It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangerous Democrats Part Three -- a New Star is Born

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: SailorJerry

For all those who think this kid is the enemy,.. how many of you have been victim to a school shooting? I would like to think surely someone should have the same perspective before passing judgement.

Go ahead, I'll wait.

It does in no way make them the authority on guns or our rights, emotion does not equal knowledge.

I havent been a victim of a school shooting, but I have been in active combat much of my life and shot at more times than I can count. I currently have a fragment from an AK round still in my leg.

Why am I not anti-gun?

Your statement doesnt even make sense.

Your experience in combat is invalid, because these kids aren't trained to fight back, aren't equipped to fight back, and aren't in an environment that any sane person should expect to have to deal with being shot at. Another false equivalent.

Have you ever been in combat? Have you ever been shot?

These kids went through something horrendous, but so have many many others. Many other kids who were in school shootings. They arent calling for a ban.......why is that? Is that because of the shooting or political agenda?

Funny there are quite a few kids from THIS particular shooting who arent for what people like HOGG are promoting, yet arent afforded the same platform and are indeed even excluded from these events.

So you tell me, why arent their voices heard? Are they not important? Are they not victims too?

No, this isnt about the shooting, this isnt about victims, this is about an AGENDA.

If it were not, then those other kids who do not agree with this anti 2nd amendment push, would be invited to speak as well.

Wake up

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

originally posted by: Kryties

If you're ok with children being manipulated into an agenda in which they demand your civil liberties be removed...

Then carry on and celebrate your false moral superiority on social media.

They aren't being manipulated, they are demanding it for themselves. They don't wish to have to risk their lives just to get an education so the "adults" can keep their penis extensions. Anyone who sees ANYTHING wrong with what these kids are doing has, themselves, got an "agenda".

Last I checked, this event wasn't organized by 14-18 year olds. Moreover, the kids at Stoneman HS and other high schools across the nation that are pro-2nd amendment aren't even allowed to be interviewed. That's an agenda.

To insist that the constitution be altered is an agenda. Defending the document that this nation was founded on is not.

Exactly, and I thought the left was about equality? Everyone gets a voice?

Then why are these other kids and parents of victims excluded?

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

The Amendment process is the formal way to change the Constitution. An amendment may be proposed by two-thirds vote of both houses of Congress or by a convention called by Congress at the request of two-thirds of the state legislatures. Ratification of an amendment takes three-fourths of the states to approve.

www.answers.com/Q/Amendment_process_involving_written_change_to_the_constitution

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Last I checked, this event wasn't organized by 14-18 year olds. Moreover, the kids at Stoneman HS and other high schools across the nation that are pro-2nd amendment aren't even allowed to be interviewed. That's an agenda.

And there has been a knowing and deliberate effort to pass off the gun-control march as virtually universally speaking for the high school generation while completely ignoring the pro 2nd amendment students AND their counter-marches. It's painfully obvious.

To insist that the constitution be altered is an agenda. Defending the document that this nation was founded on is not.

Well said. Thank you for saying it! That's exactly the problem here. Have you seen this from Hogg:

'When your old-a** parent is like, :I don’t know how to send an iMessage,: and you’re just like, "Give me the f***ing phone and let me handle it," Sadly, that’s what we have to do with our government,' Hogg told The Outline on Friday.

'Our parents don’t know how to use a f***ing democracy, so we have to.'

ETA: Source
He seems to have little concept of the difference between a democracy and a republic with constitutionally protected rights... and that he can and will force his will on the rest of us. And his attitude leaves much to be desired to say the least.

On the plus side, it never ends well for those who believe their own publicity. I hope this plays out soon.

edit on 25-3-2018 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Master Hogg is quite the media darling these days... something of a self-fulfilling prophecy, eh?

But he's got the best excuse in the world: Youth... not to mention trauma... and the knowing and willful exploitation and manipulation by adults who should know better. It's the adults with no good excuses and no good intentions. Shame on all of them.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

This is a day to celebrate. You grab the hot dogs and I'll grab the beer.

edit on 3/25/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
He has a familiar face of joseph goebbels.

I mean the kid was even sporting his own armband...

Call me insane. I dont like the way this kid looks imo.

The kid has a future in politics.

I bet he's done Nancy already.

I've seen some of the other kid speakers from the march/protest/spectacle they are all media perfect.

I'm glad my parents are dead so they don't have to deal with this crap.

Incestuous party.

edit on 3 25 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   

This is a false equivalent, because you're comparing something that actually happened to an (unsubstantiated) crackpot conspiracy theory.

Crackpot conspiracy theory huh?

Did you see the display today?

*Snip* removed pictures to save space

Yes, a school shooting happened.
Yes, law enforcement that failed on every level was not held accountable.
Yes, the fingers are pointed at the NRA.

What do you think the goal of today's March was? Are you gonna insist that it wasn't about demanding more gun control laws that chip away at the 2nd amendment?

You want to know why the NRA is being targeted? They are gun industry lobbyist that have GOP members more scared of going against then even a huge group like AARP. Think about that for a second. AARP which is over 600% larger in membership then the NRA but the NRA is seemingly the one group that the GOP are afraid of going against...

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

This is a false equivalent, because you're comparing something that actually happened to an (unsubstantiated) crackpot conspiracy theory.

What do you think the goal of today's March was? Are you gonna insist that it wasn't about demanding more gun control laws that chip away at the 2nd amendment?

You want to know why the NRA is being targeted? They are gun industry lobbyist that have GOP members more scared of going against then even a huge group like AARP. Think about that for a second. AARP which is over 600% larger in membership then the NRA but the NRA is seemingly the one group that the GOP are afraid of going against...

Whose scared of going against the NRA? what are they going to do ? Stop sending money? give me a break.....

Do you want to remove all guns? just answer me that

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   
You red caps actually hate the survivors more than you hate the shooter. From the bottom of my heart, # you guys.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt
You red caps actually hate the survivors more than you hate the shooter. From the bottom of my heart, # you guys.

Yeah, I've never died in a plane crash either.

Does that stop me from flying?

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

It would stop me from flying but not for long. I'm tough that way, I always come back.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Don't Hogg all the munchies, we want some too.
edit on 25-3-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Whose scared of going against the NRA? what are they going to do ? Stop sending money? give me a break.....

Why do you assume anyone saying anything critical of the NRA is out to take away all guns? I am a NRA lifetime member and I think they have gone off the rails crazy with all this gun grabbing bull# they keep pushing.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt

Red cap? What the hell is that?

Hate the survivors? Way to project your own paradigm. Deny ignorance.

From the bottom of your heart, that's pretty much the problem. You are falling into the emotion trap that causes you to ignore logic and reason.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
a reply to: DBCowboy

Meh, they want ice cream for dinner too.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Think the GOP is saying "ok, WTF do we do now" ???

Wait til they are old enough to vote then worry?

or give them something to worry about now?

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Don't Hogg all the munchies, we want some too.

Hogg-wash!

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Why do you assume anyone saying anything critical of the NRA is out to take away all guns? I am a NRA lifetime member and I think they have gone off the rails crazy with all this gun grabbing bull# they keep pushing.

The gun grabbing BS like trying to pass a bill that makes any gun taking a magazine illegal?

LoL really?

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   

The gun grabbing BS like trying to pass a bill that makes any gun taking a magazine illegal?

LoL really?

Good! No more Dentists offices!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join