It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Muslim atrocity. Must we embrace the peaceful muslim traditions?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: Violater1

I'll second the 2nd poster.

Nobody is asking you to accept these atrocities.

You can't cherry pick which human rights you'd like to support either, it's either all of them or non of them.

But for what it's worth...

Forced marriage is wrong.
Mutilation of genitalia is wrong.
Physical and mental abuse is wrong.

Instead of hating on Muslim's why not educate them on your laws and their rights?

How well has that worked for you in England.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: face23785

As long as people believe different things about different deities, there will be war, murder, cultural strife.

We either can wipe out all different beliefs and just believe one thing, like a totalitarian one-world government, or we can punish those that go against our own cultural beliefs.

Well we could all be atheist, like China, Russia Cambodia or NK, you know, those beautiful peaceful places

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: face23785

Cultural problem, not an Islamic problem. There are millions of Muslims who don’t beat or kill their daughters, and there are plenty of non-Muslims who beat and/or kill their daughters.

Cool avatar by the way. Your selfie with your gun makes you look so cool and awesome.

Islamic culture?

There are non-Islamics who have the same culture.

Really?
Name some.
edit on V372018Sundaypm31America/ChicagoSun, 25 Mar 2018 12:37:56 -05001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Who cares what church a killer professes to believe in or belong to? Its immaterial.

Unless your agenda is to demonize a whole people, culture or belief system because they are being targeted by the west for their territory and resources.

In that case demonizing by religious persecution is the best way to convince the most people they are evil. After all, they worship a different god than you, riiight?

Now that we agree they are all evil we can drop bombs on them and send them to hell. What the hell, they are going there anyway, riiight?

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: DBCowboy

As long as people believe different things about different deities, there will be war, murder, cultural strife.

We either can wipe out all different beliefs and just believe one thing, like a totalitarian one-world government, or we can punish those that go against our own cultural beliefs.

How about we sort them out by how well they compare to reality and what science can show to be the most probable and helpful.

How about we mind our own business and punish those who don't.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

If its a different god then its the devil! Especially foosball!!

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Cultural problem, not an Islamic problem. There are millions of Muslims who don’t beat or kill their daughters, and there are plenty of non-Muslims who beat and/or kill their daughters.

Cool avatar by the way. Your selfie with your gun makes you look so cool and awesome.

My avatar is meant to impress the feeble minded and easily impressible intellects. I'm glad you like it.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Who is asking us to accept these atrocities?

And I'm not going to sit here and act like Islam doesn't have their problems.... But last I checked, America isn't in a shortage of their own violent problems.

We've had shooting and bombings at least once a month.

Wow!
Really?
America is not a religion.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Islamic culture?

Please source a few.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Usual suspects.

Gotta wonder if the left right paradigm is being manufactured.

Don't trust anyone or anything you read from hard line left right individuals.

Of course it is.

Old World Islam is EVERYTHING social justice minded "liberals" are trained to loathe (except for being white anyways), and yet theyre socially engineered to obsess about loving them blindly and rabidly. Sometimes one cant even tell if its not the "liberals" (progressives) official practicing religion scriptures and all. That's how hardcore the Democrat's social engineering program has been.

Which makes perfect sense to get them in that direction, as the "right" whom tend to be Christian's of course they have religious beef with Muslim's when you get down to it so that's the side of least resistance to pit against them. As that religious stuff is usually indoctrinated deep in at early ages, and on the group identity 'zeal chart' religion is more powerful than learned idealisms such as gay rights (unless YOU are actually gay, or whatever I would suppose).

So it makes more sense to pit (Christian) "conservatives" against the Muslim's, despite how when to take the actual specific religious books away the two would be the most similar (conservatives, 'properly' religious, text are against all that 'liberal stuff', etc). Because that group identity driven zealotry factor is more powerful at the religious level than it is in the learned idealism group identity level, in healthy normal human subjects.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Islamic culture?

Please source a few.

Why do Christian Husbands Abuse Their Wives? Part On

'Submit to your husbands': Women told to endure domestic violence in the name of God

Ten Biblical Teachings Women Love to Hate

Violence against women is not solely a Islamic thing, it is also happen quite a bit in christianity.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
In a 2011 survey, Pew Research found that 13% of US Muslims said suicide bombing or other attacks against civilians were justified under some circumstances. They call this "statistically insignificant", although I'd have to disagree. There are about 3 and a half million Muslims in the US. 13% of them is 455,000. That doesn't mean all 455,000 are potential terrorists, but that's an alarmingly large number who are okay with suicide bombings if you ask me. An additional 6% said they didn't know, which probably means they support it and just didn't want to say.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Islam is not the source of this behavior. What you don’t seem to get is that the misogynistic behavior in these regions pre-dates Islam. There have actually been some improvements in treatment of women due to Islam, but the old culture is hard to die out.

www.theatlantic.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: donnydeevil

Thanks for providing isolated examples. I don't see anywhere in your sources that things like honor killings are a built-in tenant of Christianity.

The report, which estimated that 23-27 honor killings per year occur in the U.S., noted that 91 percent of victims in North America are murdered for being “too Westernized,” and in incidents involving daughters 18 years or younger, a father is almost always involved. And for every honor killing, there are many more instances of physical and emotional abuse, all in the name of fundamentalist Islam, say experts.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I dated a Indian Muslim girl and it was one of the biggest mistakes of my life. They didn't accept me they wouldn't tolerate me and they didn't want me with their daughter Period no questions. I was a secret for years but i loved her and now she's miserable with a Muslim man she doesn't love.

I had to educate myself. basically I would push her towards being an apostate but if i was a Muslim man with a non Muslim woman all good because i can push her towards Islam. Sexist BULL#.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Islam is not the source of this behavior. What you don’t seem to get is that the misogynistic behavior in these regions pre-dates Islam. There have actually been some improvements in treatment of women due to Islam, but the old culture is hard to die out.
www.theatlantic.com...

You stated above," There are non-Islamics who have the same culture."
You have not answered the question," name some."
Is this because your wrong or is it that you can't comprehend the question?

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: donnydeevil
10 of the Worst Terror Attacks by Extreme Christians and Far-Right White Men

To stop collective blame of Muslims, reference Christian terrorists

A troll demanded a Muslim man show examples of 'Christian terrorists.' He delivered.

But remember violence is more prevalent in the Islamic world. (Sarc)

Funny how the majority of those actually say right in them they were racially motivated, not religious. Racists of every race do indeed exist. Only the Army of God attacks were actually Christian terrorists, by any definition of the term. A few were just white supremacists. The guy who attacked the IRS building was just a white terrorist, there's not even any mention of religion or race, although he's still a terrorist because he had a political goal. Christian terrorists do exist, but you might want to get some better sources.

I remember the Sikh attack because I saw so many social media posts from left wingers using it as an example of anti-Muslim bigotry, not realizing their own bigotry had surfaced when they stereotyped the victims by assuming they were Muslims because of the beards.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: donnydeevil

So in order to talk about Islam we have to deflect and talk about other religions. See this i why we can't have a conversation about anything. Where in the new testament does it state to lie or kill people not like you? I'm an atheist btw

I don't see anyone shooting up a cartoonist when you have tons of smear articles about Jesus being gay or fake but you can't even draw Muhammad without a bombing or shooting. I have little patience for hypocrisy

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join