It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will we ever have a Black President?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
I doubt Consevative republicans would really vote for a black president, there is still rpejudice today in the south

Thank God we have the North to help guide us sheet wearing, black lynching, sister marrying, slack jawed, toothless hicks.

I guess the fact that there are MORE KKK members in the North than the South means nothing or the fact that the largest group of Skinheads and Neo-Nazis are in the Northwest means nothing after all its just a fact why let it interfere in your bigotry.

But hey, everyone knows the South is made up COMPLETELY of inbred KKK members and the North is a harmonious blend of races and people holding hands and skipping down the street to the tune of "we are the world"

I have witnessed more racism in California than I have in Arkansas

[edit on 17-2-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
the state definately had 'mulatto' as a term being used during the adoption process. The term is also used by people giving references and editorial on Obama's book.

Hmm. I am surprised to hear that.

jadestone
Kerry lost because he was Catholic[?]

I think that in the here and now its not much of an issue, at least not as much as it was in the 60's. THo there is definitely lots of anti-catholic sentiment amoung the more fundamentalists protestants.

harmed his prospect with the faith

Heck, his bishop denied him communion because of it.

jungljake
Kerry was Catholic because he thought it would get him votes

? The man was raised catholic. The only stances he took wrt the RCC were against it. He didn't 'rely' on catholicness to get elected. The guys almost a liberal, of course he can't pass himself off as that.

This woman is an administrator, not any kind of candidate for the Executive office

She has a doctorate in foreign policy and apparently specialized on soviet politics and history and experience as national intelligence director. Now she will have experience as secretary of state. Those certainly qualify her for president.

gazrok
Powell would have had a great shot at it

I'm not so sure on that ship having passed. He obviously didn't 'fit in' with teh rest of the cabinet. Heck, being let go by bush should give him somethign like credentials with a certain crowd too! They could spin it so that powell comes out like the guy forcibly arguing behind the scenes for 'diplomacy diplomacy diplomacy!' while maintaining a public front of loyalty, which would be seen as pragmatic and necessary. Of course, thats all dependant on the Iraq situation going big time bad really. I don't think he can be spun as having been for it.

vbut I'm guessing he didn't like the prospects of assassination that the first black President is likely to face

This reminds me of that chris rock bit, where he says that if there was a black vice president that he'd shoot the president, so the VP would advance. 'What are they gonna do, put me in jail with all the other black people who are going to treat me like a hero!?'.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Think about this, Dr. Condi Rice vs Senator Hillary Clinton in 2008.

Wouldn't that be great!!! Then we'd finally elect a third party candidate for sure!!!

I'd definitely choose "none of the above"...

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Thank God we have the North to help guide us sheet wearing, black lynching, sister marrying, slack jawed, toothless hicks.

No problem! Those dentures are in the mail don't forget to pay for the COD with moonshine from the sill! Now close your mouth and git of yer sister.

I guess the fact that there are MORE KKK members in the North than the South means nothing or the fact that the largest group of Skinheads and Neo-Nazis are in the Northwest means nothing after all its just a fact why let it interfere in your bigotry.

Well, how does Jim Crowe feel about it tho? I mean, lets face it, the 'south' deserves the repuation, at least for its past actions.

But hey, everyone knows the South is made up COMPLETELY of inbred KKK members and the North is a harmonious blend of races and people holding hands and skipping down the street to the tune of "we are the world"

Its 'kum by ya', but close.

This reminds me of the story of the difference in racism between the norht and south. In the old south, the racists hate the black race but know individual blacks that they care for. I mean, if you're raised by a black nanny and your house is run by black people, you're not likely to have much of a problem with them. Whereas in the north, its the 'black race' that everyone would demand receive rights from the southerners and aggitate for, but when they'd actually have to deal with individuals they'd treat them poorly. Hate the race, love hte individual for the south, love the race, hate the individual for the north.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Like many of you, I would have voted for Colin Powell, but 2000 was his year and he passed on it. I think his wife had a lot to do with his decision, I remember an interview with Powell and his wife acts like an extremely private person.
Those who are itching for Condi Rice in 2008 will get a trifecta if she wins, the first black president, first woman president, and first lesbian president
I'm joking of course, but I know those rumors are out there.

Hilliary vs. Condi in '08 OMG!

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Only way for Condi to make it into the whitehouse as President is if the Democrats choose Osama Bin Laden as thier candidate. But if they choose anything white they will win. Condi being republicans loses the black vote, being black loses the south/west vote. She would never get Ohio, Michigan, New York, California, any western or southern or northern states, hell, doubt her home state would elect her. She won't run anyways, she is a puppet of the whitehouse, which is why Powell resigned, he had something called spine, pride, integrity(sp?) and wasn't a Bush Bitch. You will have to have something like BlackvsBlack or femalevsfemale, and even then the third parties would probably win, libertarians in the south,(conservative, not racist sister marrying slack jaw yokels, but because they are conservative) while the green party would win the north. The west would be split between green and lib.

Amuk, isn't sad that people think the whole south is like that. But is it any coincidence that the CSA voted for Bush while the Union voted for Kerry?(yes, it is, it's that the south is more religous/dogma conservative while the north leans more towards reality/science liberal)

A HilaryvsRice would lead to either a hilary or third party win. Hilary is white and democrat, something that the south like(white), and something the north likes(liberal). Hate the race, love the individual, love the rave hate the individual? What about the people in the south who would hang the individuals up by thier necks? Burn the individuals houses down?(Also, todays KKK is like a nuetered dog, all bark no balls, and they in the north cause guess where the blacks are? DO you really think they chose a city with a black mayor(Cleveland) because they had a base there? No, because it had a black mayor and it would get under his skin that he had to allow them the right to speak, as long as they were peaceful) Man, sure it is the past, but guess what? The past can come back and bite you in the ass sometimes, like your past of hating blacks, jews, women, anyone not rich white heterosexual men(in other words republican).

Of course, now is now, and this is what matters, but some people have loooooong memories of wrongful doing. Maybe if it had just been one or two states, or one or two counties in a state, but the entire south broke away over blacks being sub-human.(well, state rightsvsunion rights, but what did the union say was wrong that the south said was right, and thier right to make laws wether or not blacks are human or not)

Although I do like North Carolina and South Carolina, Florida isn't to bad either if you stay out of the major cities, or Little Havana.(Known for the fact that Cubans out number the Americans, and yet INS can't seem to find any illegal aliens to deport) And New Englad states are hellish in the winter, why anyone would live thier IDK.

[edit on 17-2-2005 by James the Lesser]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietRenegade
...and first lesbian president
I'm joking of course, but I know those rumors are out there.

No, for her to even be a lesbian would still mean that she would have to prefer sex of some sort. I don't think that this woman's had sex with anything, animate or inanimate, possibly her whole life. I think her husband is just window dressing. Not only do they probably sleep in separate beds, they probably sleep in separate rooms. Believe me, she's in need of something other than just a good dentist.

Peace

[edit on 17-2-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Well, how does Jim Crowe feel about it tho? I mean, lets face it, the 'south' deserves the repuation, at least for its past actions.

I guess all Germans are goose stepping Nazis who delight in murdering Jews? After all WW2 was a LOT closer to today than the war of yankee aggresion
You know, the one where the North invaded America

Hate the race, love hte individual for the south, love the race, hate the individual for the north.

Yopu have come REAL close to the truth here. We tend (Both Black and White) in the South to bitch about each other out of habit more than malice.
I have met very few from EITHER side that REALLY hated each other.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Hate the race, love hte individual for the south, love the race, hate the individual for the north.

hmmm, am trying to figure out which ones better...

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Whoever our first black President will be I don’t know, but Ill tell you he/she better have another African American as their running mate. Having a mixed team in office is dangerous. It would only take one racist extremist out there to try to assassinate one to get the other in office.

I few months ago I would have said Colin Powel, but now I dont know. Certainly not Condi.

I dont know that the country is ready for it. Someday I am sure, but we still live with a generation or two that lived through segrigation and the fights for racial equality. There are people, from both "sides" that will never be OK with each other. I think the country will be ready in a decade or two if the right candidate surfaces.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
How many people out there, do you think, have tried to off Bush one way or another? So many people start frothing at the mouth at the mear mention of his name. If assassination is the worry, we have the secret service to handle that, and handle it they do. Powell's made it clear for a while that he had no wish for the highest office. It'll be interesting to see the 2008 elections. I wonder if, assuming Rice runs, the Republicans will start playing the race card the way they keep complaining the Democrats do.

Nyg...Huh? I live in Chicago, the most segregated city in the US. The poles live in one district, Germans in another, Blacks get their districts, hispanics theirs, Chinese theirs, etc. Richard Daily tried to set up some programs to integrate Chicago at which point he had no friends in the City Council. The plan was shot down and peoples of each race only have to mingle with their own race.

To the best of my knowlege, Chicago is in the north. Southern cities are far more diverse than at least Chicago, and much of Wisconsin (at least where I lived up there).

EDIT:

Originally posted by James the Lesser
(yes, it is, it's that the south is more religous/dogma conservative while the north leans more towards reality/science liberal)

That's interesting. If you're a liberal athiest you're based in reality. That's an interesting implication.

[edit on 2-17-2005 by junglejake]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
There are already lots of Black presidents. IN AFRICA!
The reason rome fell was because it's senators eventually became foreigners from conquered and assimulated countries. These non romans had their own special adgenda's. A black president would represent the beginning of the end of America. Yes they were forced to come here but I don't want to get into that topic. Why should people of european decent even want other races to lead them in the first place? Eveybody speaks our languages, 2/3 of the world worship our Gods, wear our clothes, drive our cars, use our inventions and lust after our women. (Caucasions)
Go live in a country that isn't run by whitey and you be in for a big suprise.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Eveybody speaks our languages, 2/3 of the world worship our Gods, wear our clothes, drive our cars, use our inventions and lust after our women.

Wow! So I have a question for you, Batoche: If white people are the kings of the earth, why have they created a planet where wars are a regular occurrence every twenty or thirty years and millions of humans die horribly in them? Wouldn't a smart ruling race make the world better than this? I am curious.

In the 20th century, roughly 105,000,000 war deaths have happened in your world led by white men. Speaking as one of these white men, I think we need to re-think the plan. Elitist white folks have clearly worked to keep non-whites ignorant and stupid. If you educate your slave, for instance, he might become smarter than you and take your stuff. Same thing with blacks in Uganda that suffer under ruthless monsters like Amin. It was the crown that kept those africans dumb and ignorant for the decades that came before the bloodshed of the 1970s. Africa was looted and then racists like you point and say, "See how they are to each other?"

Your comment about white women sounds like trolling to me.

[edit on 17-2-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Your comment about white women sounds like trolling to me.
Small peeps

Aren't you late for the gay pride rally?

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
In my own humble opinion I think Oprah would be a excellent cand. for Pres.

She has the following, and she can sell anything off the shelves.

If she ran with Tiger as her Vice I think America and all its minorities would jump on board and run with it.

Anyone with me?

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I think Condi Rice may have an excellent shot at being both the first woman President and first black President.

I agree with you 100% on this. I will be suprised if she is not on the ticket for VP at the least in '08.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Sieg Heil there BattleofBatoche

You finally coming out of the Nazi closet?

I personally dont care if you are a Klucker or not but you will not insult the other members of this Board or your stay will be short

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Aren't you late for the gay pride rally?

No, if I were gay I'd make sure to be on time for all the rallys.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Yup I'm a nazi, funny you would accuse someone with a French Jewish Grandfather and a Cree Indian mother. Enough with the nazi crap. I want my points back you self righteous liberal!

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I think it will be a long time before we have a black or a woman as president simply because both would be strong independent leaders (they would have to be given their social possitions). Do you think Congress wants that?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join