It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will we ever have a Black President?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
lets have a black/woman president and take care of 2 birds with one stone hehe

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lamagraa
lets have a black/woman president and take care of 2 birds with one stone hehe

Yeah, Congress would have a feild day with that one.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
Yup I'm a nazi, funny you would accuse someone with a French Jewish Grandfather and a Cree Indian mother. Enough with the nazi crap. I want my points back you self righteous liberal!

Thats LIBERTARIAN not Liberal. I guess the KKK hood over your head was covering your eyes

Libertarians are to the right of Republicans so I am hardly a Liberal....LOL

When did they start letting Jews into the KKK? Was it some kind of affirmative action thing? Why do I get the Idea you and the "African American" introspective might know each other?

Oh well it doesnt really matter Kluckers dont last long on thei board anyhow, it seems like your friends could have told you that.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time

There are 34 blacks in the 108th Congress. Is this not good representation? (insert loud crickets here:lol

How many of those 34 Blacks are Republican? That was my question. **Crikets STILL Chirping***

It doesn't matter how many of them are black. Because that is exactly where democrats want black people, in Congress, where they have very little power. Little power compared to Clarence Thomas, Condi Rice and Colin Powell.

[edit on 17-2-2005 by Carseller4]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
IMHO this whole, should we have a Black or female pres argument is really pointless anyway.
Isn't it the persons character and policies that supposed to matter, not their color or gender??
They made that mistake it the UK with Thatcher, voting for someone because of their gender and not their policies.
We ended up with the highest unemployment ever. The closing down of major industries, turning the north UK into an unemployment nightmare, and war in the Falklands. Not to mention the longest miners strike in history. And the ever popular Youth training Scheme...2 yrs of working full time on unemployment pay, (you were supposed to be getting trained but mostly you were used as cheap labor) part of the Tory's way to reduce unemployment figures. Which included changing the way the unemployed are counted, thus artificially reducing the figures even more.
Anyway sorry for the rant...

AP&F...

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
We will have a Black Pope before we have a Black President. Just thought i would throw that in what ya reckon?

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Thomas, Powell & Rice are too obvious at being tools & unqualified for the token roles they were given.

I hardly think that Powell was unqualified for his "token" role.

Also I would think that a McCAIN/Powell ticket wouldn't be too bad for 2008.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
McCain Powell ticket? Not to shabby, both won't sink with the ship if help from the dems is what it takes to fix the boat. Hell, Powell was the only one in the cabinet who wasn't a Bush Bitch. I supported Bush in 2000, anyone but Bush in 2004, but McCain/Powell ticket? I may switch sides again for them.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I'm not convinced that the first black president is alive just yet, but if that person is, my bet is with Colin Powell or Condi Rice. They are intelligent, respected, have held a key cabinet position (back in the day the Secretary of State was more likely to one day become president than the VP was, because State is tough work and the VP is a do-nothing.) and they're only black on the outside (that one is aimed mainly at Powell).

Our really best bet for a black president though is to have George Bush escape in the process of being tarred and feathered!

EDIT: McCain and Powell would win in a walk. I don't think they'll ever be allowed to run though. They're not "good republicans". The only prayer in hell they really have is to do the Ross Perot thing. I would kill to see that. I think they could actually win as a third party ticket. As a matter of fact, I would shed blood sweat and beer to see that happen.

[edit on 17-2-2005 by The Vagabond]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Answer: YES! Bill Clinton Was The First Black President.

Remember all the news coverage? America's last president was black. It was all over the papers.

Chris Rock even joked about it -- famously, I might add.

So really, the question is: Who will be the next black president?

At this rate, the next black president will be Hillary Rodham.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond

EDIT: McCain and Powell would win in a walk.

That was suppose to happen in 2004. It could have happened in 2000. If McCain did the right thing and not campaign for Bush after they told the South McCain has black babies scattered around, he could have formed an Independant ticket in 2000. 2004 would have given him a stellar build up, with a host of that rare breed to choose from as VP , intelligent non fascist Republicans. But no, he punked out again.
Then, to not only punk out, but to totaly whore himself out to the Rove Reich, was beyond the pale.
I was a staunch McCain supporter for President in 1999, to see him end up where he did, especially after publically taking to task ALL OF BUSH'S policies, Iwas left speechless & wondering: "Did they obtain film footage of McCain giving BJ's to Charlie for rat meat scraps while in a tiger cage!?!?!?!"

They must have...

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

There are already lots of Black presidents. IN AFRICA!
The reason rome fell was because it's senators eventually became foreigners from conquered and assimulated countries. These non romans had their own special adgenda's.

This hardly makes sense, since the provincial born senators were in the senate long before the empire fell.

A black president would represent the beginning of the end of America. Yes they were forced to come here but I don't want to get into that topic. Why should people of european decent even want other races to lead them in the first place?

BY that reasoning then non-europeans in america should rise up and rebel against europeans ruling them.

and lust after our women. (Caucasions)

Everyone lusts after everyone's women.

and a Cree Indian mother

Case in point.

Also I would think that a McCAIN/Powell ticket wouldn't be too bad for 2008.

But it will never happen, short of some major catastrophe for the republican party. the party and many of its members really dislike McCain, he's a 'wild card'. Heck, he couldn't even defeat bush back when bush was a no-body gubner from texas, so I don't know how good his chances are without party administration support.

the vagabond
McCain and Powell would win in a walk

The general election, probably. But not the primaries.

IBM

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I dont think so, the only person remotely close of becoming President would be Colin Powell. He is a good man.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
he could have formed an Independant ticket in 2000. 2004 would have given him a stellar build up...
But no, he punked out again.
They must have...

Welcome to politics. The party gets everybody. How do you think these guys get where they are except through the machinations of their party? When you consider the apathy and the level of media-zombism that has all but wrecked the democratic process in America, it's easy to see why even a very popular man would be afraid to turn on the machine and stick to his guns.
McCain should have and I think it would work for him (maybe it wouldn't though- who knows just what they've got on him), but honestly I wouldn't give his failures to take a stand another thought if he finally did it and formed an independent ticket. Wrecking your party in the name of doing the right thing supercedes an awful lot of punking out.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I dont know about a black or for that matter a women being the next one, but I believe the next one will be a president who was born in another country. I think the rally to get this law passed will be hard faught , but in the case of Calf. Governor Schwartzenager power shall be thrust apon him by those who support him for president and are rallying for a change in the law to make him president.

Note however he has made a statement that he is not interested , but given a passed law and enough pressure I think he will go for it.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

There are already lots of Black presidents. IN AFRICA!
The reason rome fell was because it's senators eventually became foreigners from conquered and assimulated countries. These non romans had their own special adgenda's.

This hardly makes sense, since the provincial born senators were in the senate long before the empire fell.

Nygdan is right. The senators were not Rome's only problem, and what problems the senate did create was because of corruption, not foreign agendas.
During the 3rd century ambitious Roman citizens caused a crisis. Rome had 35 rulers, most of whom were murdered or deposed, and lost 2/3s of its territory to barbarians and domestic usurpers. Aurelian managed to reclaim much of Rome and drove out the Goths (although he had to abandon the province North of the Danube to them).
About 100 years later Rome got itself in trouble again. Thanks to Roman arrogance and declining discipline in their forces they were crushed at the battle of Adrianople by a force of Goth rebels who the Romans both outnumbered and should have outmatched. From that point on the Roman military was heavily dependent on Germanic mercinaries. The terms of peace with the Goths actually made the rebel forces an integral part of the Roman army.
Lucky for America, we aren't arrogant, we don't have corrupt or ambitious politicians, and the intensity of training and discipline in our military hasn't declined at all in recent years, so we are free to worry about the prospect of a non-white becoming president. What the hell America are you living in? We got bigger problems over here where I'm living!

A black president would represent the beginning of the end of America. Yes they were forced to come here but I don't want to get into that topic. Why should people of european decent even want other races to lead them in the first place?

BY that reasoning then non-europeans in america should rise up and rebel against europeans ruling them.

Not only that Nygdan, but our racist friend is forgetting that not all Europeans are created equal either.
The good for nothin' potato munchin' Irish (like me) don't have any place in this nation's glorious Aryan population! It's a good thing they did shoot Kennedy! We can't have some green-blooded dirty disloyal Catholic running our country!
And don't forget those thieving WOPs! They didn't serve spaghetti on the Mayflower! Italians have brought America nothing but organized crime, so their stock has no place in our government.
Maybe our buddy here would like to tell us what he thinks Europeans with Jewish acestory (or do you have other words for them?). Have you got any plans for John Kerry that the FBI should know about?

Here is my advice for our racist friend: don't let the Zeitgeist give you any sh-t. In time, the silly quesiton over how ready America is for a black president will be as dated as the debate over women's sufferage.

BattleofBatocheand lust after our women. (Caucasions)

By a show of hands, who here groups themselves in as "our women"? Have I got any women that I didn't know about? Come on, there has to be one of you somewhere. No?
See Batoche? "Our Women" is a concept which has seen its time come and go. They're just women now. They can do what they want, they can fall in love with whomever they chose, and quite a few of them can (and would) beat you senseless if you walked up to them and called them "your woman".
I know this is gonna hurt, but you have to hear this: some of "our women" prefer men of other races. If you find yourself in denial just call your local adult book store and ask.

Edit to add: Amuk you must have been in a nice part of California. If you'd spent a day in one of the less harmonious areas, you'd be immune to racism- you wouldn't even think about it as something out of the ordinary that needs to be mentioned. The skinheads at some of our highschools would lynch a junior-klansman for being too friendly towards Mexicans.

Maybe I'm exagerating a bit, but no kidding, the racist thing is NOT just a southern phenomenon. It's a wide-spread cultural phenomenon. As enlightened as I may be, I'll be honest- I'm not sure that I could be completely fair towards a hispanic candidate. I could try, but in all honesty he would probably get saddled with some unfavorale associations by race, because I grew up fighting with Mexican gang members.

[edit on 18-2-2005 by The Vagabond]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
I dont know about a black or for that matter a women being the next one, but I believe the next one will be a president who was born in another country. I think the rally to get this law passed will be hard faught , but in the case of Calf. Governor Schwartzenager power shall be thrust apon him by those who support him for president and are rallying for a change in the law to make him president.

Note however he has made a statement that he is not interested , but given a passed law and enough pressure I think he will go for it.

Not a Chance in Hell ! The Republicans are not that desperate , to forward Schwarzenegger. And on changing the law it will take some time.

Personaly I think he is too much of a womenizer(or was), that makes him a sitting duck within the Republican ranks and also his pro choice stance puts him in odds.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Did anyone just hear what I just did a senator was supposed to be introducing a law to repeal the two term limit of president , and the senator did say it would not be retroactive to include bush , but if it does pass do you think bush would fight for his chance to remain president

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I'm just gonna refer to schwartzenegger as Arnie or The Governator from here on out. Did you know that on his first movie the producer just called him (and credited him as) Arnold Strong, because he couldn't get the name right?

Anyway, Arnie is too much about his own image (and I dont know, maybe he actually cares about the people, but I really think he's just making tomorrow worse so that his policies will look good today). The republican party isn't going with him. He's not a party man, he's too liberal for some people's taste, and he is really too popular for his own good. Nobody in "the system" wants a politician who can write his own ticket.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JADESTONE

Not a Chance in Hell ! The Republicans are not that desperate , to forward Schwarzenegger. And on changing the law it will take some time.

Personaly I think he is too much of a womenizer(or was), that makes him a sitting duck within the Republican ranks and also his pro choice stance puts him in odds.

It will take as long as they make it take because they have majority, they also have a republican trying right now to introduce law to repeal constitutional restrictions on terms of the president to do away with the two term limit it was on cnn and hnws news stations today. They did say however that it would not be retroactive to include Bush but it it gets through Bush will just fight to get in on it anyway or run later, because to run latter would be accepted under the repeal because the only thing keeping him from running later is the current laws.

[edit on 18/2/2005 by drbryankkruta]

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join