It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First non stop flight from Oz to London

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
a reply to: thebozeian

Perth is where i learned that you could take box wine and turn it into bag wine..goon bags....ughh

i love Australia, ill be down there again in the near future

Drank one of those every day, now my liver is a goon bag, but not one I can rest my head on

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
a reply to: penroc3

Plenty of games involving goon mate !

It's all about how you pace yourself. # I slaid ' pace ' !

You mean hanging it from the clothes line and playing goon of fortune?

edit on 25-3-2018 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: Timely

yep even watching fat pizza and housos to make sure i integrate all good when i get there. ill be a tip top bloke for sure.

You'll be speaking choco if you follow those shows. And bogan.

Fully sick ha brah.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

when your booze comes with a free inflatable pillow you know it's going to be bad

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Saginaw to Detroit to LA to Sydney to Perth.

AHHHHHHHH

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

I was thinking about going and checking out New Zealand but to be honest the few people i met from there were nice but kind of odd.

Im married to one...Shoot me now

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Sounds like good times...

I've done that stuck in airports things, though not with those long distance flights.

Bad weather in Alaska can make for some "interesting" excursions into adventures in flying. Get stuck in a lovely little nothing town of Nelson Lagoon, over night...then onto Cold Bay, get stuck there for 24 hrs because of weather, then on to Anchorage, but have to divert back because of...you guessed it, weather. All told, approx. 56 hours or there'bouts flying all over SW Alaska. Ah, the joys of bush flying. Small plane, knees up around ones chin...bad weather turbulence. Yeah, fun times.

No psychotic, vomiting 5 year old, though... Just grumpy 20 somethings.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

As long as the peas weren't still in the can...everything is OK.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woody510
So a Qantas 787 has just made history by becoming the first flight from Australia to London. In my eyes this is an amazing achievement and really show how efficient planes have become in just the last 10 years.
story

Really?

Growing up in NY I remember seeing the Concorde jets regularly, who would fly JFK to Paris in 3.5 hours.

Here we are in 2018 and it's 7.5 hours.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

And nothing flying in the days of the Concorde could do anything close to what the 787-9 can do now. And the SST is still not any more economically feasible today than it was then.
edit on 3/25/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

GOON OF FORTUNE!!!

I love me some goon - a bag of red mixed with diet coke - cheapest drinks for this weirdo.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Goon bags are no longer a mark of feralism..I think "Passion Pop" lays fame to that now..
Its dearer to fly to Perth from the East Coast then it is to fly to Bali or NZ..Says something..
edit on 26-3-2018 by Blackfinger because: added bit

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: Woody510
So a Qantas 787 has just made history by becoming the first flight from Australia to London. In my eyes this is an amazing achievement and really show how efficient planes have become in just the last 10 years.
story

Really?

Growing up in NY I remember seeing the Concorde jets regularly, who would fly JFK to Paris in 3.5 hours.

Here we are in 2018 and it's 7.5 hours.

You do realise I was in about efficiency and not speed? No planes in the concorde era could've flown that route without refuelling.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR
I love Housos, Fat Pizza and Swift N Shift. The dwarf character is the best, such an angry confrontational little bastard.

Back on thread, I'm hoping we see next year or sooner some proposals from the big two as to what they are going to offer for the ultimate prize, SYD-LHR and back. That should prove very interesting.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

What do you think they can do to the 380 to make it a neo? Maybe the use of geared turbo fans?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join