

So in order to talk about Islam we have to deflect and talk about other religions. See this i why we can't have a conversation about anything. Where in the new testament does it state to lie or kill people not like you? I'm an atheist btw

I don't see anyone shooting up a cartoonist when you have tons of smear articles about Jesus being gay or fake but you can't even draw Muhammad without a bombing or shooting. I have little patience for hypocrisy

These are the same people who complain when you bring up Hillary in a Trump-bashing thread.

I see the irony is lost on you.

link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Is bombing abortion clinics cultural norms with Christianity?

People will bomb stuff for any reason, even without a reason.

And then there is Islam...
Mainstream Islam Is The Antithesis Of Western Liberal Values (BY THE NUMBERS)

So lets not play coy, eh.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I know the Quran advocates for women owning their own businesses, owning property and being able to travel alone if they want. I also know the Quran explicitly forbids female infanticide (which happened in pre-Islam times).

Really?
Really!
Then state the The Quran surahs and ayat that support your outlandish ignorant claim.
And also answer the previous question.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: face23785

Cultural problem, not an Islamic problem. There are millions of Muslims who don’t beat or kill their daughters, and there are plenty of non-Muslims who beat and/or kill their daughters.

Cool avatar by the way. Your selfie with your gun makes you look so cool and awesome.

Islamic culture?

There are non-Islamics who have the same culture.

Please source a few.

Oh thats a good one.... and ha I guessed it: Its from Caddyshack!

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I didn’t say bombing abortion clinics was cultural. I said people can distort a religion to justify any behavior, whether that behavior be cultural or otherwise.

The misogynistic culture in the Middle East pre-dates Islam. Islam tried to soften it, but old habits die hard, apparently. The Quran does not in any way, call for honor killings of women, and yet, honor killings still happen. Has nothing to do with the religion of Islam. Has to do with an ancient culture. That ancient culture includes Hindus, by the way.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Cultural problem, not an Islamic problem. There are millions of Muslims who don’t beat or kill their daughters, and there are plenty of non-Muslims who beat and/or kill their daughters.

Cool avatar by the way. Your selfie with your gun makes you look so cool and awesome.

It helps to remember the source of the thread. He also tried to link the Florida school shooter Nicholas Cruz with Islam because the killer had a picture with a shemagh, even though the killer wasn't a Muslim and was actually anti-Islam (here's his thread about it).

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Ok in some parts and also in the Quran and Hadith must cover themselves because or men, can't marry non Muslim men, and need multiple witnesses if raped or commits adultery. arranged marriages, child brides, and non Muslims sex slaves.

if you're looking for real sexism and patriarchy just look under your noses at the fastest growing religion.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Wait... who's racist?

People associate bad culture with Islam.

The lefties -

It's not Islam that's the problem it's the culture of the Middle East.

Non-lefties -

But I know Middle Eastern people who aren't culturally like this and they happen to be Christian.

Lefties -

You are racist because you believe Islam is responsible for the bad culture.

Non-lefties -

But you just blamed the entire region for the culture issue and I only blamed the religion.

Like I said they can't keep it straight for more than 3 sentences without contradicting themselves.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I didn’t say bombing abortion clinics was cultural. I said people can distort a religion to justify any behavior, whether that behavior be cultural or otherwise.

The misogynistic culture in the Middle East pre-dates Islam. Islam tried to soften it, but old habits die hard, apparently. The Quran does not in any way, call for honor killings of women, and yet, honor killings still happen. Has nothing to do with the religion of Islam. Has to do with an ancient culture. That ancient culture includes Hindus, by the way.

The reason why people blame the religion is because in the hadith's they dictate this way of life in order to be considered a true believer.

YAWN SO BORING

So obviously delusional.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I know.

I also know I am beating my head against the perverbial wall here, but I just keep tryin’.

You know much more about this stuff than I do, and I know you’ve beaten your head a few times. I guess we just can’t educate people who are determined to focus their hatred on something.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join